Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by PuertoRican_COP View Post
    I guess I'm in for a long wait.. Been on review for 6 months now and missed two academy classes. Im wondering should I jump the gun and call an attorney or is there any phone number I can call to reach a Psyc Unit Supervisor?
    Since your a cop in PR, just use your Dept phone and call...
    Now go home and get your shine box!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
      Since your a cop in PR, just use your Dept phone and call...


      CCCSD, Me thinks PR_COP isn't in law enforcement but a NYC resident given all the written civil service exams for various titles he has taken.

      Comment


      • Deleted....
        Last edited by Tammy_jay; 06-14-2016, 09:48 AM.

        Comment


        • Anyone know how to reopen a previously withdrawn Nypd application?


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
            CCCSD, Me thinks PR_COP isn't in law enforcement but a NYC resident given all the written civil service exams for various titles he has taken.
            I'm being cuttingly facetious. It's apparent he's not a cop. It's his moniker that is irritating...
            Now go home and get your shine box!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
              Anyone know how to reopen a previously withdrawn Nypd application?


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



              We, as well as, other seasoned LEOs, have advised you in the right direction regarding your particular set of circumstances. The idiom is "You are beating a dead horse". Review post #2609.
              Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 06-11-2016, 05:35 PM.

              Comment


              • NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

                Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                We, as well as, other seasoned LEOs, have advised you in the right direction regarding your particular set of circumstances. The idiom is "You are beating a dead horse". Review post #2609.
                Good to know, thanks for the input


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by PETE3319; 06-11-2016, 06:14 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                  We, as well as, other seasoned LEOs, have advised you in the right direction regarding your particular set of circumstances. The idiom is "You are beating a dead horse". Review post #2609.
                  Unless that horses name is Pinto. Apparently some horses play possum http://www.kens5.com/news/local/anim...ssum/235996674

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                    Unless that horses name is Pinto. Apparently some horses play possum http://www.kens5.com/news/local/animals/north-texas-horse-prefers-to-play-possum/235996674
                    "Beating a dead horse" is an idiom expression meaning doing something over and over again expecting a different result knowing in reality the outcome will never change. Some people might deem that to be the definition of insanity.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                      "Beating a dead horse" is an idiom expression meaning doing something over and over again expecting a different result knowing in reality the outcome will never change. Some people might deem that to be the definition of insanity.
                      I dont think you got the joke county.....

                      I know what beating a dead horse means....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                        I dont think you got the joke county.....

                        I know what beating a dead horse means....

                        Unfortunately for now; I can see but can't hear the video you posted as my sound speakers are temporarily disconnected from my PC due to extensive home renovations. But my reply was basically directed to PETE3319 who is under the mistaken belief that NYPD will somehow, someday appoint him to a PO position after being requested by them to remove his name off the civil service list of eligibles. This matter has been rehashed many times with him on this forum but he does not yet seem to grasp the stark reality of the situation.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

                          Unfortunately for now; I can see but can't hear the video you posted as my sound speakers are temporarily disconnected from my PC due to extensive home renovations. But my reply was basically directed to PETE3319 who is under the mistaken belief that NYPD will somehow, someday appoint him to a PO position after being requested by them to remove his name off the civil service list of eligibles. This matter has been rehashed many times with him on this forum but he does not yet seem to grasp the stark reality of the situation.
                          I'd love to block you, but unfortunately don't know how. I'm not looking for your opinion. There's plenty of other members on here who can offer another opinion, but you're so insistent on responding to me. I come here for advice and to give advice to anyone who may be in my shoes at some point or whatever the case may be. If I get DQ, I get DQ. I don't need negative bashing and name calling saying I'm beating a dead horse. We're all adults here. You don't give up on something you want, you fight and whatever happens, happens.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • I honestly think it's worth a shot but you're gonna need to have a very good explanation for it. They won't buy the I didn't know the phone was stolen story. As far as reopening email NYPD APD and they'll explain the entire process for it to you.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
                              I'd love to block you, but unfortunately don't know how. I'm not looking for your opinion. There's plenty of other members on here who can offer another opinion, but you're so insistent on responding to me. I come here for advice and to give advice to anyone who may be in my shoes at some point or whatever the case may be. If I get DQ, I get DQ. I don't need negative bashing and name calling saying I'm beating a dead horse. We're all adults here. You don't give up on something you want, you fight and whatever happens, happens.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              You can block my postings by going to my profile page and checking "add to ignore list"
                              in this way you won't read any of my postings and subsequent responses. Why are you looking for opinions from other candidates who are not familiar with the hiring process?? You want some practical advice. Write to the NYPD Chief of Personnel at 1 PP explaining your situation and ask him to extend to you employment consideration for appointment to the position of police officer. No one is bashing you but telling you what lies ahead in your employment prospects with NYPD given your circumstances.


                              BTW, back in February you stated you had an application in for auxiliary police in Nassau County and that you were waiting to hear from the NCPD background investigator. What became of that??
                              Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 06-14-2016, 03:10 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
                                I honestly think it's worth a shot but you're gonna need to have a very good explanation for it. They won't buy the I didn't know the phone was stolen story. As far as reopening email NYPD APD and they'll explain the entire process for it to you.
                                His best bet is to write to the NYPD Chief of personnel.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8971 users online. 422 members and 8549 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X