Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
    Yea I know I took almost every le test for nyc I'm not moving down south I have a family and 2 small kids I'm gonna keep trying to get anything for nyc
    Yup, I see what you mean....you're stuck here.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayhemcyclesinc View Post
      Appealed Psych DQ 1/12/16 with the Civil Service Commission, received letter from CSC about two weeks ago stating that they still have yet to receive any paperwork from the NYPD. Called NYPD Psych Appeals office and the Psych Dept. and left a total of 5 messages. Still no answer. Next step is sending a certified letter telling them to please submit paperwork on my file to CSC. Anyone have this issue happen to them before? Thanks

Leave it alone. Eventually civil service will decide based of your submission alone. You need not do anything, its up to CSC now. Your letter's will go unanswered, as with your call's. They would be taken more seriously if they were from a lawyer.
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
        Leave it alone. Eventually civil service will decide based of your submission alone. You need not do anything, its up to CSC now. Your letter's will go unanswered, as with your call's. They would be taken more seriously if they were from a lawyer.
        yeah i never liked the article 78 when i spoke to jerold levine he mentioned it was an option.. i was hoping for a response from psych department after 6 months like some people but it looks like im going to be waiting over a year.. i am hoping my long history of never getting in trouble (besides moving violations) and supporting a family counts for something. im going to sit and wait g-d knows how much longer and sweat it out and if they wanna dq me ill probably call kronenberg he seems like a good guy not in it for the quick cash but i really hope things work out for me with the nypd.. i missed the final class for the 09 court officers and im incredibly disappointed how things have been going but such is life

Comment

yeah i never liked the article 78 when i spoke to jerold levine he mentioned it was an option.. i was hoping for a response from psych department after 6 months like some people but it looks like im going to be waiting over a year.. i am hoping my long history of never getting in trouble (besides moving violations) and supporting a family counts for something. im going to sit and wait g-d knows how much longer and sweat it out and if they wanna dq me ill probably call kronenberg he seems like a good guy not in it for the quick cash but i really hope things work out for me with the nypd.. i missed the final class for the 09 court officers and im incredibly disappointed how things have been going but such is life
          MTA pd has an application for the written test open now. Can't hurt to apply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
            MTA pd has an application for the written test open now. Can't hurt to apply

Already did that's a lottery like the port authority Very hard job to get interesting thing about the mta pd is its a lottery just to take the test
            Last edited by shimmy; 07-06-2016, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Already did that's a lottery like the port authority Very hard job to get interesting thing about the mta pd is its a lottery just to take the test
              MTA police is lottery to take the exam, not sure about further steps from there.

Comment

• What's up with nypd putting so many people on psych review ?

It's just a questioner and an interview, are people being really inconsistent with there answers ? It's like an epidemic or something.
                Last edited by Nyk20z3; 07-06-2016, 09:07 AM.
                Yonkers Police Exam
                Date: 3/26/2014
                Score: 90
                List: Zone 3
                Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
                Date: 1/9/2016
                Score: 9X.X%
                List: 1XX
                Orientation: 6/24/16
                Medical:6/24/16
                Agility:7/9/16
                Written Psych:8/2/16
                Oral Psych:
                PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
                Date: 6/8/16

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• Hey guys. Anyone have a good dr. Or lawyer I can use to find out why I got disqualification from psych Thanks guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
                    What's up with nypd putting so many people on psych review ?

It's just a questioner and an interview, are people being really inconsistent with there answers ? It's like an epidemic or something.

Psych unit also has access to your overall background history. Any number of past events can trigger a review.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lijames631 View Post
                      Hey guys. Anyone have a good dr. Or lawyer I can use to find out why I got disqualification from psych Thanks guys.

Do you want to find out WHY or do you want to overturn the disqualification??

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Do you want to find out WHY or do you want to overturn the disqualification??
                        Just wanna find out why. Taking some tests down south, Just want to see what they found. I think he has to do with my brother getting arrested 1 week before my psych exam. But wanna be 100 percent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lijames631 View Post
                          Just wanna find out why. Taking some tests down south, Just want to see what they found. I think he has to do with my brother getting arrested 1 week before my psych exam. But wanna be 100 percent.
                          Unfortunately, these records you are seeking are deemed confidential as is your background investigation. The only way you could possibly access these records is to file an appeal with the NYC CSC but I don't know whether the Commission would forward the NYPD psych evaluation directly to you or not. Vista would know more about it.

I don't think your brother being arrested would alter your psych evaluation.
                          Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 07-06-2016, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately, these records you are seeking are deemed confidential as is your background investigation. The only way you could possibly access these records is to file an appeal with the NYC CSC but I don't know whether the Commission would forward the NYPD psych evaluation directly to you or not. Vista would know more about it.

I don't think your brother being arrested would alter your psych evaluation.
                            They never sent me a latter or anything yet. My exam was up the end of May and been on review since 1-17-16. But APD said it looked like based off what it says in the computer that they weren't gonna clear me. I thought it might of been my brother he was locked up for a/r . But he could be anything. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Psych unit also has access to your overall background history. Any number of past events can trigger a review.
                              You would figure before you get to the psych your investigator would tell you your most likely going to be dq'ed based on your backround then.

People make it almost to the end just to be disappointed!
                              Yonkers Police Exam
                              Date: 3/26/2014
                              Score: 90
                              List: Zone 3
                              Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
                              Date: 1/9/2016
                              List: 1XX
                              Orientation: 6/24/16
                              Medical:6/24/16
                              Agility:7/9/16
                              Written Psych:8/2/16
                              Oral Psych:
                              PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
                              Date: 6/8/16

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
                                You would figure before you get to the psych your investigator would tell you your most likely going to be dq'ed based on your backround then.

People make it almost to the end just to be disappointed!

Only ONE out of 12 candidates that pass the written test actually get hired. You chances are much better down South.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7974 users online. 396 members and 7578 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X