Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
    Did you get a psych date yet
    I've done the written already but have yet to meet with my investigator

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
      I was dq'ed 2x. once for PO and the other for PCT. Yrs later I got hired by DOC. My past is far from perfect or squeaky clean. I'm currently going through the process again for PO. I'm from exam 4300 but kept delaying things to see if I had a shot with fdny. I remember during my psych for DOC they asked about a stressful event and I put the hiring process because I "failed" it 2x. When the ask how I handled it my answer was to keep trying if I failed it again. My point is stay strong stay positive. Hopefully the 4th time is a charm

I am very surprised that DOC hired you
      Last year, DOC completely revamped their hiring practices due to a scolding report by the NYCDOI. In essence, as it is current; DOC will AUTOMATICALLY DQ an applicant that was DQed by NYPD. Normally, NYPD will re-open their file on you and would disqualify you based on your previous disqualification. NYPD is quite stringent in their hiring practices and only 1 out of 12 candidates who pass the written exam get hired.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

I am very surprised that DOC hired you
        Last year, DOC completely revamped their hiring practices due to a scolding report by the NYCDOI. In essence, as it is current; DOC will AUTOMATICALLY DQ an applicant that was DQed by NYPD. Normally, NYPD will re-open their file on you and would disqualify you based on your previous disqualification. NYPD is quite stringent in their hiring practices and only 1 out of 12 candidates who pass the written exam get hired.
        I was surprised myself and I know all to well about that report. Lately there have been too many scolding reports to keep track off when it comes to DOC. Based on what you wrote I'm pretty much all but done with PD and if that's the case it would be disappointing.

Comment

• I wouldn't say it's an auto disqualification. The cards are stacked against you but it all depends on the circumstances of what you were DQ'd for. If you have a solid work record with the DOC, the psychologist may take the circumstances, and time elapsed since the last DQ into account with their decision. The two DQ's are a black mark, and work against you but worth a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
            I was surprised myself and I know all to well about that report. Lately there have been too many scolding reports to keep track off when it comes to DOC. Based on what you wrote I'm pretty much all but done with PD and if that's the case it would be disappointing.

Don't lose hope....there are other police agencies that will hire you. NYPD not the only game in town. Most other police agencies look to hire out of corrections and military.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
              I wouldn't say it's an auto disqualification. The cards are stacked against you but it all depends on the circumstances of what you were DQ'd for. If you have a solid work record with the DOC, the psychologist may take the circumstances, and time elapsed since the last DQ into account with their decision. The two DQ's are a black mark, and work against you but worth a shot.

There are agencies upstate and out-of-state that will hire him. His experience as a CO is a huge plus!

Comment

• Hey guys I have a quick question, what are my chances of beating a DQ for the medical? When I was 17 5 years ago I dislocated my shoulder. I got therapy treatment with no surgeries and any other procedures afterwards. I took my medical on May 5 and was placed on review. The review doctor said its hard to believe I never had any problems with it afterwards and requested an MRI and x rays. After doing so she deferred me saying I get surgery to repair the shoulder because there is a tear in it currently or I'm DQ. My ortho cleared me saying the findings in the MRI just shows I previously had a dislocation. so did the physcial therapy and my physician all said I was fine. I won't get surgery for the many different reasons and more importantly because I don't feel any stress or pain from the shoulder. I currently lift heavy weights daily and have no issues. I've managed to speak to the doctor to see me again this coming week and go over my results. She was willing to do so including speaking to my ortho on the phone. She also said she won't change her mind so it's looking like a DQ. Any insight or tips are hugely appreciated.
                Exam: 4320 list # 40*
                Initial med: 5/5/2016
                BI:??
                Written Physc: ???
                Oral Physc: ???
                JST: ???
                Mini Med: ????

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathenn View Post
                  Hey guys I have a quick question, what are my chances of beating a DQ for the medical? When I was 17 5 years ago I dislocated my shoulder. I got therapy treatment with no surgeries and any other procedures afterwards. I took my medical on May 5 and was placed on review. The review doctor said its hard to believe I never had any problems with it afterwards and requested an MRI and x rays. After doing so she deferred me saying I get surgery to repair the shoulder because there is a tear in it currently or I'm DQ. My ortho cleared me saying the findings in the MRI just shows I previously had a dislocation. so did the physcial therapy and my physician all said I was fine. I won't get surgery for the many different reasons and more importantly because I don't feel any stress or pain from the shoulder. I currently lift heavy weights daily and have no issues. I've managed to speak to the doctor to see me again this coming week and go over my results. She was willing to do so including speaking to my ortho on the phone. She also said she won't change her mind so it's looking like a DQ. Any insight or tips are hugely appreciated.

I forgot to mention when the Nypd doc checked me my shoulder had full mobility.
                  Exam: 4320 list # 40*
                  Initial med: 5/5/2016
                  BI:??
                  Written Physc: ???
                  Oral Physc: ???
                  JST: ???
                  Mini Med: ????

Comment

• Old timers, what are my chances if I take that test ? Keep in mind I'm on psych review for NYPD.

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post

Old timers, what are my chances if I take that test ? Keep in mind I'm on psych review for NYPD.

These are positions with the the NYCDEC/ bureau of water supply. In other words; you'll be working up this way in the Upper Hudson Valley posted at the reservoirs. Give the test a try....you have nothing to lose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashokan_Reservoir
                      Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 07-20-2016, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• GL with that they don't hire much and they still have other exams to pull from before that one.
                        Yonkers Police Exam
                        Date: 3/26/2014
                        Score: 90
                        List: Zone 3
                        Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
                        Date: 1/9/2016
                        Score: 9X.X%
                        List: 1XX
                        Orientation: 6/24/16
                        Medical:6/24/16
                        Agility:7/9/16
                        Written Psych:8/2/16
                        Oral Psych:
                        PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
                        Date: 6/8/16
                        Score: 9X.X%

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
                          GL with that they don't hire much and they still have other exams to pull from before that one.

True, and those few hired by them receive their police training up here; not at the NYPD academy.

Comment

• DEP Police is processed by NYPD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathenn View Post
                              Hey guys I have a quick question, what are my chances of beating a DQ for the medical? When I was 17 5 years ago I dislocated my shoulder. I got therapy treatment with no surgeries and any other procedures afterwards. I took my medical on May 5 and was placed on review. The review doctor said its hard to believe I never had any problems with it afterwards and requested an MRI and x rays. After doing so she deferred me saying I get surgery to repair the shoulder because there is a tear in it currently or I'm DQ. My ortho cleared me saying the findings in the MRI just shows I previously had a dislocation. so did the physcial therapy and my physician all said I was fine. I won't get surgery for the many different reasons and more importantly because I don't feel any stress or pain from the shoulder. I currently lift heavy weights daily and have no issues. I've managed to speak to the doctor to see me again this coming week and go over my results. She was willing to do so including speaking to my ortho on the phone. She also said she won't change her mind so it's looking like a DQ. Any insight or tips are hugely appreciated.

I would write directly, by USPS, mail directly to whomever physician is the head of the medical dept of NYPD. Explain your situation to him and attach your medical documentation to the letter with your doctor's (orthopedic) opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
                                DEP Police is processed by NYPD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                That's what I wanted to know. I might end up on psych review with them as well. Smh.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4820 users online. 337 members and 4483 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X