Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you thinking of using an Article 78 to overturn a DQ, please read the whole article. Article 78 is available online. Go to Laws of New York and click on CVP. Art 78 has only 6 sections and is a quick read. Once you've read it you will see why most 78s fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
      What number do you have?
      The number my investigator gave me. So what your saying is you can't begin to fight untill you get a proposed dq letter? Even if that takes 18 months for them to send u one? Is there any hope they give you the ok instead of the dq when your on psych review? I've been on review since December 2015 this wait is killing me but my exam (4300) is good till 2018 so I still have time
      Last edited by shimmy; 07-03-2016, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayhemcyclesinc View Post
        Haven't gotten a lawyer yet. Was told I didn't need one because it's a Psych DQ and not a character / history DQ. My outside Psychologist ran me through the same tests the Psych Dept. uses, both oral and written, and found nothing wrong. From what I've seen and read, the NYPD psych doctor who failed me fails almost everyone she interviews.

Thinking about getting a lawyer to help move this process along; shouldn't have to though. It's like the psych dept purposely ignores calls. I know and understand they deal with hundreds of people, but this is ridiculous.

I'm the first person to know that being a pain in the *** gets you nowhere, but come on, five months without submitting my file to the CSC and not picking up the phone or returning a message is completely unprofessional and ridiculous.
        Would you mind if I ask who your psych was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
          For those of you thinking of using an Article 78 to overturn a DQ, please read the whole article. Article 78 is available online. Go to Laws of New York and click on CVP. Art 78 has only 6 sections and is a quick read. Once you've read it you will see why most 78s fail.
          The plaintiff in an Article 78 proceeding has to prove the original decision of the municipality was arbitrary and capacious. This is nearly impossible to prove in court. In so far as police hiring is concerned; the courts are MOST reluctant to substitute their judgement for the appointing officer's rationale NOT to hire. There are NO options available on character disqualifications. Even if one does get his/her name reinstated to the list of eligibles--there is NO guarantee that person will be appointed. In fact, The rules of the NYC civil service commission states that when an individual is passed over for appointment TWICE: his name is automatically removed from the list of eligibles.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
            The number my investigator gave me. So what your saying is you can't begin to fight untill you get a proposed dq letter? Even if that takes 18 months for them to send u one? Is there any hope they give you the ok instead of the dq when your on psych review? I've been on review since December 2015 this wait is killing me but my exam (4300) is good till 2018 so I still have time
            Start taking other exams. Look for public service LEO employment out-of-state. Processing time for down South and out West is much simpler and faster than NYPD

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
              Start taking other exams. Look for public service LEO employment out-of-state. Processing time for down South and out West is much simpler and faster than NYPD
              Yea I know I took almost every le test for nyc I'm not moving down south I have a family and 2 small kids I'm gonna keep trying to get anything for nyc

Comment

Yea I know I took almost every le test for nyc I'm not moving down south I have a family and 2 small kids I'm gonna keep trying to get anything for nyc
                Yup, I see what you mean....you're stuck here.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayhemcyclesinc View Post
                  Appealed Psych DQ 1/12/16 with the Civil Service Commission, received letter from CSC about two weeks ago stating that they still have yet to receive any paperwork from the NYPD. Called NYPD Psych Appeals office and the Psych Dept. and left a total of 5 messages. Still no answer. Next step is sending a certified letter telling them to please submit paperwork on my file to CSC. Anyone have this issue happen to them before? Thanks

Leave it alone. Eventually civil service will decide based of your submission alone. You need not do anything, its up to CSC now. Your letter's will go unanswered, as with your call's. They would be taken more seriously if they were from a lawyer.
                  Problems with a psych exam?
                  Have an upcoming
                  PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                  you make up your mind.
                  WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                  http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                    Leave it alone. Eventually civil service will decide based of your submission alone. You need not do anything, its up to CSC now. Your letter's will go unanswered, as with your call's. They would be taken more seriously if they were from a lawyer.
                    yeah i never liked the article 78 when i spoke to jerold levine he mentioned it was an option.. i was hoping for a response from psych department after 6 months like some people but it looks like im going to be waiting over a year.. i am hoping my long history of never getting in trouble (besides moving violations) and supporting a family counts for something. im going to sit and wait g-d knows how much longer and sweat it out and if they wanna dq me ill probably call kronenberg he seems like a good guy not in it for the quick cash but i really hope things work out for me with the nypd.. i missed the final class for the 09 court officers and im incredibly disappointed how things have been going but such is life

Comment

yeah i never liked the article 78 when i spoke to jerold levine he mentioned it was an option.. i was hoping for a response from psych department after 6 months like some people but it looks like im going to be waiting over a year.. i am hoping my long history of never getting in trouble (besides moving violations) and supporting a family counts for something. im going to sit and wait g-d knows how much longer and sweat it out and if they wanna dq me ill probably call kronenberg he seems like a good guy not in it for the quick cash but i really hope things work out for me with the nypd.. i missed the final class for the 09 court officers and im incredibly disappointed how things have been going but such is life
                      MTA pd has an application for the written test open now. Can't hurt to apply

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
                        MTA pd has an application for the written test open now. Can't hurt to apply

Already did that's a lottery like the port authority Very hard job to get interesting thing about the mta pd is its a lottery just to take the test
                        Last edited by shimmy; 07-06-2016, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Already did that's a lottery like the port authority Very hard job to get interesting thing about the mta pd is its a lottery just to take the test
                          MTA police is lottery to take the exam, not sure about further steps from there.

Comment

• What's up with nypd putting so many people on psych review ?

It's just a questioner and an interview, are people being really inconsistent with there answers ? It's like an epidemic or something.
                            Last edited by Nyk20z3; 07-06-2016, 09:07 AM.
                            Yonkers Police Exam
                            Date: 3/26/2014
                            Score: 90
                            List: Zone 3
                            Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
                            Date: 1/9/2016
                            Score: 9X.X%
                            List: 1XX
                            Orientation: 6/24/16
                            Medical:6/24/16
                            Agility:7/9/16
                            Written Psych:8/2/16
                            Oral Psych:
                            PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
                            Date: 6/8/16
                            Score: 9X.X%

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• Hey guys. Anyone have a good dr. Or lawyer I can use to find out why I got disqualification from psych Thanks guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
                                What's up with nypd putting so many people on psych review ?

It's just a questioner and an interview, are people being really inconsistent with there answers ? It's like an epidemic or something.

Psych unit also has access to your overall background history. Any number of past events can trigger a review.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5662 users online. 355 members and 5307 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X