Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly can the NYPD see from your medical records when you sign the release..? For example do I need to put down that I went to the hospital a few times when i was about 5 years old due to asthma? Or does it really not matter as long as it wasn't recent. Don't want to get into trouble for omission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NYPD Exam #4328

List number 57*
    APD: Finalized/due on 5/20/16
    Medical:
    Oral psych:
    Written psych:
    BI:
    JST:
    Mini-Med:

Comment

• NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Originally posted by gkelly007 View Post
      What exactly can the NYPD see from your medical records when you sign the release..? For example do I need to put down that I went to the hospital a few times when i was about 5 years old due to asthma? Or does it really not matter as long as it wasn't recent. Don't want to get into trouble for omission.

Yes, they have to look it, my DOC family, yesterday had one recruit officer died during her physical run, she had heart attack. Guys this is not joke, if you were disqualified from law enforcement job any reasons whatever psych or medical , just give up and find another job. It won't hurt yourself, you family and perform you duty in the future.

Last edited by John Lin; 07-22-2016, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
        Also important to remember that the stories you are hearing are from us(the candidates point of view). Important details that may not look good to the candidate may be omitted in these stories. I certainly agree they do get these DQ's wrong sometimes but they also do get them right.
        Then there's always those who slip through the cracks...

Comment

• Quick question guys
          When your on psych review
          How do they process your case
          By exam ,severity ,date you were put on???

Comment

• Originally posted by etorres817 View Post
            Quick question guys
            When your on psych review
            How do they process your case
            By exam ,severity ,date you were put on???
            If your on psych review and they don't clear you after 3-5 months your going to sit on psych review up until a few months before your exam expires it's the nypd way of saying we don't want to hire you and we don't want to give you a chance to fight the dq

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
              If your on psych review and they don't clear you after 3-5 months your going to sit on psych review up until a few months before your exam expires it's the nypd way of saying we don't want to hire you and we don't want to give you a chance to fight the dq
              NYPD holds all the playing cards in the game.......

Comment

• Has anyone on this thread tried to appeal the DQ? And if you did what was the outcome.Only asking because I'm in the process of appealing. I got a letter from the Commission on steps to take.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_ZOE007 View Post
                  Has anyone on this thread tried to appeal the DQ? And if you did what was the outcome.Only asking because I'm in the process of appealing. I got a letter from the Commission on steps to take.
                  I only know of one regular poster on this thread that appealed a psych DQ and that was Vista. He did overturn the psych disqualification; however, NYPD did disqualify him on other grounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                    I only know of one regular poster on this thread that appealed a psych DQ and that was Vista. He did overturn the psych disqualification; however, NYPD did disqualify him on other grounds.
                    Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by B_ZOE007 View Post
                      Has anyone on this thread tried to appeal the DQ? And if you did what was the outcome.Only asking because I'm in the process of appealing. I got a letter from the Commission on steps to take.
                      I'm going to appeal haven't got my proposed letter of dq yet... going to use jerold levine possibly

Comment

• Ok so I need a little guidance, reassurance if you will. I had my oral last month and was told I needed to send in some documents (School/Med). I immediately requested the documents and they were sent in within a few days, well before the deadline. I contacted my Dr. trying to confirm receipt and she said she hadn't received them yet, I followed up with my documents and was told they were sent...i also contacted APD as to a status update. I sent an email to my psych explaining they were sent and if she needed anything else to let me know...she sent back that she "got something, doesn't know what it is to check back in a week"... then I got an email from APD to my status a few hours later saying I'm on psych review...my question is how can I be on psych review when my doc's didn't get looked at yet and not Disc....has anyone else been through this...am I done for since I was put on "review" before my docs were submitted?
                        NYPD Exam 4320: January 4, 2014
                        List: 1XX
                        APD-5: Submitted 01/26/2016
                        MEDICAL: 05/12/2016 Passed
                        WRITTEN PSYCHOLOGICAL: 06/02/2016 Passed
                        ORAL PSYCHOLOGICAL: 07/19/2016 On Review
                        MET WITH INVESTIGATOR: 06/09/2016
                        BI: In Process
                        JST: Passed 2:55
                        Mini-Med: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra218 View Post
                          Ok so I need a little guidance, reassurance if you will. I had my oral last month and was told I needed to send in some documents (School/Med). I immediately requested the documents and they were sent in within a few days, well before the deadline. I contacted my Dr. trying to confirm receipt and she said she hadn't received them yet, I followed up with my documents and was told they were sent...i also contacted APD as to a status update. I sent an email to my psych explaining they were sent and if she needed anything else to let me know...she sent back that she "got something, doesn't know what it is to check back in a week"... then I got an email from APD to my status a few hours later saying I'm on psych review...my question is how can I be on psych review when my doc's didn't get looked at yet and not Disc....has anyone else been through this...am I done for since I was put on "review" before my docs were submitted?

"Review" is just exactly what it means......Psych unit will examine your submitted documents and make a determination from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

"Review" is just exactly what it means......Psych unit will examine your submitted documents and make a determination from there.
                            I understand that review means "to be reviewed" but how can I be put under review when she hadn't received my documents? Are you automatically put on review until they receive the doc's? She instructed me after my interview that I would be placed "discontinued" until my documents were received...and also from what I've been hearing and reading...taken with a grain of salt of course! as there are 3 sides to every story...is that once on "review" its extremely difficult to get off without receiving that horrid letter a few months later...I'm just curious as to the process I'm very excited to have gotten this far and just wondering why as I felt good leaving the interview.
                            NYPD Exam 4320: January 4, 2014
                            APD-5: Submitted 01/26/2016
                            MEDICAL: 05/12/2016 Passed
                            WRITTEN PSYCHOLOGICAL: 06/02/2016 Passed
                            ORAL PSYCHOLOGICAL: 07/19/2016 On Review
                            MET WITH INVESTIGATOR: 06/09/2016
                            BI: In Process
                            JST: Passed 2:55
                            Mini-Med: ?

Comment

• If you are officially DQed by NYPD, how long must you wait before you can reapply ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                                If you are officially DQed by NYPD, how long must you wait before you can reapply ?

Why would you out yourself through that process again ?
                                Yonkers Police Exam
                                Date: 3/26/2014
                                Score: 90
                                List: Zone 3
                                Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
                                Date: 1/9/2016
                                Score: 9X.X%
                                Orientation: 6/24/16
                                Medical:6/24/16
                                Agility:7/9/16
                                Written Psych:8/2/16
                                Oral Psych:
                                PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
                                Date: 6/8/16
                                Score: 9X.X%

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8345 users online. 366 members and 7979 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X