Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Yes, technology and the current "age of data" is a far cry from when I first became involved with radio communications back in 1969 as a young teenager. When I received my first amateur radio license --radios were all tubes and transistors. Integrated circuits didn't come along until the mid-1970s and that made miniaturization of electronic equipment possible due to size and low current consumption. Cellular phones are actually two way duplex UHF transceivers and at that time (late 60s) was thought to be impossible to achieve due to linking of the cellular repeater sites. The internet was non-existent and most folks had to venture to their local library to obtain information. The downside of all this is that most of our electronic devices are made in China, and the quality control of these items is quite poor. As a result, electronics is to "throw it away" when it breaks since it costs more to repair it than what it is worth.

I do remember those old Westinghouse Bell rotary dial telephones. Touchtone Bell telephones weren't available in New York until the late 60's and answering machines were virtually unheard of in the homes. Color television sets became available to the public in the late 1960s. And houses had TV antennas mounted on their roof to receive local TV stations. "Pay TV" was commonly believed that no one would purchase the service if they could get it free from the local stations. Yes, the times and technology sure has changed in the past 50 years!!!
    Yes, all that technology has changed things . However, it seems to me that they still need some good investigators who have that sixth sense and those that aren't afraid to get out and do some footwork. Pounding the pavement yields some information that wouldn't come out otherwise. Take the example of the officer who stole the DOA's credit card and used it to buy herself an engagement ring. First of all totally immoral. And really stupid. And such an odd thing to do with the proceeds of the crime. Perhaps her record was squeaky clean with all the record checks. Can't help but think that something should have been discovered with a good background check, and psychological interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by USN_applicant View Post
      Good morning everybody, first time poster here. I was recently DQ'ed from the Denver PD process due to the psych test. I passed the polygraph, and was fairly far along in the hiring process. Will this have a negative or any impact on any future LE applications? I am planning to apply to NYPD whenever the next announcement opens and was wondering if my experience with another department would prevent me from getting hired somewhere else.

Thanks for any perspective you can provide!
      I don't think it would DQ you, but it could result in a longer investigation. A friend of mine got DQ from polygraph for homeland security and he was still on review for NYPD after his exam was called for the academy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by RETIREE View Post
        Yes, all that technology has changed things . However, it seems to me that they still need some good investigators who have that sixth sense and those that aren't afraid to get out and do some footwork. Pounding the pavement yields some information that wouldn't come out otherwise. Take the example of the officer who stole the DOA's credit card and used it to buy herself an engagement ring. First of all totally immoral. And really stupid. And such an odd thing to do with the proceeds of the crime. Perhaps her record was squeaky clean with all the record checks. Can't help but think that something should have been discovered with a good background check, and psychological interview.

Retiree, human nature is human nature. Even the most through background investigation will not prevent wrong doing on or off the job. There are individuals out there with checkered, controversial backgrounds that would make good police officers and those with pristine backgrounds that are totally unsuited for the job. Not a perfect system by all means.

Comment

Retiree, human nature is human nature. Even the most through background investigation will not prevent wrong doing on or off the job. There are individuals out there with checkered, controversial backgrounds that would make good police officers and those with pristine backgrounds that are totally unsuited for the job. Not a perfect system by all means.
          Agree 100%

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• I guess I'm in for a long wait.. Been on review for 6 months now and missed two academy classes. Im wondering should I jump the gun and call an attorney or is there any phone number I can call to reach a Psyc Unit Supervisor?
            Exams Taken:
            NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
            NYPDPC Exam 2214
            APD5- Complete
            Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
            Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
            Mini Med - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by RETIREE View Post

Also, Please understand these individuals come into situations that civilians will never encounter in their lifetimes.
              Yes, the temptation is present and as you said her reaction was really stupid and of course, criminal. The four "headless Horsemen" of a law enforcement officer downfall is generally greed, stupidity, drugs or alcohol or a combination, thereof. And young minds will sometimes succumb to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by PuertoRican_COP View Post
                I guess I'm in for a long wait.. Been on review for 6 months now and missed two academy classes. Im wondering should I jump the gun and call an attorney or is there any phone number I can call to reach a Psyc Unit Supervisor?
                Since your a cop in PR, just use your Dept phone and call...
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  Since your a cop in PR, just use your Dept phone and call...

CCCSD, Me thinks PR_COP isn't in law enforcement but a NYC resident given all the written civil service exams for various titles he has taken.

Comment

• Deleted....
                    Last edited by Tammy_jay; 06-14-2016, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• Anyone know how to reopen a previously withdrawn Nypd application?

Comment

CCCSD, Me thinks PR_COP isn't in law enforcement but a NYC resident given all the written civil service exams for various titles he has taken.
                        I'm being cuttingly facetious. It's apparent he's not a cop. It's his moniker that is irritating...
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
                          Anyone know how to reopen a previously withdrawn Nypd application?

We, as well as, other seasoned LEOs, have advised you in the right direction regarding your particular set of circumstances. The idiom is "You are beating a dead horse". Review post #2609.
                          Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 06-11-2016, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                            We, as well as, other seasoned LEOs, have advised you in the right direction regarding your particular set of circumstances. The idiom is "You are beating a dead horse". Review post #2609.
                            Good to know, thanks for the input

Last edited by PETE3319; 06-11-2016, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Unless that horses name is Pinto. Apparently some horses play possum http://www.kens5.com/news/local/anim...ssum/235996674

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                                Unless that horses name is Pinto. Apparently some horses play possum http://www.kens5.com/news/local/animals/north-texas-horse-prefers-to-play-possum/235996674
                                "Beating a dead horse" is an idiom expression meaning doing something over and over again expecting a different result knowing in reality the outcome will never change. Some people might deem that to be the definition of insanity.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6695 users online. 462 members and 6233 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X