Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone signing up for MTA police? Saw a flyer saying the filing period starts July 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
      Anyone signing up for MTA police? Saw a flyer saying the filing period starts July 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Im goign to sign up

Comment

• Originally posted by Madman718 View Post
        I recently received a turned down letter from the PAPD this past week. I'm not sure what it's for. But a decade ago I was trying to apply for NYPD and corrections. I was disqualified for both nypd and later by corrections. I wanted to appeal the disqualifications, however I lacked to funds to do so. I wonder if I was turned down by the PA for medical or for psych reasons. Or being disqualified by the city of NY has to do with anything with me being turned down by the PA?

I have to go to DC to take the DC metro pd exam. I'm not sure if I should especially since I stuck out with nypd, doc and PAPD.
        Why do you think you where dq by both departments ?, it seemed like they where very laid back with the processing years back.
        Yonkers Police Exam
        Date: 3/26/2014
        Score: 90
        List: Zone 3
        Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
        Date: 1/9/2016
        Score: 9X.X%
        List: 1XX
        Orientation: 6/24/16
        Medical:6/24/16
        Agility:7/9/16
        Written Psych:8/2/16
        Oral Psych:
        PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
        Date: 6/8/16

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
          Why do you think you where dq by both departments ?, it seemed like they where very laid back with the processing years back.

Character. I wanted to appeal it but I did not have the economics to do so at that time. So I let time play itself out. I didn't realize how easy it was to get into the nypd years ago. Also corrections disqualified me because nypd did. In matter of fact when I was going through the process in 2008 for corrections the psych doctor told me that basis of hiring you depends on the opinion of nypd. He said it like that.

Comment

I recently received a turned down letter from the PAPD this past week. I'm not sure what it's for. But a decade ago I was trying to apply for NYPD and corrections. I was disqualified for both nypd and later by corrections. I wanted to appeal the disqualifications, however I lacked to funds to do so. I wonder if I was turned down by the PA for medical or for psych reasons. Or being disqualified by the city of NY has to do with anything with me being turned down by the PA?

I have to go to DC to take the DC metro pd exam. I'm not sure if I should especially since I stuck out with nypd, doc and PAPD.

If you made it passed the background phase, to the med/psych phase on Port Authority than your DQ eas notbackgrou d related
            Problems with a psych exam?
            Have an upcoming
            PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
            you make up your mind.
            WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
            http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

Character. I wanted to appeal it but I did not have the economics to do so at that time. So I let time play itself out. I didn't realize how easy it was to get into the nypd years ago. Also corrections disqualified me because nypd did. In matter of fact when I was going through the process in 2008 for corrections the psych doctor told me that basis of hiring you depends on the opinion of nypd. He said it like that.

NYC Corrections streamlined their hiring process to mirror NYPD. So if you were disqualified from NYPD employment for any reason--you will automatically be DQed from City Corrections if you apply to their agency.Also, be advised that character disqualifications are next to impossible to overturn.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

NYC Corrections streamlined their hiring process to mirror NYPD. So if you were disqualified from NYPD employment for any reason--you will automatically be DQed from City Corrections if you apply to their agency.Also, be advised that character disqualifications are next to impossible to overturn.
                I keep reading the investigators are much more laid back during the corrections process but who knows. They need body's and don't have the numbers like the nypd does to choose from.

Take for example the current nypd backlog....
                Last edited by Nyk20z3; 06-23-2016, 11:14 AM.
                Yonkers Police Exam

NYC DOC Exam 6315
                Oral Psych:
                PE:

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
                  I keep reading the investigators are much more laid back during the corrections process but who knows. They need body's and don't have the numbers like the nypd does to choose from.

Take for example the current nypd backlog....

You might be interested in perusing this NYC Dept. of Investigation scolding report on previous NYC Dept. of Corrections hiring practices issued back in January 2015. Since then, the Dept. of Corrections have revamped their hiring practices to reflect that of NYPD. Here's the link to the NYC DOI report and recommendations of which NYCDOC has adopted.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/doi/download...aiu_011515.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                    You might be interested in perusing this NYC Dept. of Investigation scolding report on previous NYC Dept. of Corrections hiring practices issued back in January 2015. Since then, the Dept. of Corrections have revamped their hiring practices to reflect that of NYPD. Here's the link to the NYC DOI report and recommendations of which NYCDOC has adopted.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/doi/download...aiu_011515.pdf
                    Yes i read over that a few days ago. My father was incarcerated but not in NYC so i don't see how they would hold that against me, as there was no association with the nyc doc system. I can understand where they are coming from if an officer had a family member incarcerated in a NYC prison etc, maybe that's a conflict of interest.
                    Yonkers Police Exam

NYC DOC Exam 6315
                    Oral Psych:
                    PE:

Comment

• Who DQ's you for character? Is it the psych Dept or your investigator?
                      "Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it."
                      - Rafiki, from The Lion King

Comment

• Originally posted by StillWaiting141 View Post
                        Who DQ's you for character? Is it the psych Dept or your investigator?
                        Character disqualifications are done by the APD according to established hiring guidelines. Generally along the lines of misconduct either by criminal activity or previous employment. Psych disqualifications deal with mental issues that might prevent you from performing the duties of a NYC police officer.

Comment

• Appealed Psych DQ 1/12/16 with the Civil Service Commission, received letter from CSC about two weeks ago stating that they still have yet to receive any paperwork from the NYPD. Called NYPD Psych Appeals office and the Psych Dept. and left a total of 5 messages. Still no answer. Next step is sending a certified letter telling them to please submit paperwork on my file to CSC. Anyone have this issue happen to them before? Thanks
                          NYPD 2311, #4XX

Comment

• Originally posted by mayhemcyclesinc View Post
                            Appealed Psych DQ 1/12/16 with the Civil Service Commission, received letter from CSC about two weeks ago stating that they still have yet to receive any paperwork from the NYPD. Called NYPD Psych Appeals office and the Psych Dept. and left a total of 5 messages. Still no answer. Next step is sending a certified letter telling them to please submit paperwork on my file to CSC. Anyone have this issue happen to them before? Thanks

If you don't mind me asking which lawyer did you use I've been on psych review since December 2015 and I'm thinking of using jerold levine

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                              If you don't mind me asking which lawyer did you use I've been on psych review since December 2015 and I'm thinking of using jerold levine
                              You can't do anything until you receive your notice of psych disqualification but you're no doubt anticipating that you will be DQed.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                                Haven't gotten a lawyer yet. Was told I didn't need one because it's a Psych DQ and not a character / history DQ. My outside Psychologist ran me through the same tests the Psych Dept. uses, both oral and written, and found nothing wrong. From what I've seen and read, the NYPD psych doctor who failed me fails almost everyone she interviews.

Thinking about getting a lawyer to help move this process along; shouldn't have to though. It's like the psych dept purposely ignores calls. I know and understand they deal with hundreds of people, but this is ridiculous.

I'm the first person to know that being a pain in the *** gets you nowhere, but come on, five months without submitting my file to the CSC and not picking up the phone or returning a message is completely unprofessional and ridiculous.
                                Last edited by mayhemcyclesinc; 06-27-2016, 10:11 AM.
                                NYPD 2311, #4XX

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10235 users online. 476 members and 9759 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X