Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
    Does anyone here have any idea how they will "grill" a person like me or what they'll tell me on my oral? (which will be about 2 weeks from now.

Basically...

22 year old lad
    I was never arrested
    Never did drugs
    Never smoked
    No problems with the law
    Never drank alcohol
    Never suspended from school
    Never fired
    Never got a ticket in my 5 years of driving
    Never got in an accident
    Solid 3.0 gpa
    Never late to jobs, no problems in jobs
    780 credit score
    No debt

I just can't think of anything they'd grill me on. Would they just tell me hello and bye?

I think it all depends on who you get as a psychologist. Mine was very nice and professional with me. I lasted an hour in there with her. Came out alittle discouraged since they don't tell you pass or fail which is normal. I was cleared in a few days. My friend on the other hand had a psychologist that grilled him & placed him on review & requested school & medical records. He was cleared in about 2 & a half weeks. So I think it all depends on what psych Doctor you get. Pm me if you have more questions

Comment

• I got tired of being on psych review and since they won't send you a proposed dq letter until your list is close to expiring I decided to hire jerold levine to help fight it. Its very expensive but if u dont want a psych dq following you your whole life you should fight it anyone has questions pm me

Comment

• Originally posted by Celcius27 View Post
        I think it all depends on who you get as a psychologist. Mine was very nice and professional with me. I lasted an hour in there with her. Came out alittle discouraged since they don't tell you pass or fail which is normal. I was cleared in a few days. My friend on the other hand had a psychologist that grilled him & placed him on review & requested school & medical records. He was cleared in about 2 & a half weeks. So I think it all depends on what psych Doctor you get. Pm me if you have more questions
        Why would they request records that should have already submitted ? His investigator should have had all that info before he even did the oral.
        Yonkers Police Exam
        Date: 3/26/2014
        Score: 90
        List: Zone 3
        Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
        Date: 1/9/2016
        Score: 9X.X%
        List: 1XX
        Orientation: 6/24/16
        Medical:6/24/16
        Agility:7/9/16
        Written Psych:8/2/16
        Oral Psych:
        PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
        Date: 6/8/16

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
          Why would they request records that should have already submitted ? His investigator should have had all that info before he even did the oral.
          Your investigator would not have your medical records or your school IEP or special needs files...your BI has no need for them...only your psych or the Dr for mini would require those for review if there was something that was being questioned or needed further review...such as going to psychologist/psychiatrist when you were younger, took special classes in elementary and high school your BI has no need for that info and therefore your Psych Dr. would request them for you to get.
          NYPD Exam 4320: January 4, 2014
          APD-5: Submitted 01/26/2016
          MEDICAL: 05/12/2016 Passed
          WRITTEN PSYCHOLOGICAL: 06/02/2016 Passed
          ORAL PSYCHOLOGICAL: 07/19/2016 On Review
          MET WITH INVESTIGATOR: 06/09/2016
          BI: In Process
          JST: Passed 2:55
          Mini-Med: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Celcius27 View Post
            There are doctors that place people on psych review for the littlest reasons my psych interview was very rough and unprofessional.. did your friend get interviewed byMichael r white

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
              There are doctors that place people on psych review for the littlest reasons my psych interview was very rough and unprofessional.. did your friend get interviewed byMichael r white
              No, his psych doctor was a female as well. I do not know her name.

Comment

• I am going through the doc process right now and had to a sign a medical release form amoung others so I would assume nypd did the same thing considering how stern they seem.
                Yonkers Police Exam
                Date: 3/26/2014
                Score: 90
                List: Zone 3
                Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
                Date: 1/9/2016
                Orientation: 6/24/16
                Medical:6/24/16
                Agility:7/9/16
                Written Psych:8/2/16
                Oral Psych:
                PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
                Date: 6/8/16

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

Does anyone here have any idea how they will "grill" a person like me or what they'll tell me on my oral? (which will be about 2 weeks from now.

Basically...

22 year old lad
                  I was never arrested
                  Never did drugs
                  Never smoked
                  No problems with the law
                  Never drank alcohol
                  Never fired
                  Never got in an accident
                  Solid 3.0 gpa
                  780 credit score
                  No debt

I just can't think of anything they'd grill me on. Would they just tell me hello and bye?
                  All the things you've stated makes you sound like a good candidate but that's what you're background investigation is for. I would say the pysch goes deeper into your personality. It's a combo of what you've submitted and how you anewer the questions. Most ppl (myself included) probably view it as an attempt to see if you're crazy. Beyond that, based on how you anewer questions you could come off as socially introverted, or person who has problems with authority, a person with a distorted view of their own self worth, a person trying to appear more good than what they really are etc. So you might be mentally stable but your personality isn't a good for the department

However the oral is your chance to possibly explain any red flag indicators for example there's a question about do you feel like you're being watched? Most ppl would probably say no, I'd say yes but only because of my professional as a CO. Inmates are always watching you lol

I've taken this test 4x and done a little research so I'm slightly familiar with it. Best of luck to you

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
                    All the things you've stated makes you sound like a good candidate but that's what you're background investigation is for. I would say the pysch goes deeper into your personality. It's a combo of what you've submitted and how you anewer the questions. Most ppl (myself included) probably view it as an attempt to see if you're crazy. Beyond that, based on how you anewer questions you could come off as socially introverted, or person who has problems with authority, a person with a distorted view of their own self worth, a person trying to appear more good than what they really are etc. So you might be mentally stable but your personality isn't a good for the department

However the oral is your chance to possibly explain any red flag indicators for example there's a question about do you feel like you're being watched? Most ppl would probably say no, I'd say yes but only because of my professional as a CO. Inmates are always watching you lol

I've taken this test 4x and done a little research so I'm slightly familiar with it. Best of luck to you

If I am not
                    Mistaken; all NYPD candidates must complete The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) test. The psychologist assigned to the applicant will review his/her responses to get an insight as to the candidate's overall personality.

Comment

Basically...

22 year old lad
                      I was never arrested
                      Never did drugs
                      Never smoked
                      No problems with the law
                      Never drank alcohol
                      Never fired
                      Never got in an accident
                      Solid 3.0 gpa
                      780 credit score
                      No debt

What do you do for excitement??

Comment

Basically...

22 year old lad
                        I was never arrested
                        Never did drugs
                        Never smoked
                        No problems with the law
                        Never drank alcohol
                        Never fired
                        Never got in an accident
                        Solid 3.0 gpa
                        780 credit score
                        No debt

They'll review your posts on here.
                        They'll look at your answers to questions posted here and how you act as if you're a MOS.
                        They'll pay CLOSE attention to your snarky comments.
                        Then they'll look at your maturity level...
                        Last edited by CCCSD; 08-31-2016, 11:05 AM.
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I got tired of being on psych review and since they won't send you a proposed dq letter until your list is close to expiring I decided to hire jerold levine to help fight it. Its very expensive but if u dont want a psych dq following you your whole life you should fight it anyone has questions pm me
                          Don't do that. Wait for them to send you the letter so you can Appeal. You are going to waste your money and still get disqualified. NYPD to be told what to do, rare cases are overturned after being taken to court. You can ask the guys who has more experience about the subject. Vista, RetiredPoliceOfficer, CountCorrectionalOfficer etc. Ask those guys.

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

I got tired of being on psych review and since they won't send you a proposed dq letter until your list is close to expiring I decided to hire jerold levine to help fight it. Its very expensive but if u dont want a psych dq following you your whole life you should fight it anyone has questions pm me

Think about applying to other agencies. NYPD isn't the only game in town. Most of your smaller LE agencies do not place emphasis on psych evaluations as it could be either "hit or miss". Second, you haven't been disqualified yet so how can you appeal to the NYC CSC? Third, overturning a psych disqualification might restore you to the list of eligibles but it is no guarantee in itself of you getting hired by NYPD. You can also be disqualified on other grounds (i.e. negative character foibles).

Comment

• Hey,
                              How does the written exam work? Meaning is there a time limit? or are you allowed to take as much time as you want?
                              NYPD P.O EXAM (03/14)
                              Test# 4324
                              List #: XX
                              APD-5: completed (03/2016)
                              Medical: Qualified (07/2016)
                              Psychological: Qualified (8/2016)
                              B.I.: Qualified (8/2016)
                              JST: Qualified (9/2016)
                              Mini: Qualified (9/2016)
                              Got the call:

Comment

• [QUOTE=Melvindrbk;3921783]Don't do that. Wait for them to send you the letter so you can Appeal. You are going to waste your money and still get disqualified. NYPD to be told what to do, rare cases are overturned after being taken to court. You can ask the guys who has more experience about the subject. Vista, RetiredPoliceOfficer, CountCorrectionalOfficer etc. Ask those g
                                Last edited by shimmy; 08-11-2016, 09:41 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7465 users online. 374 members and 7091 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X