Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    And it's up to the Dept MO, not YOUR Dr, to decide.
    Yes I know it's up to the department. That's pretty obvious but thanks for the tip
    Exam: 4320 list # 40*
    Initial med: 5/5/2016
    BI:??
    Written Physc: ???
    Oral Physc: ???
    JST: ???
    Mini Med: ????

Comment

• NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Deleted......
      Last edited by gkelly007; 07-21-2016, 08:54 PM.
      NYPD Exam #4328

List number 57*
      APD: Finalized/due on 5/20/16
      Medical:
      Oral psych:
      Written psych:
      BI:
      JST:
      Mini-Med:

Comment

• Originally posted by gkelly007 View Post
        Hello I have a question about my chances on being DQ'd as well. I used to be prescribed ADD medication but don't take it anymore. I also saw a psychologist 5 years ago regarding minor issues, including the use of my prescribed ADD medication. I am definitely going to tell them I took the ADD medication because I know they will find out/ask. Will they ask you if you've ever seen a psych doctor? I'm sure they'll have it on record that I've visited one so it's probably just better off telling them if they ask me. What do you guys think ? Hope this doesn't DQ me. I have a super clean record and everything. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Most likely will put you on review. The doc will want to see records.
        Exam: 4320 list # 40*
        Initial med: 5/5/2016
        BI:??
        Written Physc: ???
        Oral Physc: ???
        JST: ???
        Mini Med: ????

Comment

Hello I have a question about my chances on being DQ'd as well. I used to be prescribed ADD medication but don't take it anymore. I also saw a psychologist 5 years ago regarding minor issues, including the use of my prescribed ADD medication. I am definitely going to tell them I took the ADD medication because I know they will find out/ask. Will they ask you if you've ever seen a psych doctor? I'm sure they'll have it on record that I've visited one so it's probably just better off telling them if they ask me. What do you guys think ? Hope this doesn't DQ me. I have a super clean record and everything. Thanks!

Yes, they will ask you that. Yes, they are
          going to request that you sign a release of records from the psychologist treating you. Don't know whether you'll be Disqualified or not based upon what you wrote so far.

Comment

Start getting all your records in order they will want to see them. I was put on review and chewed out over moving violations You basically need absolutely nothing in your personal history to be cleared by psych right away

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
              Start getting all your records in order they will want to see them. I was put on review and chewed out over moving violations You basically need absolutely nothing in your personal history to be cleared by psych right away
              What does moving violations have to do with pysch ?, how does that determine if you get the job or not based off say a seat belt ticket which I bealive is a moving violation.

It seems like they just want to put people on hold or dq for anything.
              Yonkers Police Exam
              Date: 3/26/2014
              Score: 90
              List: Zone 3
              Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
              Date: 1/9/2016
              Score: 9X.X%
              List: 1XX
              Orientation: 6/24/16
              Medical:6/24/16
              Agility:7/9/16
              Written Psych:8/2/16
              Oral Psych:
              PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
              Date: 6/8/16

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• Multiple violations are indicative of a refusal to obey rules, authority issues, etc.

They KNOW what things to look for. You don't.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Comment

Multiple violations are indicative of a refusal to obey rules, authority issues, etc.

Living in nyc your gonna get tickets that's all that was on my record I've been driving for 17 years impossible to avoid tickets

Comment

Multiple violations are indicative of a refusal to obey rules, authority issues, etc.

That dosn't mean anything, there are mutiple reasons why you can get a ticket, some times your at the wrong place at the wrong time.

If it was something that was a repeat offense over and over maybe that makes more sense. I am sure there are plenty of cops with mutiple violations and dui's on the job now. The issue is nypd can be very selective so many canidates will get greased in the process plain n simple.
                      Yonkers Police Exam

NYC DOC Exam 6315
                      Oral Psych:
                      PE:

Comment

• NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Deleted.........
                        Last edited by gkelly007; 07-21-2016, 02:47 PM.
                        NYPD Exam #4328

List number 57*
                        APD: Finalized/due on 5/20/16
                        Medical:
                        Oral psych:
                        Written psych:
                        BI:
                        JST:
                        Mini-Med:

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
                          That dosn't mean anything, there are mutiple reasons why you can get a ticket, some times your at the wrong place at the wrong time.

If it was something that was a repeat offense over and over maybe that makes more sense. I am sure there are plenty of cops with mutiple violations and dui's on the job now. The issue is nypd can be very selective so many canidates will get greased in the process plain n simple.
                          Yup, NYPD is very selective in their hiring practices. With literally tens of thousand of applicants taking and passing the written exam they can afford to be. Only 1 out of 12 candidates make the grade and are hired.

You need to look at traffic moving violations from a safety and liability point of view. After all, you're driving a city vehicle and the city becomes responsible for your actions behind the wheel if you are negligent in causing a motor vehicle accident.

How do you know there are "plenty of NYPD cops" with multiple traffic violations and DWIs still on the job?? Maybe in some department upstate but not necessarily NYPD. Discipline in NYPD is certain, swift and severe. Most of the larger police agencies will not even tolerate a first DWI arrest involving an officer which would generally result in termination.

Comment

• I am basing it off what I've heard about and read over the years. The nypd was not always this strict esp around 06,07 when the salary was like 25k to start so a lot of so called canidates who didn't meet the standard got in. It just seems like nypd is quick to judge and dq people based on small samples that don't actually represent a persons actual character. Maybe I just read to many horror stories on here and my judgment is clouded, I have to remember this forum is a small percentage of actual canidates that apply for these jobs.
                            Yonkers Police Exam

NYC DOC Exam 6315
                            Oral Psych:
                            PE:

Comment

• Also important to remember that the stories you are hearing are from us(the candidates point of view). Important details that may not look good to the candidate may be omitted in these stories. I certainly agree they do get these DQ's wrong sometimes but they also do get them right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
                                I am basing it off what I've heard about and read over the years. The nypd was not always this strict esp around 06,07 when the salary was like 25k to start so a lot of so called canidates who didn't meet the standard got in. It just seems like nypd is quick to judge and dq people based on small samples that don't actually represent a persons actual character. Maybe I just read to many horror stories on here and my judgment is clouded, I have to remember this forum is a small percentage of actual canidates that apply for these jobs.

The sheer numbers that only 1 out of 12 candidates who pass the written will actually be hired has to tell you something. Yes, you're correct--they don't take into account one's "record as a whole". Again, with literally tens of thousands seeking employment with them--they can afford to be selective--eliminating those with even minor past folibles. The hiring process is long, arduous and quite thorough averaging about three years from date of written exam to actual hire.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11035 users online. 517 members and 10518 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X