Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
    I can imagine how different it used to be but taking his pension away Is kinda harsh the hiring standards back then we're no where as tough as today so they took alot of people they wouldn't today. Still I'm sure they knew who he was when he was hired

It will be difficult to rescind a retirement pension that is already in force. I guess this what was on his mind when he went public with his past pre-employment transgressions.

Comment

• ------------------------------------------------
      Last edited by USN_applicant; 12-12-2016, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Not familiar with Denver's psych process so can't comment on specifics of that. NYPD will probably want the results of the psych, it really depends on the reason for disqualification. Vista put it best though, it makes it easier for them to just rubber stamp another agency's decision. Good luck

Comment

• Quick question, when you take the written psych do they make you fill out medical forms again? Like do they ask you if you had surgeries and or asthma etc again? My cousin from 4320 has his psych next week but during his medical they never put him on review for a ssurgery so he wants to know if psych will ask any questions related to it.
          "Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it."
          - Rafiki, from The Lion King

Comment

• Originally posted by StillWaiting141 View Post
            Quick question, when you take the written psych do they make you fill out medical forms again? Like do they ask you if you had surgeries and or asthma etc again? My cousin from 4320 has his psych next week but during his medical they never put him on review for a ssurgery so he wants to know if psych will ask any questions related to it.
            No during psych you aren't asked any medical questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post

Okay thank you very much !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post

I remember the written psych background packet asking a question about hospitalizations. My shrink also asked the same question during the interview. A surgery isn't a problem though.

Comment

• Originally posted by USN_applicant View Post
                  Good morning everybody, first time poster here. I was recently DQ'ed from the Denver PD process due to the psych test. I passed the polygraph, and was fairly far along in the hiring process. Will this have a negative or any impact on any future LE applications? I am planning to apply to NYPD whenever the next announcement opens and was wondering if my experience with another department would prevent me from getting hired somewhere else.

Thanks for any perspective you can provide!

Most of the small to mid-sized police agencies don't include psych testing or if they do, the MMPI personality inventory questionnaire. Do you have military experience?? That is a plus and a quality that LE employers are looking for.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
                    I remember the written psych background packet asking a question about hospitalizations. My shrink also asked the same question during the interview. A surgery isn't a problem though.
                    Okay thank you I'll let him know just to bring records in case asked.

Comment

• Originally posted by StillWaiting141 View Post
                      Okay thank you I'll let him know just to bring records in case asked.
                      dont volunteer stuff not explicitly asked for.
                      Problems with a psych exam?
                      Have an upcoming
                      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                      you make up your mind.
                      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                        I can imagine how different it used to be but taking his pension away Is kinda harsh the hiring standards back then we're no where as tough as today so they took alot of people they wouldn't today. Still I'm sure they knew who he was when he was hired
                        yeah right, he associates with someone involved in the death of Eddie Byrne... Then brags about it. He more appropriately deserves a long painful battle with cancer.
                        Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                        you make up your mind.

Comment

• Quick question. Being on psych review for NYPD, do you have a chance with MTA police or Port Authority ?

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
                            Quick question. Being on psych review for NYPD, do you have a chance with MTA police or Port Authority ?

Sent from my House Phone!!

Port authority has one of the toughest screening processes of all departments. Your background interview is done at your home by two detectives. Thorough is not the word.
                            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                              Port authority has one of the toughest screening processes of all departments. Your background interview is done at your home by two detectives. Thorough is not the word.

Pays a lot more in salary than NYPD!! Far more applicants than vacancies. Highly selective as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                                dont volunteer stuff not explicitly asked for.
                                Okay thank you. Just a question, where do you draw the line between answering and over answering a question? I mean I would assume one has to be crystal clear before hire in order to avoid getting pulled out of the academy for discrepancies or misguided info. Thank you once again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7066 users online. 341 members and 6725 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X