Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BP3 View Post
    Does anybody have any experience regarding the NYPD and failed polygraphs? Does failing a polygraph DQ you or put you on review?

I haven't failed a polygraph but I'm wary about applying to jobs that have a polygraph because I don't fully trust the accuracy of the polygraph. The last thing I want to do is jeopardize my chances with the NYPD since it's one of the agencies I'm processing for.

NYPD does NOT
    conduct polygraph exams of their applicants.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
      NYPD does NOT
      conduct polygraph exams of their applicants.
      CCO,

I know that they do not, I was wondering if they would review polygraph results from other agencies since they don't conduct them. It seems like an unfavorable polygraph from one agency would get you DQ'd or on review with the NYPD.

Comment

CCO,

I know that they do not, I was wondering if they would review polygraph results from other agencies since they don't conduct them. It seems like an unfavorable polygraph from one agency would get you DQ'd or on review with the NYPD.
        During my interview with my BI, and Psych they asked if I had ever taken a poly. The psych would definitely want to see the results of the poly if you fail. They may even want it if you pass. The main thing they are looking for is discrepancies (ex you tell one agency that uses the polygraph you have smoked weed before, you tell NYPD you haven't). If you fail one, and no discrepancies pop up you should be alright. Most people who tell the truth on a poly pass but as you said it isn't always the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
          During my interview with my BI, and Psych they asked if I had ever taken a poly. The psych would definitely want to see the results of the poly if you fail. They may even want it if you pass. The main thing they are looking for is discrepancies (ex you tell one agency that uses the polygraph you have smoked weed before, you tell NYPD you haven't). If you fail one, and no discrepancies pop up you should be alright. Most people who tell the truth on a poly pass but as you said it isn't always the case.
          Which is why telling the truth is so important.

Comment

CCO,

A friend of mine failed a poly for homeland security and is currently in the Nypd academy. Shouldn't be much of an issue if everything else lines up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I was dq'ed 2x. once for PO and the other for PCT. Yrs later I got hired by DOC. My past is far from perfect or squeaky clean. I'm currently going through the process again for PO. I'm from exam 4300 but kept delaying things to see if I had a shot with fdny. I remember during my psych for DOC they asked about a stressful event and I put the hiring process because I "failed" it 2x. When the ask how I handled it my answer was to keep trying if I failed it again. My point is stay strong stay positive. Hopefully the 4th time is a charm

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
                I was dq'ed 2x. once for PO and the other for PCT. Yrs later I got hired by DOC. My past is far from perfect or squeaky clean. I'm currently going through the process again for PO. I'm from exam 4300 but kept delaying things to see if I had a shot with fdny. I remember during my psych for DOC they asked about a stressful event and I put the hiring process because I "failed" it 2x. When the ask how I handled it my answer was to keep trying if I failed it again. My point is stay strong stay positive. Hopefully the 4th time is a charm
                Good luck, but I do have a question. Do you think NYPD will give you a fair oral psych again? or will they just automatically dq you for previously being dqed

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
                  Good luck, but I do have a question. Do you think NYPD will give you a fair oral psych again? or will they just automatically dq you for previously being dqed
                  I have no idea. I'm hoping they do. I honestly think I didn't do a good job explaining myself during my previous oral pyschs. So given a clean slate I know I'd do better

Comment

I have no idea. I'm hoping they do. I honestly think I didn't do a good job explaining myself during my previous oral pyschs. So given a clean slate I know I'd do better
                    Did you get a psych date yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
                      Did you get a psych date yet
                      I've done the written already but have yet to meet with my investigator

Comment

I was dq'ed 2x. once for PO and the other for PCT. Yrs later I got hired by DOC. My past is far from perfect or squeaky clean. I'm currently going through the process again for PO. I'm from exam 4300 but kept delaying things to see if I had a shot with fdny. I remember during my psych for DOC they asked about a stressful event and I put the hiring process because I "failed" it 2x. When the ask how I handled it my answer was to keep trying if I failed it again. My point is stay strong stay positive. Hopefully the 4th time is a charm

I am very surprised that DOC hired you
                        Last year, DOC completely revamped their hiring practices due to a scolding report by the NYCDOI. In essence, as it is current; DOC will AUTOMATICALLY DQ an applicant that was DQed by NYPD. Normally, NYPD will re-open their file on you and would disqualify you based on your previous disqualification. NYPD is quite stringent in their hiring practices and only 1 out of 12 candidates who pass the written exam get hired.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

I am very surprised that DOC hired you
                          Last year, DOC completely revamped their hiring practices due to a scolding report by the NYCDOI. In essence, as it is current; DOC will AUTOMATICALLY DQ an applicant that was DQed by NYPD. Normally, NYPD will re-open their file on you and would disqualify you based on your previous disqualification. NYPD is quite stringent in their hiring practices and only 1 out of 12 candidates who pass the written exam get hired.
                          I was surprised myself and I know all to well about that report. Lately there have been too many scolding reports to keep track off when it comes to DOC. Based on what you wrote I'm pretty much all but done with PD and if that's the case it would be disappointing.

Comment

• I wouldn't say it's an auto disqualification. The cards are stacked against you but it all depends on the circumstances of what you were DQ'd for. If you have a solid work record with the DOC, the psychologist may take the circumstances, and time elapsed since the last DQ into account with their decision. The two DQ's are a black mark, and work against you but worth a shot.

Comment

I was surprised myself and I know all to well about that report. Lately there have been too many scolding reports to keep track off when it comes to DOC. Based on what you wrote I'm pretty much all but done with PD and if that's the case it would be disappointing.

Don't lose hope....there are other police agencies that will hire you. NYPD not the only game in town. Most other police agencies look to hire out of corrections and military.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
                                I wouldn't say it's an auto disqualification. The cards are stacked against you but it all depends on the circumstances of what you were DQ'd for. If you have a solid work record with the DOC, the psychologist may take the circumstances, and time elapsed since the last DQ into account with their decision. The two DQ's are a black mark, and work against you but worth a shot.

There are agencies upstate and out-of-state that will hire him. His experience as a CO is a huge plus!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4973 users online. 242 members and 4731 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X