Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
    Why would you out yourself through that process again ?
    Not for me, inquiring for someone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
      If you are officially DQed by NYPD, how long must you wait before you can reapply ?

You could technically apply anytime, and reprocess but the end result is a likely DQ with not enough time in between. I've heard 3 years is the ideal number to reapply. This person needs to have a steady job, driving record, and there is a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
        You could technically apply anytime, and reprocess but the end result is a likely DQ with not enough time in between. I've heard 3 years is the ideal number to reapply. This person needs to have a steady job, driving record, and there is a shot.
        Alright thanks

Comment

If you are officially DQed by NYPD, how long must you wait before you can reapply ?

If you get dqd it's in your best interest to fight it if possible that dq will follow you for a long time

Comment

Not for me, inquiring for someone else

Tell someone else that once NYPD disqualifies a candidate--it is generally on a permanent basis. To retest would only cause the APD reopen the previously sealed background file and again disqualify the applicant. Negative psych evaluations are generally contestable if one has the money to pay a psychologist and attorney to do it but getting it overturned is no guarantee of getting hired.

Comment

• Does the nypd view records you have in a clinic (not hospital, just a clinic)?

Also do they have access to it before the oral psych, or after?

Comment

• Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
                Does the nypd view records you have in a clinic (not hospital, just a clinic)?

Also do they have access to it before the oral psych, or after?
                Good question .

I bet they have clinic records too. They probably have a print out of your medical insurance records.

Comment

• All I'll say to that is no they don't have access to them but well you decide what you tell them at your own peril. If it's written on paper, there's always a record somewhere.

Comment

• Does anyone here have any idea how they will "grill" a person like me or what they'll tell me on my oral? (which will be about 2 weeks from now.

Basically...

22 year old lad
                    I was never arrested
                    Never did drugs
                    Never smoked
                    No problems with the law
                    Never drank alcohol
                    Never suspended from school
                    Never fired
                    Never got a ticket in my 5 years of driving
                    Never got in an accident
                    Solid 3.0 gpa
                    Never late to jobs, no problems in jobs
                    780 credit score
                    No debt

I just can't think of anything they'd grill me on. Would they just tell me hello and bye?
                    Last edited by hwguy1314; 08-08-2016, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
                      Does anyone here have any idea how they will "grill" a person like me or what they'll tell me on my oral? (which will be about 2 weeks from now.

Basically...

22 year old lad
                      I was never arrested
                      Never did drugs
                      Never smoked
                      No problems with the law
                      Never drank alcohol
                      Never suspended from school
                      Never fired
                      Never got a ticket in my 5 years of driving
                      Never got in an accident
                      Solid 3.0 gpa
                      Never late to jobs, no problems in jobs
                      780 credit score
                      No debt

I just can't think of anything they'd grill me on. Would they just tell me hello and bye?

I think it all depends on who you get as a psychologist. Mine was very nice and professional with me. I lasted an hour in there with her. Came out alittle discouraged since they don't tell you pass or fail which is normal. I was cleared in a few days. My friend on the other hand had a psychologist that grilled him & placed him on review & requested school & medical records. He was cleared in about 2 & a half weeks. So I think it all depends on what psych Doctor you get. Pm me if you have more questions

Comment

• I got tired of being on psych review and since they won't send you a proposed dq letter until your list is close to expiring I decided to hire jerold levine to help fight it. Its very expensive but if u dont want a psych dq following you your whole life you should fight it anyone has questions pm me

Comment

• Originally posted by Celcius27 View Post
                          I think it all depends on who you get as a psychologist. Mine was very nice and professional with me. I lasted an hour in there with her. Came out alittle discouraged since they don't tell you pass or fail which is normal. I was cleared in a few days. My friend on the other hand had a psychologist that grilled him & placed him on review & requested school & medical records. He was cleared in about 2 & a half weeks. So I think it all depends on what psych Doctor you get. Pm me if you have more questions
                          Why would they request records that should have already submitted ? His investigator should have had all that info before he even did the oral.
                          Yonkers Police Exam
                          Date: 3/26/2014
                          Score: 90
                          List: Zone 3
                          Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
                          Date: 1/9/2016
                          Score: 9X.X%
                          List: 1XX
                          Orientation: 6/24/16
                          Medical:6/24/16
                          Agility:7/9/16
                          Written Psych:8/2/16
                          Oral Psych:
                          PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
                          Date: 6/8/16
                          Score: 9X.X%

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
                            Why would they request records that should have already submitted ? His investigator should have had all that info before he even did the oral.
                            Your investigator would not have your medical records or your school IEP or special needs files...your BI has no need for them...only your psych or the Dr for mini would require those for review if there was something that was being questioned or needed further review...such as going to psychologist/psychiatrist when you were younger, took special classes in elementary and high school your BI has no need for that info and therefore your Psych Dr. would request them for you to get.
                            NYPD Exam 4320: January 4, 2014
                            List: 1XX
                            APD-5: Submitted 01/26/2016
                            MEDICAL: 05/12/2016 Passed
                            WRITTEN PSYCHOLOGICAL: 06/02/2016 Passed
                            ORAL PSYCHOLOGICAL: 07/19/2016 On Review
                            MET WITH INVESTIGATOR: 06/09/2016
                            BI: In Process
                            JST: Passed 2:55
                            Mini-Med: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Celcius27 View Post
                              There are doctors that place people on psych review for the littlest reasons my psych interview was very rough and unprofessional.. did your friend get interviewed byMichael r white

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                                There are doctors that place people on psych review for the littlest reasons my psych interview was very rough and unprofessional.. did your friend get interviewed byMichael r white
                                No, his psych doctor was a female as well. I do not know her name.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9797 users online. 472 members and 9325 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X