Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read the posts. I don't have the energy to rehash it all.
    If you are too lazy to do that little effort, it's no wonder...
    Last edited by CCCSD; 07-10-2016, 07:25 PM.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Finally able to ask my question on here! I've been on review for about 8 months now with no sign of movement. The only thing that I could plausibly see triggering the review is the fact that I didn't finish school in one straight shot. (My background is as squeaky clean as there is) Many many moons ago I decided I needed a break from the scholastic world. I have more than enough credits and easily the minimum GPA. In short, the main reason I didn't go back was because around that same time I found a job. I love what I do. It's career relavant. And I still work there today. I knew this opportunity would eventually come down the pipe and that I had already met the minimum qualifications.

When I was put on review I decided to make use of this incredibly long drawn out wait and go back to school. My hopes being that it would demonstrate growth and comitment to this goal. Either way it doesn't hurt to finish up. I am going to graduate in December.

Does anyone think I should volunteer this information to the psych department? Would it be applicable to the review process or just on appeal? I have kept my investigator informed.

Any thoughts or advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks everybody.

Comment

• Fisherman, I doubt that's the reason you were put on review. Could be something you said, something came out on the written. It's no use in trying to figure out why you 're on psych review. Different psychologists interpret things different ways. Email the psychologist, and ask if there's any update on your case.

Comment

• Hey guys, I have my written pysch on Wednesday. What should I expect? Do I draw the house?

Comment

• Originally posted by JayCeeSplash View Post
            Hey guys, I have my written pysch on Wednesday. What should I expect? Do I draw the house?
            Filling out alot of paperwork...listen carefully..follow instructions..turn cell phones as soon as you enter the building it will save you if you forget...its about 1100 questions..dont overthink..you draw a house, tree and a person
            NYPD EXAM 8132- October 2009
            Score: 96
            List: 1216 Special Military List - July 2012
            APD-5: May 7th 2016 - Completed
            Medical: May 25th 2016 - Completed/Passed
            Written Psychological: June 13th 2016 - Completed/Passed
            Oral Psychological: June 15th 2016 - Completed/Passed
            BI Meet: June 5th 2016 - Approved (July 11th 2016)
            JST: June 11th 2016 - Completed/Passed 3:05
            Mini Med: May 25th 2016 - Completed/Passed
            Hire Notification: July 11th 2016

Comment

• Does anybody have any experience regarding the NYPD and failed polygraphs? Does failing a polygraph DQ you or put you on review?

I haven't failed a polygraph but I'm wary about applying to jobs that have a polygraph because I don't fully trust the accuracy of the polygraph. The last thing I want to do is jeopardize my chances with the NYPD since it's one of the agencies I'm processing for.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP3 View Post
                Does anybody have any experience regarding the NYPD and failed polygraphs? Does failing a polygraph DQ you or put you on review?

I haven't failed a polygraph but I'm wary about applying to jobs that have a polygraph because I don't fully trust the accuracy of the polygraph. The last thing I want to do is jeopardize my chances with the NYPD since it's one of the agencies I'm processing for.

NYPD does NOT
                conduct polygraph exams of their applicants.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                  NYPD does NOT
                  conduct polygraph exams of their applicants.
                  CCO,

I know that they do not, I was wondering if they would review polygraph results from other agencies since they don't conduct them. It seems like an unfavorable polygraph from one agency would get you DQ'd or on review with the NYPD.

Comment

CCO,

I know that they do not, I was wondering if they would review polygraph results from other agencies since they don't conduct them. It seems like an unfavorable polygraph from one agency would get you DQ'd or on review with the NYPD.
                    During my interview with my BI, and Psych they asked if I had ever taken a poly. The psych would definitely want to see the results of the poly if you fail. They may even want it if you pass. The main thing they are looking for is discrepancies (ex you tell one agency that uses the polygraph you have smoked weed before, you tell NYPD you haven't). If you fail one, and no discrepancies pop up you should be alright. Most people who tell the truth on a poly pass but as you said it isn't always the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
                      During my interview with my BI, and Psych they asked if I had ever taken a poly. The psych would definitely want to see the results of the poly if you fail. They may even want it if you pass. The main thing they are looking for is discrepancies (ex you tell one agency that uses the polygraph you have smoked weed before, you tell NYPD you haven't). If you fail one, and no discrepancies pop up you should be alright. Most people who tell the truth on a poly pass but as you said it isn't always the case.
                      Which is why telling the truth is so important.

Comment

CCO,

A friend of mine failed a poly for homeland security and is currently in the Nypd academy. Shouldn't be much of an issue if everything else lines up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I was dq'ed 2x. once for PO and the other for PCT. Yrs later I got hired by DOC. My past is far from perfect or squeaky clean. I'm currently going through the process again for PO. I'm from exam 4300 but kept delaying things to see if I had a shot with fdny. I remember during my psych for DOC they asked about a stressful event and I put the hiring process because I "failed" it 2x. When the ask how I handled it my answer was to keep trying if I failed it again. My point is stay strong stay positive. Hopefully the 4th time is a charm

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
                            I was dq'ed 2x. once for PO and the other for PCT. Yrs later I got hired by DOC. My past is far from perfect or squeaky clean. I'm currently going through the process again for PO. I'm from exam 4300 but kept delaying things to see if I had a shot with fdny. I remember during my psych for DOC they asked about a stressful event and I put the hiring process because I "failed" it 2x. When the ask how I handled it my answer was to keep trying if I failed it again. My point is stay strong stay positive. Hopefully the 4th time is a charm
                            Good luck, but I do have a question. Do you think NYPD will give you a fair oral psych again? or will they just automatically dq you for previously being dqed

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
                              Good luck, but I do have a question. Do you think NYPD will give you a fair oral psych again? or will they just automatically dq you for previously being dqed
                              I have no idea. I'm hoping they do. I honestly think I didn't do a good job explaining myself during my previous oral pyschs. So given a clean slate I know I'd do better

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
                                I have no idea. I'm hoping they do. I honestly think I didn't do a good job explaining myself during my previous oral pyschs. So given a clean slate I know I'd do better
                                Did you get a psych date yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3597 users online. 215 members and 3382 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X