Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B_ZOE007 View Post
    Has anyone on this thread tried to appeal the DQ? And if you did what was the outcome.Only asking because I'm in the process of appealing. I got a letter from the Commission on steps to take.
    I'm going to appeal haven't got my proposed letter of dq yet... going to use jerold levine possibly

Comment

• Ok so I need a little guidance, reassurance if you will. I had my oral last month and was told I needed to send in some documents (School/Med). I immediately requested the documents and they were sent in within a few days, well before the deadline. I contacted my Dr. trying to confirm receipt and she said she hadn't received them yet, I followed up with my documents and was told they were sent...i also contacted APD as to a status update. I sent an email to my psych explaining they were sent and if she needed anything else to let me know...she sent back that she "got something, doesn't know what it is to check back in a week"... then I got an email from APD to my status a few hours later saying I'm on psych review...my question is how can I be on psych review when my doc's didn't get looked at yet and not Disc....has anyone else been through this...am I done for since I was put on "review" before my docs were submitted?
      NYPD Exam 4320: January 4, 2014
      List: 1XX
      APD-5: Submitted 01/26/2016
      MEDICAL: 05/12/2016 Passed
      WRITTEN PSYCHOLOGICAL: 06/02/2016 Passed
      ORAL PSYCHOLOGICAL: 07/19/2016 On Review
      MET WITH INVESTIGATOR: 06/09/2016
      BI: In Process
      JST: Passed 2:55
      Mini-Med: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra218 View Post
        Ok so I need a little guidance, reassurance if you will. I had my oral last month and was told I needed to send in some documents (School/Med). I immediately requested the documents and they were sent in within a few days, well before the deadline. I contacted my Dr. trying to confirm receipt and she said she hadn't received them yet, I followed up with my documents and was told they were sent...i also contacted APD as to a status update. I sent an email to my psych explaining they were sent and if she needed anything else to let me know...she sent back that she "got something, doesn't know what it is to check back in a week"... then I got an email from APD to my status a few hours later saying I'm on psych review...my question is how can I be on psych review when my doc's didn't get looked at yet and not Disc....has anyone else been through this...am I done for since I was put on "review" before my docs were submitted?

"Review" is just exactly what it means......Psych unit will examine your submitted documents and make a determination from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

"Review" is just exactly what it means......Psych unit will examine your submitted documents and make a determination from there.
          I understand that review means "to be reviewed" but how can I be put under review when she hadn't received my documents? Are you automatically put on review until they receive the doc's? She instructed me after my interview that I would be placed "discontinued" until my documents were received...and also from what I've been hearing and reading...taken with a grain of salt of course! as there are 3 sides to every story...is that once on "review" its extremely difficult to get off without receiving that horrid letter a few months later...I'm just curious as to the process I'm very excited to have gotten this far and just wondering why as I felt good leaving the interview.
          NYPD Exam 4320: January 4, 2014
          APD-5: Submitted 01/26/2016
          MEDICAL: 05/12/2016 Passed
          WRITTEN PSYCHOLOGICAL: 06/02/2016 Passed
          ORAL PSYCHOLOGICAL: 07/19/2016 On Review
          MET WITH INVESTIGATOR: 06/09/2016
          BI: In Process
          JST: Passed 2:55
          Mini-Med: ?

Comment

• If you are officially DQed by NYPD, how long must you wait before you can reapply ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
              If you are officially DQed by NYPD, how long must you wait before you can reapply ?

Why would you out yourself through that process again ?
              Yonkers Police Exam
              Date: 3/26/2014
              Score: 90
              List: Zone 3
              Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
              Date: 1/9/2016
              Score: 9X.X%
              Orientation: 6/24/16
              Medical:6/24/16
              Agility:7/9/16
              Written Psych:8/2/16
              Oral Psych:
              PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
              Date: 6/8/16
              Score: 9X.X%

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
                Why would you out yourself through that process again ?
                Not for me, inquiring for someone else

Comment

If you are officially DQed by NYPD, how long must you wait before you can reapply ?

You could technically apply anytime, and reprocess but the end result is a likely DQ with not enough time in between. I've heard 3 years is the ideal number to reapply. This person needs to have a steady job, driving record, and there is a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
                    You could technically apply anytime, and reprocess but the end result is a likely DQ with not enough time in between. I've heard 3 years is the ideal number to reapply. This person needs to have a steady job, driving record, and there is a shot.
                    Alright thanks

Comment

If you get dqd it's in your best interest to fight it if possible that dq will follow you for a long time

Comment

Not for me, inquiring for someone else

Tell someone else that once NYPD disqualifies a candidate--it is generally on a permanent basis. To retest would only cause the APD reopen the previously sealed background file and again disqualify the applicant. Negative psych evaluations are generally contestable if one has the money to pay a psychologist and attorney to do it but getting it overturned is no guarantee of getting hired.

Comment

• Does the nypd view records you have in a clinic (not hospital, just a clinic)?

Also do they have access to it before the oral psych, or after?

Comment

• Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
                            Does the nypd view records you have in a clinic (not hospital, just a clinic)?

Also do they have access to it before the oral psych, or after?
                            Good question .

I bet they have clinic records too. They probably have a print out of your medical insurance records.

Comment

• All I'll say to that is no they don't have access to them but well you decide what you tell them at your own peril. If it's written on paper, there's always a record somewhere.

Comment

• Does anyone here have any idea how they will "grill" a person like me or what they'll tell me on my oral? (which will be about 2 weeks from now.

Basically...

22 year old lad
                                I was never arrested
                                Never did drugs
                                Never smoked
                                No problems with the law
                                Never drank alcohol
                                Never suspended from school
                                Never fired
                                Never got a ticket in my 5 years of driving
                                Never got in an accident
                                Solid 3.0 gpa
                                Never late to jobs, no problems in jobs
                                780 credit score
                                No debt

I just can't think of anything they'd grill me on. Would they just tell me hello and bye?
                                Last edited by hwguy1314; 08-08-2016, 12:58 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8523 users online. 459 members and 8064 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X