Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
    I was at a nypd Aux event and I was asked by some police officers if I took the exam. I told them that i did and that i was on review. They told me not to quit and if they try to DQ me to fight it and to keep calling every other week and ask for a update on my status. I been on review since Oct 2015.
    I've been on review since December I think the average wait time is a year and a half as for calling the psych department that's a waste no one picks up and if they do they won't tell you anything and your investigator has nothing to do with the psych part so that's a dead end it's all 1 long waiting game

Comment

• I received the answer I was looking for thanks again
      Last edited by Max99; 01-31-2018, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max99 View Post
        Any applicants get DQ from a past job termination. I know the NYPD site states "Discharge from employment, where such discharge indicates poor behavior and/or an inability adjusting to discipline" is grounds for dq. When I was 20 I worked part time as campus security while being a full time student and doing ROTC. I was terminated from the security job due to missing shifts and one verbal compliant from a student, reporting to my boss I yelled at her. Since then I've done 4 years in the military as an Officer and was honorably discharged. This is the only thing in my background I'm worried about. Any information or insight would be greatly appreciated.

NYPD can and will disqualify you based on poor previous employment. And many are disqualified due to that. But go thru the process and see what happens. I think you have a good chance with them.

Your military service is your strong point; and many, if not, most LE employers prefer (former) military personnel over civilians.

Good luck, Max!

Comment

• Thanks I appreciate the feedback

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
            I've been on review since December I think the average wait time is a year and a half as for calling the psych department that's a waste no one picks up and if they do they won't tell you anything and your investigator has nothing to do with the psych part so that's a dead end it's all 1 long waiting game
            Calling every week might work in some way. They keep pulling up your name on the computer, they might review your case. It happened to a friend of mine, he kept calling every week for a few months, all of sudden, they told him he was good to go, not on psych review anymore. I'll keep calling APD every week, that only take a few minutes.

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• Police Recruit
              San Jose Police Department - New York, NY
              $83,824 a year

NOW HIRING! Police Recruit for June 2017 Academy

On-Site Testing: New York, NY
              September 30th-October 1st 2016 at John Jay College

The San Jose Police Department is a dynamic, progressive and professional organization dedicated to maintaining community partnerships which promote a high quality of life for the City of San Jose, the tenth largest city in the nation. The Department employs over 800 police officers in four Bureaus, including more than 50 specialized assignments, such as Homicide, Crime Scene, SWAT, K9, Family Violence and Vice/Intelligence.

The Department will be conducting on-site testing in New York for the position of Police Recruit Officer. SJPD will be administering the POST written test (PELLETB). Apply online at www.joinsjpdblue.com to qualify for on-site testing. For questions, please contact the SJPD Recruiting Unit at 408-277-4951.

QUALIFICATIONS :

No experience or training necessary
              At least 21 years old at time of entering academy / Maximum age is 70 years old
              U.S. high school diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) diploma
              Must have completed a total of at least 40 semester units at the time of application or
              4 years of active service in The United States Armed Forces
              Must be a citizen of the United States or have applied for citizenship
              Must possess a valid United States driver’s license
              Must have at least 20/40 uncorrected vision
              No felony, domestic violence, misdemeanor assault convictions, or currently on probation or parole
              BENEFITS (subject to change):

Paid academy training with salary of $34.59 an hour
              Annual base pay range for Police Officer of $83,824 to $112,248 (7 annual steps)
              4-day work week, 10-hour shifts
              Paid vacation and sick time accrual
              Domestic partnership benefits
              Overtime and Secondary Employment opportunities

For more job opportunities, career fairs, free training programs/internships visit:
              NYC Jobs
              https://www.facebook.com/Nycjobs1/

#Opportunity #employment #jobalert #worknyc #jobshiring #applynow #jobfair #NYCcareers #Ineedajob #NewYorkCity #money #openings #mtajob #jobwanted #worldstarofjobs #hiring #nycjobs #mta #nychiring #sharewithfriends #newjob #resume #jobhunting #networking #jobsearch #tweetmyjobs #hireme #jobposting #jobseeker

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• You don't want to work for SJPD. Go over to the forum and read.
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                    You don't want to work for SJPD. Go over to the forum and read.
                    Why not?

Comment

• Read the posts. I don't have the energy to rehash it all.
                      If you are too lazy to do that little effort, it's no wonder...
                      Last edited by CCCSD; 07-10-2016, 08:25 PM.
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Finally able to ask my question on here! I've been on review for about 8 months now with no sign of movement. The only thing that I could plausibly see triggering the review is the fact that I didn't finish school in one straight shot. (My background is as squeaky clean as there is) Many many moons ago I decided I needed a break from the scholastic world. I have more than enough credits and easily the minimum GPA. In short, the main reason I didn't go back was because around that same time I found a job. I love what I do. It's career relavant. And I still work there today. I knew this opportunity would eventually come down the pipe and that I had already met the minimum qualifications.

When I was put on review I decided to make use of this incredibly long drawn out wait and go back to school. My hopes being that it would demonstrate growth and comitment to this goal. Either way it doesn't hurt to finish up. I am going to graduate in December.

Does anyone think I should volunteer this information to the psych department? Would it be applicable to the review process or just on appeal? I have kept my investigator informed.

Any thoughts or advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks everybody.

Comment

• Fisherman, I doubt that's the reason you were put on review. Could be something you said, something came out on the written. It's no use in trying to figure out why you 're on psych review. Different psychologists interpret things different ways. Email the psychologist, and ask if there's any update on your case.

Comment

• Hey guys, I have my written pysch on Wednesday. What should I expect? Do I draw the house?

Comment

• Originally posted by JayCeeSplash View Post
                              Hey guys, I have my written pysch on Wednesday. What should I expect? Do I draw the house?
                              Filling out alot of paperwork...listen carefully..follow instructions..turn cell phones as soon as you enter the building it will save you if you forget...its about 1100 questions..dont overthink..you draw a house, tree and a person
                              NYPD EXAM 8132- October 2009
                              Score: 96
                              List: 1216 Special Military List - July 2012
                              APD-5: May 7th 2016 - Completed
                              Medical: May 25th 2016 - Completed/Passed
                              Written Psychological: June 13th 2016 - Completed/Passed
                              Oral Psychological: June 15th 2016 - Completed/Passed
                              BI Meet: June 5th 2016 - Approved (July 11th 2016)
                              JST: June 11th 2016 - Completed/Passed 3:05
                              Mini Med: May 25th 2016 - Completed/Passed
                              Hire Notification: July 11th 2016

Comment

• Does anybody have any experience regarding the NYPD and failed polygraphs? Does failing a polygraph DQ you or put you on review?

I haven't failed a polygraph but I'm wary about applying to jobs that have a polygraph because I don't fully trust the accuracy of the polygraph. The last thing I want to do is jeopardize my chances with the NYPD since it's one of the agencies I'm processing for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7274 users online. 390 members and 6884 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X