Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
    That's what I wanted to know. I might end up on psych review with them as well. Smh.

Sent from my House Phone!!
    Its unfortunate but yes, DEP police, NYC sheriffs, both processed by PD. I believe corrections started doing their own processing back in 2013 because PD was literally DQing almost all of their applicants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
      I would write directly, by USPS, mail directly to whomever physician is the head of the medical dept of NYPD. Explain your situation to him and attach your medical documentation to the letter with your doctor's (orthopedic) opinion.
      I was thinking of doing that if Tuesday doesn't go well. I will attach all 3 docotors clearence letter as well as write my own formal letter. I have a meeting with my ortho tom I will also ask him to write a formal letter for the head of the department since my ortho is a professional and can explain it much better then me. Basically I will have 3 clearence letters and 2 letters from my PT and my ortho as well as a letter from me.
      Exam: 4320 list # 40*
      Initial med: 5/5/2016
      BI:??
      Written Physc: ???
      Oral Physc: ???
      JST: ???
      Mini Med: ????

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathenn View Post
        I was thinking of doing that if Tuesday doesn't go well. I will attach all 3 docotors clearence letter as well as write my own formal letter. I have a meeting with my ortho tom I will also ask him to write a formal letter for the head of the department since my ortho is a professional and can explain it much better then me. Basically I will have 3 clearence letters and 2 letters from my PT and my ortho as well as a letter from me.

Review your orthopedic physician's narrative report very CAREFULLY. Very Important-- make sure the report contains no speculative terms such as maybe, could be etc. That renders the report to be of limited probative value.

Comment

• And it's up to the Dept MO, not YOUR Dr, to decide.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            And it's up to the Dept MO, not YOUR Dr, to decide.
            Very true...

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Review your orthopedic physician's narrative report very CAREFULLY. Very Important-- make sure the report contains no speculative terms such as maybe, could be etc. That renders the report to be of limited probative value.
              Will do. The officer at the medical told me he doubts Anything will change because it's up to the ortho PD Doctor but it's still worth a shot.

Comment

And it's up to the Dept MO, not YOUR Dr, to decide.
                Yes I know it's up to the department. That's pretty obvious but thanks for the tip

Comment

• NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Deleted......
                  Last edited by gkelly007; 07-21-2016, 09:54 PM.
                  NYPD Exam #4328

List number 57*
                  APD: Finalized/due on 5/20/16
                  Medical:
                  Oral psych:
                  Written psych:
                  BI:
                  JST:
                  Mini-Med:

Comment

• Originally posted by gkelly007 View Post
                    Hello I have a question about my chances on being DQ'd as well. I used to be prescribed ADD medication but don't take it anymore. I also saw a psychologist 5 years ago regarding minor issues, including the use of my prescribed ADD medication. I am definitely going to tell them I took the ADD medication because I know they will find out/ask. Will they ask you if you've ever seen a psych doctor? I'm sure they'll have it on record that I've visited one so it's probably just better off telling them if they ask me. What do you guys think ? Hope this doesn't DQ me. I have a super clean record and everything. Thanks!

Most likely will put you on review. The doc will want to see records.

Comment

Hello I have a question about my chances on being DQ'd as well. I used to be prescribed ADD medication but don't take it anymore. I also saw a psychologist 5 years ago regarding minor issues, including the use of my prescribed ADD medication. I am definitely going to tell them I took the ADD medication because I know they will find out/ask. Will they ask you if you've ever seen a psych doctor? I'm sure they'll have it on record that I've visited one so it's probably just better off telling them if they ask me. What do you guys think ? Hope this doesn't DQ me. I have a super clean record and everything. Thanks!

Yes, they will ask you that. Yes, they are
                      going to request that you sign a release of records from the psychologist treating you. Don't know whether you'll be Disqualified or not based upon what you wrote so far.

Comment

Start getting all your records in order they will want to see them. I was put on review and chewed out over moving violations You basically need absolutely nothing in your personal history to be cleared by psych right away

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                          Start getting all your records in order they will want to see them. I was put on review and chewed out over moving violations You basically need absolutely nothing in your personal history to be cleared by psych right away
                          What does moving violations have to do with pysch ?, how does that determine if you get the job or not based off say a seat belt ticket which I bealive is a moving violation.

It seems like they just want to put people on hold or dq for anything.
                          Yonkers Police Exam
                          Date: 3/26/2014
                          Score: 90
                          List: Zone 3
                          Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
                          Date: 1/9/2016
                          Score: 9X.X%
                          List: 1XX
                          Orientation: 6/24/16
                          Medical:6/24/16
                          Agility:7/9/16
                          Written Psych:8/2/16
                          Oral Psych:
                          PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
                          Date: 6/8/16
                          Score: 9X.X%

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• Multiple violations are indicative of a refusal to obey rules, authority issues, etc.

They KNOW what things to look for. You don't.
                            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Comment

Multiple violations are indicative of a refusal to obey rules, authority issues, etc.

They KNOW what things to look for. You don't.
                                Living in nyc your gonna get tickets that's all that was on my record I've been driving for 17 years impossible to avoid tickets

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6459 users online. 366 members and 6093 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X