Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    Multiple violations are indicative of a refusal to obey rules, authority issues, etc.

They KNOW what things to look for. You don't.
    That dosn't mean anything, there are mutiple reasons why you can get a ticket, some times your at the wrong place at the wrong time.

If it was something that was a repeat offense over and over maybe that makes more sense. I am sure there are plenty of cops with mutiple violations and dui's on the job now. The issue is nypd can be very selective so many canidates will get greased in the process plain n simple.
    Yonkers Police Exam
    Date: 3/26/2014
    Score: 90
    List: Zone 3
    Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
    Date: 1/9/2016
    Score: 9X.X%
    List: 1XX
    Orientation: 6/24/16
    Medical:6/24/16
    Agility:7/9/16
    Written Psych:8/2/16
    Oral Psych:
    PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
    Date: 6/8/16

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Deleted.........
      Last edited by gkelly007; 07-21-2016, 02:47 PM.
      NYPD Exam #4328

List number 57*
      APD: Finalized/due on 5/20/16
      Medical:
      Oral psych:
      Written psych:
      BI:
      JST:
      Mini-Med:

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
        That dosn't mean anything, there are mutiple reasons why you can get a ticket, some times your at the wrong place at the wrong time.

If it was something that was a repeat offense over and over maybe that makes more sense. I am sure there are plenty of cops with mutiple violations and dui's on the job now. The issue is nypd can be very selective so many canidates will get greased in the process plain n simple.
        Yup, NYPD is very selective in their hiring practices. With literally tens of thousand of applicants taking and passing the written exam they can afford to be. Only 1 out of 12 candidates make the grade and are hired.

You need to look at traffic moving violations from a safety and liability point of view. After all, you're driving a city vehicle and the city becomes responsible for your actions behind the wheel if you are negligent in causing a motor vehicle accident.

How do you know there are "plenty of NYPD cops" with multiple traffic violations and DWIs still on the job?? Maybe in some department upstate but not necessarily NYPD. Discipline in NYPD is certain, swift and severe. Most of the larger police agencies will not even tolerate a first DWI arrest involving an officer which would generally result in termination.

Comment

• I am basing it off what I've heard about and read over the years. The nypd was not always this strict esp around 06,07 when the salary was like 25k to start so a lot of so called canidates who didn't meet the standard got in. It just seems like nypd is quick to judge and dq people based on small samples that don't actually represent a persons actual character. Maybe I just read to many horror stories on here and my judgment is clouded, I have to remember this forum is a small percentage of actual canidates that apply for these jobs.
          Yonkers Police Exam
          Date: 3/26/2014
          Score: 90
          List: Zone 3
          Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
          Date: 1/9/2016
          List: 1XX
          Orientation: 6/24/16
          Medical:6/24/16
          Agility:7/9/16
          Written Psych:8/2/16
          Oral Psych:
          PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
          Date: 6/8/16

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• Also important to remember that the stories you are hearing are from us(the candidates point of view). Important details that may not look good to the candidate may be omitted in these stories. I certainly agree they do get these DQ's wrong sometimes but they also do get them right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
              I am basing it off what I've heard about and read over the years. The nypd was not always this strict esp around 06,07 when the salary was like 25k to start so a lot of so called canidates who didn't meet the standard got in. It just seems like nypd is quick to judge and dq people based on small samples that don't actually represent a persons actual character. Maybe I just read to many horror stories on here and my judgment is clouded, I have to remember this forum is a small percentage of actual canidates that apply for these jobs.

The sheer numbers that only 1 out of 12 candidates who pass the written will actually be hired has to tell you something. Yes, you're correct--they don't take into account one's "record as a whole". Again, with literally tens of thousands seeking employment with them--they can afford to be selective--eliminating those with even minor past folibles. The hiring process is long, arduous and quite thorough averaging about three years from date of written exam to actual hire.

Comment

• What exactly can the NYPD see from your medical records when you sign the release..? For example do I need to put down that I went to the hospital a few times when i was about 5 years old due to asthma? Or does it really not matter as long as it wasn't recent. Don't want to get into trouble for omission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                NYPD Exam #4328

List number 57*
                APD: Finalized/due on 5/20/16
                Medical:
                Oral psych:
                Written psych:
                BI:
                JST:
                Mini-Med:

Comment

• NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Originally posted by gkelly007 View Post
                  What exactly can the NYPD see from your medical records when you sign the release..? For example do I need to put down that I went to the hospital a few times when i was about 5 years old due to asthma? Or does it really not matter as long as it wasn't recent. Don't want to get into trouble for omission.

Yes, they have to look it, my DOC family, yesterday had one recruit officer died during her physical run, she had heart attack. Guys this is not joke, if you were disqualified from law enforcement job any reasons whatever psych or medical , just give up and find another job. It won't hurt yourself, you family and perform you duty in the future.

Last edited by John Lin; 07-22-2016, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
                    Also important to remember that the stories you are hearing are from us(the candidates point of view). Important details that may not look good to the candidate may be omitted in these stories. I certainly agree they do get these DQ's wrong sometimes but they also do get them right.
                    Then there's always those who slip through the cracks...

Comment

• Quick question guys
                      When your on psych review
                      How do they process your case
                      By exam ,severity ,date you were put on???

Comment

• Originally posted by etorres817 View Post
                        Quick question guys
                        When your on psych review
                        How do they process your case
                        By exam ,severity ,date you were put on???
                        If your on psych review and they don't clear you after 3-5 months your going to sit on psych review up until a few months before your exam expires it's the nypd way of saying we don't want to hire you and we don't want to give you a chance to fight the dq

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                          If your on psych review and they don't clear you after 3-5 months your going to sit on psych review up until a few months before your exam expires it's the nypd way of saying we don't want to hire you and we don't want to give you a chance to fight the dq
                          NYPD holds all the playing cards in the game.......

Comment

• Has anyone on this thread tried to appeal the DQ? And if you did what was the outcome.Only asking because I'm in the process of appealing. I got a letter from the Commission on steps to take.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_ZOE007 View Post
                              Has anyone on this thread tried to appeal the DQ? And if you did what was the outcome.Only asking because I'm in the process of appealing. I got a letter from the Commission on steps to take.
                              I only know of one regular poster on this thread that appealed a psych DQ and that was Vista. He did overturn the psych disqualification; however, NYPD did disqualify him on other grounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                                I only know of one regular poster on this thread that appealed a psych DQ and that was Vista. He did overturn the psych disqualification; however, NYPD did disqualify him on other grounds.
                                Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6395 users online. 427 members and 5968 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X