Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Yes, technology and the current "age of data" is a far cry from when I first became involved with radio communications back in 1969 as a young teenager. When I received my first amateur radio license --radios were all tubes and transistors. Integrated circuits didn't come along until the mid-1970s and that made miniaturization of electronic equipment possible due to size and low current consumption. Cellular phones are actually two way duplex UHF transceivers and at that time (late 60s) was thought to be impossible to achieve due to linking of the cellular repeater sites. The internet was non-existent and most folks had to venture to their local library to obtain information. The downside of all this is that most of our electronic devices are made in China, and the quality control of these items is quite poor. As a result, electronics is to "throw it away" when it breaks since it costs more to repair it than what it is worth.

I do remember those old Westinghouse Bell rotary dial telephones. Touchtone Bell telephones weren't available in New York until the late 60's and answering machines were virtually unheard of in the homes. Color television sets became available to the public in the late 1960s. And houses had TV antennas mounted on their roof to receive local TV stations. "Pay TV" was commonly believed that no one would purchase the service if they could get it free from the local stations. Yes, the times and technology sure has changed in the past 50 years!!!
    technology... My grandmother was a switchboard operator for the phone companies.... Was often chided for not connecting people to the abortion clinic (stubborn off the boat irish catholic).

As far as tech advances- so much we take for granted. My uncle has been a practicing cardiac surgeon for 44 year's... The changes he has seen, it's unfathomable. Went from flying blind doing surgery to reviewing detailed cat scans on an iphone..

As great as these advances have been it has created a culture of people who lack adequate interpersonal / social skill's. I was on the cusp technology- if you were cool you had a pager, at most. I just new to be home by dark or find a payphone to call home....

https://youtu.be/oUOo4oX4xCs
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
      you must have not read the safe act.... Believe their destroyed after 30 days, cant even sell them to a FFL or another permit holder. They go right in the smelting pot.
      You can't destroy firearms in police custody after 30 days. The guns might be needed as evidence in a criminal proceeding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
        I have said many many time's it is a very, very, very slow process.

Once your placed in the "misfit toy's" pile, your queued up for a supervisory review / outside consultant etc. Huge backlog (yes, my buddy who just got into APD commonly refers to the review list is the misfit toy-box).
        Yea tell me about it I've been on psych review since my 2nd interview December 2015 I'm really praying I'm only on review for another few months instead of 18 months my whole process I was rushed through and told very positive things by apd this review was a punch in the gut

Comment

• Originally posted by OnrasR View Post
          You don't need a lawyer. Many will make the points that you do, but there's no need and it's wasted money. What you need is a Dr capable of writing a convincing report.
          How much did you pay to get the report?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyc6308 View Post
            How much did you pay to get the report?
            Theirs often legal arguments that a independant examiner can not make. NYPD's attornies will be making legal arguments as well- my opinion, using an attorney in conjunction to an independant psych is wise.

Were you DQ yet?
            Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
            you make up your mind.

Comment

• I recently received a turned down letter from the PAPD this past week. I'm not sure what it's for. But a decade ago I was trying to apply for NYPD and corrections. I was disqualified for both nypd and later by corrections. I wanted to appeal the disqualifications, however I lacked to funds to do so. I wonder if I was turned down by the PA for medical or for psych reasons. Or being disqualified by the city of NY has to do with anything with me being turned down by the PA?

I have to go to DC to take the DC metro pd exam. I'm not sure if I should especially since I stuck out with nypd, doc and PAPD.

Comment

• Anyone signing up for MTA police? Saw a flyer saying the filing period starts July 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
                  Anyone signing up for MTA police? Saw a flyer saying the filing period starts July 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Im goign to sign up

Comment

• Originally posted by Madman718 View Post
                    I recently received a turned down letter from the PAPD this past week. I'm not sure what it's for. But a decade ago I was trying to apply for NYPD and corrections. I was disqualified for both nypd and later by corrections. I wanted to appeal the disqualifications, however I lacked to funds to do so. I wonder if I was turned down by the PA for medical or for psych reasons. Or being disqualified by the city of NY has to do with anything with me being turned down by the PA?

I have to go to DC to take the DC metro pd exam. I'm not sure if I should especially since I stuck out with nypd, doc and PAPD.
                    Why do you think you where dq by both departments ?, it seemed like they where very laid back with the processing years back.
                    Yonkers Police Exam
                    Date: 3/26/2014
                    Score: 90
                    List: Zone 3
                    Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
                    Date: 1/9/2016
                    Score: 9X.X%
                    List: 1XX
                    Orientation: 6/24/16
                    Medical:6/24/16
                    Agility:7/9/16
                    Written Psych:8/2/16
                    Oral Psych:
                    PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
                    Date: 6/8/16

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
                      Why do you think you where dq by both departments ?, it seemed like they where very laid back with the processing years back.

Character. I wanted to appeal it but I did not have the economics to do so at that time. So I let time play itself out. I didn't realize how easy it was to get into the nypd years ago. Also corrections disqualified me because nypd did. In matter of fact when I was going through the process in 2008 for corrections the psych doctor told me that basis of hiring you depends on the opinion of nypd. He said it like that.

Comment

I recently received a turned down letter from the PAPD this past week. I'm not sure what it's for. But a decade ago I was trying to apply for NYPD and corrections. I was disqualified for both nypd and later by corrections. I wanted to appeal the disqualifications, however I lacked to funds to do so. I wonder if I was turned down by the PA for medical or for psych reasons. Or being disqualified by the city of NY has to do with anything with me being turned down by the PA?

If you made it passed the background phase, to the med/psych phase on Port Authority than your DQ eas notbackgrou d related
                        Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

Character. I wanted to appeal it but I did not have the economics to do so at that time. So I let time play itself out. I didn't realize how easy it was to get into the nypd years ago. Also corrections disqualified me because nypd did. In matter of fact when I was going through the process in 2008 for corrections the psych doctor told me that basis of hiring you depends on the opinion of nypd. He said it like that.

NYC Corrections streamlined their hiring process to mirror NYPD. So if you were disqualified from NYPD employment for any reason--you will automatically be DQed from City Corrections if you apply to their agency.Also, be advised that character disqualifications are next to impossible to overturn.

Comment

NYC Corrections streamlined their hiring process to mirror NYPD. So if you were disqualified from NYPD employment for any reason--you will automatically be DQed from City Corrections if you apply to their agency.Also, be advised that character disqualifications are next to impossible to overturn.
                            I keep reading the investigators are much more laid back during the corrections process but who knows. They need body's and don't have the numbers like the nypd does to choose from.

Take for example the current nypd backlog....
                            Last edited by Nyk20z3; 06-23-2016, 11:14 AM.
                            Yonkers Police Exam

NYC DOC Exam 6315
                            Oral Psych:
                            PE:

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
                              I keep reading the investigators are much more laid back during the corrections process but who knows. They need body's and don't have the numbers like the nypd does to choose from.

Take for example the current nypd backlog....

You might be interested in perusing this NYC Dept. of Investigation scolding report on previous NYC Dept. of Corrections hiring practices issued back in January 2015. Since then, the Dept. of Corrections have revamped their hiring practices to reflect that of NYPD. Here's the link to the NYC DOI report and recommendations of which NYCDOC has adopted.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/doi/download...aiu_011515.pdf

Comment

You might be interested in perusing this NYC Dept. of Investigation scolding report on previous NYC Dept. of Corrections hiring practices issued back in January 2015. Since then, the Dept. of Corrections have revamped their hiring practices to reflect that of NYPD. Here's the link to the NYC DOI report and recommendations of which NYCDOC has adopted.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/doi/download...aiu_011515.pdf
                                Yes i read over that a few days ago. My father was incarcerated but not in NYC so i don't see how they would hold that against me, as there was no association with the nyc doc system. I can understand where they are coming from if an officer had a family member incarcerated in a NYC prison etc, maybe that's a conflict of interest.
                                Yonkers Police Exam

NYC DOC Exam 6315
                                Oral Psych:
                                PE:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7244 users online. 371 members and 6873 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X