Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
    That's crazy so they signed off but your still on review ?

Who is reviewing it if you where basically given the go ahead for hire ?
    My investigator and her bosses signed off on my background fairly quickly. Psych department didn't give me the ok they put me on review

Comment

• Did they request anything from you to clear review or its just sit around and wait for a DQ ?
      Yonkers Police Exam
      Date: 3/26/2014
      Score: 90
      List: Zone 3
      Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
      Date: 1/9/2016
      Score: 9X.X%
      List: 1XX
      Orientation: 6/24/16
      Medical:6/24/16
      Agility:7/9/16
      Written Psych:8/2/16
      Oral Psych:
      PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
      Date: 6/8/16
      Score: 9X.X%

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
        Did they request anything from you to clear review or its just sit around and wait for a DQ ?
        They asked for my high school iep which I got to them on time then they requested a 2nd interview 2 weeks before the janurary class then I was put on review

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
          I remember seeing that story on TV right after I got put on review not gonna lie it stung a little bit But in life it's who you know not what you know
          I pass by the academy every other day going to work on the bus and I see all these new recruits getting on the bus.. Imagine how I must feel like still being on review. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
            I pass by the academy every other day going to work on the bus and I see all these new recruits getting on the bus.. Imagine how I must feel like still being on review. lol
            Yea I'm with you I see them also it sucks. My background investigation was a great experience it went quick. The killer is waiting for psych to make up their mind. I don't see why it can take up to a year and a Half for some people I've been waiting 6 months so far

Comment

Yea I'm with you I see them also it sucks. My background investigation was a great experience it went quick. The killer is waiting for psych to make up their mind. I don't see why it can take up to a year and a Half for some people I've been waiting 6 months so far
              I was at a nypd Aux event and I was asked by some police officers if I took the exam. I told them that i did and that i was on review. They told me not to quit and if they try to DQ me to fight it and to keep calling every other week and ask for a update on my status. I been on review since Oct 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
                I was at a nypd Aux event and I was asked by some police officers if I took the exam. I told them that i did and that i was on review. They told me not to quit and if they try to DQ me to fight it and to keep calling every other week and ask for a update on my status. I been on review since Oct 2015.
                I've been on review since December I think the average wait time is a year and a half as for calling the psych department that's a waste no one picks up and if they do they won't tell you anything and your investigator has nothing to do with the psych part so that's a dead end it's all 1 long waiting game

Comment

• I received the answer I was looking for thanks again
                  Last edited by Max99; 01-31-2018, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max99 View Post
                    Any applicants get DQ from a past job termination. I know the NYPD site states "Discharge from employment, where such discharge indicates poor behavior and/or an inability adjusting to discipline" is grounds for dq. When I was 20 I worked part time as campus security while being a full time student and doing ROTC. I was terminated from the security job due to missing shifts and one verbal compliant from a student, reporting to my boss I yelled at her. Since then I've done 4 years in the military as an Officer and was honorably discharged. This is the only thing in my background I'm worried about. Any information or insight would be greatly appreciated.

NYPD can and will disqualify you based on poor previous employment. And many are disqualified due to that. But go thru the process and see what happens. I think you have a good chance with them.

Your military service is your strong point; and many, if not, most LE employers prefer (former) military personnel over civilians.

Good luck, Max!

Comment

• Thanks I appreciate the feedback

Comment

I've been on review since December I think the average wait time is a year and a half as for calling the psych department that's a waste no one picks up and if they do they won't tell you anything and your investigator has nothing to do with the psych part so that's a dead end it's all 1 long waiting game
                        Calling every week might work in some way. They keep pulling up your name on the computer, they might review your case. It happened to a friend of mine, he kept calling every week for a few months, all of sudden, they told him he was good to go, not on psych review anymore. I'll keep calling APD every week, that only take a few minutes.

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• Police Recruit
                          San Jose Police Department - New York, NY
                          $83,824 a year

NOW HIRING! Police Recruit for June 2017 Academy

On-Site Testing: New York, NY
                          September 30th-October 1st 2016 at John Jay College

The San Jose Police Department is a dynamic, progressive and professional organization dedicated to maintaining community partnerships which promote a high quality of life for the City of San Jose, the tenth largest city in the nation. The Department employs over 800 police officers in four Bureaus, including more than 50 specialized assignments, such as Homicide, Crime Scene, SWAT, K9, Family Violence and Vice/Intelligence.

The Department will be conducting on-site testing in New York for the position of Police Recruit Officer. SJPD will be administering the POST written test (PELLETB). Apply online at www.joinsjpdblue.com to qualify for on-site testing. For questions, please contact the SJPD Recruiting Unit at 408-277-4951.

QUALIFICATIONS :

No experience or training necessary
                          At least 21 years old at time of entering academy / Maximum age is 70 years old
                          U.S. high school diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) diploma
                          Must have completed a total of at least 40 semester units at the time of application or
                          4 years of active service in The United States Armed Forces
                          Must be a citizen of the United States or have applied for citizenship
                          Must possess a valid United States driver’s license
                          Must have at least 20/40 uncorrected vision
                          No felony, domestic violence, misdemeanor assault convictions, or currently on probation or parole
                          BENEFITS (subject to change):

Paid academy training with salary of $34.59 an hour
                          Annual base pay range for Police Officer of $83,824 to $112,248 (7 annual steps)
                          4-day work week, 10-hour shifts
                          Paid vacation and sick time accrual
                          Domestic partnership benefits
                          Overtime and Secondary Employment opportunities

For more job opportunities, career fairs, free training programs/internships visit:
                          NYC Jobs
                          https://www.facebook.com/Nycjobs1/

#Opportunity #employment #jobalert #worknyc #jobshiring #applynow #jobfair #NYCcareers #Ineedajob #NewYorkCity #money #openings #mtajob #jobwanted #worldstarofjobs #hiring #nycjobs #mta #nychiring #sharewithfriends #newjob #resume #jobhunting #networking #jobsearch #tweetmyjobs #hireme #jobposting #jobseeker

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• You don't want to work for SJPD. Go over to the forum and read.
                              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                                You don't want to work for SJPD. Go over to the forum and read.
                                Why not?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5193 users online. 280 members and 4913 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X