Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StillWaiting141 View Post
    Okay thank you. Just a question, where do you draw the line between answering and over answering a question? I mean I would assume one has to be crystal clear before hire in order to avoid getting pulled out of the academy for discrepancies or misguided info. Thank you once again.
    Direct and to the point. Answer questions honestly to the best of your ability.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Pays a lot more in salary than NYPD!! Far more applicants than vacancies. Highly selective as well.
      Just got the email from Port authority asking if I was still interested in joining I passed the 2013 exam. Hoping it goes well I'd love to land that job

Comment

• Originally posted by StillWaiting141 View Post
        Okay thank you. Just a question, where do you draw the line between answering and over answering a question? I mean I would assume one has to be crystal clear before hire in order to avoid getting pulled out of the academy for discrepancies or misguided info. Thank you once again.

Answer the question that is asked.

If you do not understand the questions, or do not understand a word- ask for clarification.

I.e., one that commonly jams people up- "have you ever been depressed"... Depressed is not being upset after a break up, after your dog ran away, after your pet turtle died. Depressed is a long term clinical diagnosis. These are things that NYPD does not explain.... Keep **** like that in mind when answering.

honestly, lawenforcementpeptalk.com- those guys can be very very helpful
        Last edited by Vista; 06-07-2016, 05:10 PM.
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
          Been on review since 5/2 after sending in documents(still don't know what they were wanted for), still on review now sigh... The psych department works slow so hopefully they just didn't touch my file yet.
          Do you think that you are the only candidate that they have? There's a dozen psychologists who have to screen for every law enforcement position in NYC, not just police officer. No offense, but they aren't working that slowly if they managed to find more than 3,000 qualified cops in less than a year, the department has to screen 4x as many people as that.

Perhaps you should consider that they are either 1) focusing on meeting deadlines that occur before the police hire -- or 2) focusing on candidates that are actually viable for hire. Blows my mind how people seem to think they are the one and only candidate that the BI or psych has to keep track of. maybe your sense of entitlement comes off when people speak to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
            He shouldn't have been hired in the first place they knew what he was since day 1 why take his pension away he was allowed to get this far
            So it's not 100% his fault. Meanwhile I'm getting the 3rd degree for seatbelt tickets from 2004
            Technology is far different than it was 20 years ago--arrest reports, C-summons, Complaint reports weren't electronic---every single thing goes on record nowadays from your high school disciplinary record to the stupid sh*t applicants posted on Facebook three years ago. It is much easier to dig up someone's past than people realize...once upon a time if someone didn't answer their home telephone you couldn't just track their movement on Twitter. It was that easy to lose track of people. Imagine that.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post
              Do you think that you are the only candidate that they have? There's a dozen psychologists who have to screen for every law enforcement position in NYC, not just police officer. No offense, but they aren't working that slowly if they managed to find more than 3,000 qualified cops in less than a year, the department has to screen 4x as many people as that.

Perhaps you should consider that they are either 1) focusing on meeting deadlines that occur before the police hire -- or 2) focusing on candidates that are actually viable for hire. Blows my mind how people seem to think they are the one and only candidate that the BI or psych has to keep track of. maybe your sense of entitlement comes off when people speak to you.
              My sense of entitlement? Yeah, I don't feel entitled to anything. Unaware that psych has a very large case load to deal with? Probably was. I was perhaps a little too impatient.
              Last edited by nypdhopeful15; 06-07-2016, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Incorrect the psychs in Lefrak City don't screen for every law enforcement position in the city. Only for NYPD and DEP as far as I know.

Comment

Technology is far different than it was 20 years ago--arrest reports, C-summons, Complaint reports weren't electronic---every single thing goes on record nowadays from your high school disciplinary record to the stupid sh*t applicants posted on Facebook three years ago. It is much easier to dig up someone's past than people realize...once upon a time if someone didn't answer their home telephone you couldn't just track their movement on Twitter. It was that easy to lose track of people. Imagine that.

Yes, technology and the current "age of data" is a far cry from when I first became involved with radio communications back in 1969 as a young teenager. When I received my first amateur radio license --radios were all tubes and transistors. Integrated circuits didn't come along until the mid-1970s and that made miniaturization of electronic equipment possible due to size and low current consumption. Cellular phones are actually two way duplex UHF transceivers and at that time (late 60s) was thought to be impossible to achieve due to linking of the cellular repeater sites. The internet was non-existent and most folks had to venture to their local library to obtain information. The downside of all this is that most of our electronic devices are made in China, and the quality control of these items is quite poor. As a result, electronics is to "throw it away" when it breaks since it costs more to repair it than what it is worth.

I do remember those old Westinghouse Bell rotary dial telephones. Touchtone Bell telephones weren't available in New York until the late 60's and answering machines were virtually unheard of in the homes. Color television sets became available to the public in the late 1960s. And houses had TV antennas mounted on their roof to receive local TV stations. "Pay TV" was commonly believed that no one would purchase the service if they could get it free from the local stations. Yes, the times and technology sure has changed in the past 50 years!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
                    My sense of entitlement? Yeah, I don't feel entitled to anything. Unaware that psych has a very large case load to deal with? Probably was. I was perhaps a little too impatient.

Take other tests...NYPD isn't the only game in town.

Comment

Yes, technology and the current "age of data" is a far cry from when I first became involved with radio communications back in 1969 as a young teenager. When I received my first amateur radio license --radios were all tubes and transistors. Integrated circuits didn't come along until the mid-1970s and that made miniaturization of electronic equipment possible due to size and low current consumption. Cellular phones are actually two way duplex UHF transceivers and at that time (late 60s) was thought to be impossible to achieve due to linking of the cellular repeater sites. The internet was non-existent and most folks had to venture to their local library to obtain information. The downside of all this is that most of our electronic devices are made in China, and the quality control of these items is quite poor. As a result, electronics is to "throw it away" when it breaks since it costs more to repair it than what it is worth.

I do remember those old Westinghouse Bell rotary dial telephones. Touchtone Bell telephones weren't available in New York until the late 60's and answering machines were virtually unheard of in the homes. Color television sets became available to the public in the late 1960s. And houses had TV antennas mounted on their roof to receive local TV stations. "Pay TV" was commonly believed that no one would purchase the service if they could get it free from the local stations. Yes, the times and technology sure has changed in the past 50 years!!!
                      Yes, all that technology has changed things . However, it seems to me that they still need some good investigators who have that sixth sense and those that aren't afraid to get out and do some footwork. Pounding the pavement yields some information that wouldn't come out otherwise. Take the example of the officer who stole the DOA's credit card and used it to buy herself an engagement ring. First of all totally immoral. And really stupid. And such an odd thing to do with the proceeds of the crime. Perhaps her record was squeaky clean with all the record checks. Can't help but think that something should have been discovered with a good background check, and psychological interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by USN_applicant View Post
                        Good morning everybody, first time poster here. I was recently DQ'ed from the Denver PD process due to the psych test. I passed the polygraph, and was fairly far along in the hiring process. Will this have a negative or any impact on any future LE applications? I am planning to apply to NYPD whenever the next announcement opens and was wondering if my experience with another department would prevent me from getting hired somewhere else.

Thanks for any perspective you can provide!
                        I don't think it would DQ you, but it could result in a longer investigation. A friend of mine got DQ from polygraph for homeland security and he was still on review for NYPD after his exam was called for the academy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by RETIREE View Post
                          Yes, all that technology has changed things . However, it seems to me that they still need some good investigators who have that sixth sense and those that aren't afraid to get out and do some footwork. Pounding the pavement yields some information that wouldn't come out otherwise. Take the example of the officer who stole the DOA's credit card and used it to buy herself an engagement ring. First of all totally immoral. And really stupid. And such an odd thing to do with the proceeds of the crime. Perhaps her record was squeaky clean with all the record checks. Can't help but think that something should have been discovered with a good background check, and psychological interview.

Retiree, human nature is human nature. Even the most through background investigation will not prevent wrong doing on or off the job. There are individuals out there with checkered, controversial backgrounds that would make good police officers and those with pristine backgrounds that are totally unsuited for the job. Not a perfect system by all means.

Comment

Retiree, human nature is human nature. Even the most through background investigation will not prevent wrong doing on or off the job. There are individuals out there with checkered, controversial backgrounds that would make good police officers and those with pristine backgrounds that are totally unsuited for the job. Not a perfect system by all means.
                            Agree 100%

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• I guess I'm in for a long wait.. Been on review for 6 months now and missed two academy classes. Im wondering should I jump the gun and call an attorney or is there any phone number I can call to reach a Psyc Unit Supervisor?
                              Exams Taken:
                              NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
                              NYPDPC Exam 2214
                              APD5- Complete
                              Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
                              Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
                              Mini Med - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by RETIREE View Post

Also, Please understand these individuals come into situations that civilians will never encounter in their lifetimes.
                                Yes, the temptation is present and as you said her reaction was really stupid and of course, criminal. The four "headless Horsemen" of a law enforcement officer downfall is generally greed, stupidity, drugs or alcohol or a combination, thereof. And young minds will sometimes succumb to that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5703 users online. 251 members and 5452 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X