Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mayhemcyclesinc View Post
    Haven't gotten a lawyer yet. Was told I didn't need one because it's a Psych DQ and not a character / history DQ. My outside Psychologist ran me through the same tests the Psych Dept. uses, both oral and written, and found nothing wrong. From what I've seen and read, the NYPD psych doctor who failed me fails almost everyone she interviews.

Thinking about getting a lawyer to help move this process along; shouldn't have to though. It's like the psych dept purposely ignores calls. I know and understand they deal with hundreds of people, but this is ridiculous.

I'm the first person to know that being a pain in the *** gets you nowhere, but come on, five months without submitting my file to the CSC and not picking up the phone or returning a message is completely unprofessional and ridiculous.

Yea I hear you I've never been able to get anyone on the phone from psych services. I'm going absolutely nuts waiting for an answer either pass me or fail Me being on psych review is horrible I doubt there's any chance I'll get the ok. How long were you on review ? I'm going on 6 months I also got a really tough psychologist he steam rolled right over me in both interviews I think he was a supervising psych doc.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
      Yea I hear you I've never been able to get anyone on the phone from psych services. I'm going absolutely nuts waiting for an answer either pass me or fail Me being on psych review is horrible I doubt there's any chance I'll get the ok. How long were you on review ? I'm going on 6 months I also got a really tough psychologist he steam rolled right over me in both interviews I think he was a supervising psych doc.
      It was definitely more than 6 months. They gave me the option to write a hand written letter stating why I disagreed with their (well, the doctor who interviewed me for a half hour) findings, which I gladly did. That, with letters of recommendation, results from my outside psych evaluation and whatever else they asked and they still DQ'd me. A full law enforcement family, no criminal record, no history of drugs and alcohol, and they stuck to their guns. If they tell you to do something, do it. Even if you think they'll fail you.

If I were you, I would look into Mr. Sal Conti in the city. What a great guy; he's a retired police officer and has been doing psych services for a long time now. He's very reasonable price wise, but I chose him because I liked him from the minute I got off the phone with him. I gave him a ring and met with him when I got that proposed DQ letter as a preemptive measure to be prepared for the DQ. I wanted to make sure I was ready to appeal it when it came, and not scurry to have everything done last minute. Good luck to you and anyone else who is going through this. The wait sucks but if you really want it like I do, you'll do what you have to do.

The CSC is relatively quick when dealing with appeals. Was surprised they even sent me a notice that they were/are waiting for the paperwork from the NYPD.
      Last edited by mayhemcyclesinc; 06-27-2016, 02:07 PM.
      NYPD 2311, #4XX

Comment

Haven't gotten a lawyer yet. Was told I didn't need one because it's a Psych DQ and not a character / history DQ. My outside Psychologist ran me through the same tests the Psych Dept. uses, both oral and written, and found nothing wrong. From what I've seen and read, the NYPD psych doctor who failed me fails almost everyone she interviews.

Thinking about getting a lawyer to help move this process along; shouldn't have to though. It's like the psych dept purposely ignores calls. I know and understand they deal with hundreds of people, but this is ridiculous.

I'm the first person to know that being a pain in the *** gets you nowhere, but come on, five months without submitting my file to the CSC and not picking up the phone or returning a message is completely unprofessional and ridiculous.
        What was the name of your dr. I've been on review since 1-17-16. My exam expired 5-30-16. Iam on another exam also. But haven't heard anything yet at all. But what was ur dr. Name seeing if we had the same one.

Comment

• I'm On psych review for NYPD, I want to apply for MTA Police, Do I have any chances or Not ?

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
            I'm On psych review for NYPD, I want to apply for MTA Police, Do I have any chances or Not ?

Sent from my House Phone!!
            You'll miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Even if the odds are against you, go for it, you got nothing to lose. They use a lottery system anyways, so there's no guarantee you'll even get to take the exam.
            Exam #2344

Comment

• Originally posted by StrongSide View Post
              You'll miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Even if the odds are against you, go for it, you got nothing to lose. They use a lottery system anyways, so there's no guarantee you'll even get to take the exam.
              Go for it I'm also on nypd psych review we might get the ok you never know take every test they do their own psych evaluation

Comment

If you don't mind me asking which lawyer did you use I've been on psych review since December 2015 and I'm thinking of using jerold levine

He advocates using Article 78 to try and compel NYPD to act. I have yet to find a case in which a judge ruled in his favor. Ask him to produce a case in which the court RULED and granted injunctive relief to the petitioner.
                Its a waste of money and if you do that you can guarantee a disqualification. You will be 2 plus grand in the hole before you even begin to appeal your DQ.

Ill say it again, as countycorrection will tell yoh- article78 cases in law emforcement application processes are seldom succesful. Period.

id talk to rob kronenberg, free consults and very rarely suggests article78 proceedings.
                Problems with a psych exam?
                Have an upcoming
                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                you make up your mind.
                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

What number do you have?
                  Problems with a psych exam?
                  Have an upcoming
                  PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                  you make up your mind.
                  WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                  http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                    He advocates using Article 78 to try and compel NYPD to act. I have yet to find a case in which a judge ruled in his favor. Ask him to produce a case in which the court RULED and granted injunctive relief to the petitioner.
                    Its a waste of money and if you do that you can guarantee a disqualification. You will be 2 plus grand in the hole before you even begin to appeal your DQ.

Ill say it again, as countycorrection will tell yoh- article78 cases in law emforcement application processes are seldom succesful. Period.

id talk to rob kronenberg, free consults and very rarely suggests article78 proceedings.

True, NYS courts have always taken a "hand-off" approach in hiring of law enforcement personnel since the employment is deemed of that to be of a sensitive nature involving the public trust and confidence.

Comment

• For those of you thinking of using an Article 78 to overturn a DQ, please read the whole article. Article 78 is available online. Go to Laws of New York and click on CVP. Art 78 has only 6 sections and is a quick read. Once you've read it you will see why most 78s fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                        What number do you have?
                        The number my investigator gave me. So what your saying is you can't begin to fight untill you get a proposed dq letter? Even if that takes 18 months for them to send u one? Is there any hope they give you the ok instead of the dq when your on psych review? I've been on review since December 2015 this wait is killing me but my exam (4300) is good till 2018 so I still have time
                        Last edited by shimmy; 07-03-2016, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Would you mind if I ask who your psych was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                            For those of you thinking of using an Article 78 to overturn a DQ, please read the whole article. Article 78 is available online. Go to Laws of New York and click on CVP. Art 78 has only 6 sections and is a quick read. Once you've read it you will see why most 78s fail.
                            The plaintiff in an Article 78 proceeding has to prove the original decision of the municipality was arbitrary and capacious. This is nearly impossible to prove in court. In so far as police hiring is concerned; the courts are MOST reluctant to substitute their judgement for the appointing officer's rationale NOT to hire. There are NO options available on character disqualifications. Even if one does get his/her name reinstated to the list of eligibles--there is NO guarantee that person will be appointed. In fact, The rules of the NYC civil service commission states that when an individual is passed over for appointment TWICE: his name is automatically removed from the list of eligibles.

Comment

The number my investigator gave me. So what your saying is you can't begin to fight untill you get a proposed dq letter? Even if that takes 18 months for them to send u one? Is there any hope they give you the ok instead of the dq when your on psych review? I've been on review since December 2015 this wait is killing me but my exam (4300) is good till 2018 so I still have time
                              Start taking other exams. Look for public service LEO employment out-of-state. Processing time for down South and out West is much simpler and faster than NYPD

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                                Start taking other exams. Look for public service LEO employment out-of-state. Processing time for down South and out West is much simpler and faster than NYPD
                                Yea I know I took almost every le test for nyc I'm not moving down south I have a family and 2 small kids I'm gonna keep trying to get anything for nyc

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8760 users online. 400 members and 8360 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X