Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey guys I have a quick question, what are my chances of beating a DQ for the medical? When I was 17 5 years ago I dislocated my shoulder. I got therapy treatment with no surgeries and any other procedures afterwards. I took my medical on May 5 and was placed on review. The review doctor said its hard to believe I never had any problems with it afterwards and requested an MRI and x rays. After doing so she deferred me saying I get surgery to repair the shoulder because there is a tear in it currently or I'm DQ. My ortho cleared me saying the findings in the MRI just shows I previously had a dislocation. so did the physcial therapy and my physician all said I was fine. I won't get surgery for the many different reasons and more importantly because I don't feel any stress or pain from the shoulder. I currently lift heavy weights daily and have no issues. I've managed to speak to the doctor to see me again this coming week and go over my results. She was willing to do so including speaking to my ortho on the phone. She also said she won't change her mind so it's looking like a DQ. Any insight or tips are hugely appreciated.
    Exam: 4320 list # 40*
    Initial med: 5/5/2016
    BI:??
    Written Physc: ???
    Oral Physc: ???
    JST: ???
    Mini Med: ????

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Nathenn View Post
      Hey guys I have a quick question, what are my chances of beating a DQ for the medical? When I was 17 5 years ago I dislocated my shoulder. I got therapy treatment with no surgeries and any other procedures afterwards. I took my medical on May 5 and was placed on review. The review doctor said its hard to believe I never had any problems with it afterwards and requested an MRI and x rays. After doing so she deferred me saying I get surgery to repair the shoulder because there is a tear in it currently or I'm DQ. My ortho cleared me saying the findings in the MRI just shows I previously had a dislocation. so did the physcial therapy and my physician all said I was fine. I won't get surgery for the many different reasons and more importantly because I don't feel any stress or pain from the shoulder. I currently lift heavy weights daily and have no issues. I've managed to speak to the doctor to see me again this coming week and go over my results. She was willing to do so including speaking to my ortho on the phone. She also said she won't change her mind so it's looking like a DQ. Any insight or tips are hugely appreciated.

      I forgot to mention when the Nypd doc checked me my shoulder had full mobility.
      Exam: 4320 list # 40*
      Initial med: 5/5/2016
      BI:??
      Written Physc: ???
      Oral Physc: ???
      JST: ???
      Mini Med: ????

      Comment





      • Old timers, what are my chances if I take that test ? Keep in mind I'm on psych review for NYPD.


        Sent from my House Phone!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post



          Old timers, what are my chances if I take that test ? Keep in mind I'm on psych review for NYPD.


          Sent from my House Phone!!



          These are positions with the the NYCDEC/ bureau of water supply. In other words; you'll be working up this way in the Upper Hudson Valley posted at the reservoirs. Give the test a try....you have nothing to lose.

          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashokan_Reservoir
          Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 07-20-2016, 09:17 AM.

          Comment


          • GL with that they don't hire much and they still have other exams to pull from before that one.
            Yonkers Police Exam
            Date: 3/26/2014
            Score: 90
            List: Zone 3
            Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

            NYC DOC Exam 6315
            Date: 1/9/2016
            Score: 9X.X%
            List: 1XX
            Orientation: 6/24/16
            Medical:6/24/16
            Agility:7/9/16
            Written Psych:8/2/16
            Oral Psych:
            PE:

            Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
            Date: 6/8/16
            Score: 9X.X%






            *US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
              GL with that they don't hire much and they still have other exams to pull from before that one.

              True, and those few hired by them receive their police training up here; not at the NYPD academy.

              Comment


              • DEP Police is processed by NYPD


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Nathenn View Post
                  Hey guys I have a quick question, what are my chances of beating a DQ for the medical? When I was 17 5 years ago I dislocated my shoulder. I got therapy treatment with no surgeries and any other procedures afterwards. I took my medical on May 5 and was placed on review. The review doctor said its hard to believe I never had any problems with it afterwards and requested an MRI and x rays. After doing so she deferred me saying I get surgery to repair the shoulder because there is a tear in it currently or I'm DQ. My ortho cleared me saying the findings in the MRI just shows I previously had a dislocation. so did the physcial therapy and my physician all said I was fine. I won't get surgery for the many different reasons and more importantly because I don't feel any stress or pain from the shoulder. I currently lift heavy weights daily and have no issues. I've managed to speak to the doctor to see me again this coming week and go over my results. She was willing to do so including speaking to my ortho on the phone. She also said she won't change her mind so it's looking like a DQ. Any insight or tips are hugely appreciated.


                  I would write directly, by USPS, mail directly to whomever physician is the head of the medical dept of NYPD. Explain your situation to him and attach your medical documentation to the letter with your doctor's (orthopedic) opinion.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
                    DEP Police is processed by NYPD


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    That's what I wanted to know. I might end up on psych review with them as well. Smh.


                    Sent from my House Phone!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
                      That's what I wanted to know. I might end up on psych review with them as well. Smh.


                      Sent from my House Phone!!
                      Its unfortunate but yes, DEP police, NYC sheriffs, both processed by PD. I believe corrections started doing their own processing back in 2013 because PD was literally DQing almost all of their applicants.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                        I would write directly, by USPS, mail directly to whomever physician is the head of the medical dept of NYPD. Explain your situation to him and attach your medical documentation to the letter with your doctor's (orthopedic) opinion.
                        I was thinking of doing that if Tuesday doesn't go well. I will attach all 3 docotors clearence letter as well as write my own formal letter. I have a meeting with my ortho tom I will also ask him to write a formal letter for the head of the department since my ortho is a professional and can explain it much better then me. Basically I will have 3 clearence letters and 2 letters from my PT and my ortho as well as a letter from me.
                        Exam: 4320 list # 40*
                        Initial med: 5/5/2016
                        BI:??
                        Written Physc: ???
                        Oral Physc: ???
                        JST: ???
                        Mini Med: ????

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Nathenn View Post
                          I was thinking of doing that if Tuesday doesn't go well. I will attach all 3 docotors clearence letter as well as write my own formal letter. I have a meeting with my ortho tom I will also ask him to write a formal letter for the head of the department since my ortho is a professional and can explain it much better then me. Basically I will have 3 clearence letters and 2 letters from my PT and my ortho as well as a letter from me.

                          Review your orthopedic physician's narrative report very CAREFULLY. Very Important-- make sure the report contains no speculative terms such as maybe, could be etc. That renders the report to be of limited probative value.

                          Comment


                          • And it's up to the Dept MO, not YOUR Dr, to decide.
                            Now go home and get your shine box!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                              And it's up to the Dept MO, not YOUR Dr, to decide.
                              Very true...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

                                Review your orthopedic physician's narrative report very CAREFULLY. Very Important-- make sure the report contains no speculative terms such as maybe, could be etc. That renders the report to be of limited probative value.
                                Will do. The officer at the medical told me he doubts Anything will change because it's up to the ortho PD Doctor but it's still worth a shot.
                                Exam: 4320 list # 40*
                                Initial med: 5/5/2016
                                BI:??
                                Written Physc: ???
                                Oral Physc: ???
                                JST: ???
                                Mini Med: ????

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7931 users online. 425 members and 7506 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X