Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
    His best bet is to write to the NYPD Chief of personnel.
    He's just ANOTHER one in a long line of those who screwed up, won't admit it, try and change pentameters, get mad that they won't be hired, blame everyone else when they try to be told how to game the system....
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
      He's just ANOTHER one in a long line of those who screwed up, won't admit it, try and change pentameters, get mad that they won't be hired, blame everyone else when they try to be told how to game the system....
      Reminds me of this individual on the NYFirearms.com forum last year who after his felony DWI conviction had his NYS pistol license revoked And had his handguns confiscated-- he kept on going on and on the thread how the county judge/licensing officer was going to give his pistol license back despite the fact that convicted felons on both federal and state levels are prohibited from purchasing and possessing firearms. Like many posters on his forum; he was seeking advice on how to go about getting the PL reinstated. Yes, he, too, was beating a dead horse. Sometimes you just can't get people to face reality when something beyond their grasp becomes an obsession to obtain.
      Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 06-14-2016, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Reminds me of this individual on the NYFirearms.com forum last year who after his felony DWI conviction had his NYS pistol license revoked And had his handguns confiscated-- he kept on going on and on the thread how the county judge/licensing officer was going to give his pistol license back despite the fact that convicted felons on both federal and state levels are prohibited from purchasing and possessing firearms. Like many posters on his forum; he was seeking advice on how to go about getting the PL reinstated. Yes, he, too, was beating a dead horse. Sometimes you just can't get people to face reality when something beyond their grasp becomes an obsession to obtain.
        In NYS, if they confiscate your guns, are you entitled to reimbursement?

I've never purchased a handgun in NYS but I can imagine the guys who have 15 pistols and they get confiscated after a feeling conviction

Comment

• Originally posted by BP3 View Post
          In NYS, if they confiscate your guns, are you entitled to reimbursement?

I've never purchased a handgun in NYS but I can imagine the guys who have 15 pistols and they get confiscated after a feeling conviction
          No provision for reimbursement. Firearms are generally voucher and stored away by the state police, county sheriff's office or local metro police agency. After one year they can be destroyed.

Comment

• Anyone recently get cleared from Psych review by any chance? Still on review since Oct 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
              Anyone recently get cleared from Psych review by any chance? Still on review since Oct 2015
              I'm still on review from December 2015 no word from anyone yet have u tried reaching out to anyone

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                I'm still on review from December 2015 no word from anyone yet have u tried reaching out to anyone
                Me too. Smh

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

No provision for reimbursement. Firearms are generally voucher and stored away by the state police, county sheriff's office or local metro police agency. After one year they can be destroyed.
                  you must have not read the safe act.... Believe their destroyed after 30 days, cant even sell them to a FFL or another permit holder. They go right in the smelting pot.
                  Problems with a psych exam?
                  Have an upcoming
                  PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                  you make up your mind.
                  WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                  http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
                    Anyone recently get cleared from Psych review by any chance? Still on review since Oct 2015
                    I have said many many time's it is a very, very, very slow process.

Once your placed in the "misfit toy's" pile, your queued up for a supervisory review / outside consultant etc. Huge backlog (yes, my buddy who just got into APD commonly refers to the review list is the misfit toy-box).
                    Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                    you make up your mind.

Comment

Yes, technology and the current "age of data" is a far cry from when I first became involved with radio communications back in 1969 as a young teenager. When I received my first amateur radio license --radios were all tubes and transistors. Integrated circuits didn't come along until the mid-1970s and that made miniaturization of electronic equipment possible due to size and low current consumption. Cellular phones are actually two way duplex UHF transceivers and at that time (late 60s) was thought to be impossible to achieve due to linking of the cellular repeater sites. The internet was non-existent and most folks had to venture to their local library to obtain information. The downside of all this is that most of our electronic devices are made in China, and the quality control of these items is quite poor. As a result, electronics is to "throw it away" when it breaks since it costs more to repair it than what it is worth.

I do remember those old Westinghouse Bell rotary dial telephones. Touchtone Bell telephones weren't available in New York until the late 60's and answering machines were virtually unheard of in the homes. Color television sets became available to the public in the late 1960s. And houses had TV antennas mounted on their roof to receive local TV stations. "Pay TV" was commonly believed that no one would purchase the service if they could get it free from the local stations. Yes, the times and technology sure has changed in the past 50 years!!!
                      technology... My grandmother was a switchboard operator for the phone companies.... Was often chided for not connecting people to the abortion clinic (stubborn off the boat irish catholic).

As far as tech advances- so much we take for granted. My uncle has been a practicing cardiac surgeon for 44 year's... The changes he has seen, it's unfathomable. Went from flying blind doing surgery to reviewing detailed cat scans on an iphone..

As great as these advances have been it has created a culture of people who lack adequate interpersonal / social skill's. I was on the cusp technology- if you were cool you had a pager, at most. I just new to be home by dark or find a payphone to call home....

https://youtu.be/oUOo4oX4xCs
                      Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                        you must have not read the safe act.... Believe their destroyed after 30 days, cant even sell them to a FFL or another permit holder. They go right in the smelting pot.
                        You can't destroy firearms in police custody after 30 days. The guns might be needed as evidence in a criminal proceeding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                          I have said many many time's it is a very, very, very slow process.

Once your placed in the "misfit toy's" pile, your queued up for a supervisory review / outside consultant etc. Huge backlog (yes, my buddy who just got into APD commonly refers to the review list is the misfit toy-box).
                          Yea tell me about it I've been on psych review since my 2nd interview December 2015 I'm really praying I'm only on review for another few months instead of 18 months my whole process I was rushed through and told very positive things by apd this review was a punch in the gut

Comment

• Originally posted by OnrasR View Post
                            You don't need a lawyer. Many will make the points that you do, but there's no need and it's wasted money. What you need is a Dr capable of writing a convincing report.
                            How much did you pay to get the report?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyc6308 View Post
                              How much did you pay to get the report?
                              Theirs often legal arguments that a independant examiner can not make. NYPD's attornies will be making legal arguments as well- my opinion, using an attorney in conjunction to an independant psych is wise.

Were you DQ yet?
                              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• I recently received a turned down letter from the PAPD this past week. I'm not sure what it's for. But a decade ago I was trying to apply for NYPD and corrections. I was disqualified for both nypd and later by corrections. I wanted to appeal the disqualifications, however I lacked to funds to do so. I wonder if I was turned down by the PA for medical or for psych reasons. Or being disqualified by the city of NY has to do with anything with me being turned down by the PA?

I have to go to DC to take the DC metro pd exam. I'm not sure if I should especially since I stuck out with nypd, doc and PAPD.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6768 users online. 359 members and 6409 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X