Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by StillWaiting141 View Post
    Okay thank you I'll let him know just to bring records in case asked.
    dont volunteer stuff not explicitly asked for.
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


    If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



    Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

    Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

    Comment


    • Originally posted by shimmy View Post
      I can imagine how different it used to be but taking his pension away Is kinda harsh the hiring standards back then we're no where as tough as today so they took alot of people they wouldn't today. Still I'm sure they knew who he was when he was hired
      yeah right, he associates with someone involved in the death of Eddie Byrne... Then brags about it. He more appropriately deserves a long painful battle with cancer.
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


      If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



      Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

      Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

      Comment


      • Quick question. Being on psych review for NYPD, do you have a chance with MTA police or Port Authority ?


        Sent from my House Phone!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
          Quick question. Being on psych review for NYPD, do you have a chance with MTA police or Port Authority ?


          Sent from my House Phone!!

          Port authority has one of the toughest screening processes of all departments. Your background interview is done at your home by two detectives. Thorough is not the word.
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


          If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



          Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

          Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Vista View Post
            Port authority has one of the toughest screening processes of all departments. Your background interview is done at your home by two detectives. Thorough is not the word.

            Pays a lot more in salary than NYPD!! Far more applicants than vacancies. Highly selective as well.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Vista View Post
              dont volunteer stuff not explicitly asked for.
              Okay thank you. Just a question, where do you draw the line between answering and over answering a question? I mean I would assume one has to be crystal clear before hire in order to avoid getting pulled out of the academy for discrepancies or misguided info. Thank you once again.
              "Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it."
              - Rafiki, from The Lion King

              Comment


              • Originally posted by StillWaiting141 View Post
                Okay thank you. Just a question, where do you draw the line between answering and over answering a question? I mean I would assume one has to be crystal clear before hire in order to avoid getting pulled out of the academy for discrepancies or misguided info. Thank you once again.
                Direct and to the point. Answer questions honestly to the best of your ability.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

                  Pays a lot more in salary than NYPD!! Far more applicants than vacancies. Highly selective as well.
                  Just got the email from Port authority asking if I was still interested in joining I passed the 2013 exam. Hoping it goes well I'd love to land that job

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by StillWaiting141 View Post
                    Okay thank you. Just a question, where do you draw the line between answering and over answering a question? I mean I would assume one has to be crystal clear before hire in order to avoid getting pulled out of the academy for discrepancies or misguided info. Thank you once again.

                    Answer the question that is asked.

                    If you do not understand the questions, or do not understand a word- ask for clarification.

                    I.e., one that commonly jams people up- "have you ever been depressed"... Depressed is not being upset after a break up, after your dog ran away, after your pet turtle died. Depressed is a long term clinical diagnosis. These are things that NYPD does not explain.... Keep **** like that in mind when answering.

                    honestly, lawenforcementpeptalk.com- those guys can be very very helpful
                    Last edited by Vista; 06-07-2016, 05:10 PM.
                    Problems with a psych exam?
                    Have an upcoming
                    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                    If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                    you make up your mind.
                    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                    Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                    Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
                      Been on review since 5/2 after sending in documents(still don't know what they were wanted for), still on review now sigh... The psych department works slow so hopefully they just didn't touch my file yet.
                      Do you think that you are the only candidate that they have? There's a dozen psychologists who have to screen for every law enforcement position in NYC, not just police officer. No offense, but they aren't working that slowly if they managed to find more than 3,000 qualified cops in less than a year, the department has to screen 4x as many people as that.

                      Perhaps you should consider that they are either 1) focusing on meeting deadlines that occur before the police hire -- or 2) focusing on candidates that are actually viable for hire. Blows my mind how people seem to think they are the one and only candidate that the BI or psych has to keep track of. maybe your sense of entitlement comes off when people speak to you.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                        He shouldn't have been hired in the first place they knew what he was since day 1 why take his pension away he was allowed to get this far
                        So it's not 100% his fault. Meanwhile I'm getting the 3rd degree for seatbelt tickets from 2004
                        Technology is far different than it was 20 years ago--arrest reports, C-summons, Complaint reports weren't electronic---every single thing goes on record nowadays from your high school disciplinary record to the stupid sh*t applicants posted on Facebook three years ago. It is much easier to dig up someone's past than people realize...once upon a time if someone didn't answer their home telephone you couldn't just track their movement on Twitter. It was that easy to lose track of people. Imagine that.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post
                          Do you think that you are the only candidate that they have? There's a dozen psychologists who have to screen for every law enforcement position in NYC, not just police officer. No offense, but they aren't working that slowly if they managed to find more than 3,000 qualified cops in less than a year, the department has to screen 4x as many people as that.

                          Perhaps you should consider that they are either 1) focusing on meeting deadlines that occur before the police hire -- or 2) focusing on candidates that are actually viable for hire. Blows my mind how people seem to think they are the one and only candidate that the BI or psych has to keep track of. maybe your sense of entitlement comes off when people speak to you.
                          My sense of entitlement? Yeah, I don't feel entitled to anything. Unaware that psych has a very large case load to deal with? Probably was. I was perhaps a little too impatient.
                          Last edited by nypdhopeful15; 06-07-2016, 09:09 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post
                            Do you think that you are the only candidate that they have? There's a dozen psychologists who have to screen for every law enforcement position in NYC, not just police officer. No offense, but they aren't working that slowly if they managed to find more than 3,000 qualified cops in less than a year, the department has to screen 4x as many people as that.

                            Perhaps you should consider that they are either 1) focusing on meeting deadlines that occur before the police hire -- or 2) focusing on candidates that are actually viable for hire. Blows my mind how people seem to think they are the one and only candidate that the BI or psych has to keep track of. maybe your sense of entitlement comes off when people speak to you.
                            Incorrect the psychs in Lefrak City don't screen for every law enforcement position in the city. Only for NYPD and DEP as far as I know.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post
                              Technology is far different than it was 20 years ago--arrest reports, C-summons, Complaint reports weren't electronic---every single thing goes on record nowadays from your high school disciplinary record to the stupid sh*t applicants posted on Facebook three years ago. It is much easier to dig up someone's past than people realize...once upon a time if someone didn't answer their home telephone you couldn't just track their movement on Twitter. It was that easy to lose track of people. Imagine that.

                              Yes, technology and the current "age of data" is a far cry from when I first became involved with radio communications back in 1969 as a young teenager. When I received my first amateur radio license --radios were all tubes and transistors. Integrated circuits didn't come along until the mid-1970s and that made miniaturization of electronic equipment possible due to size and low current consumption. Cellular phones are actually two way duplex UHF transceivers and at that time (late 60s) was thought to be impossible to achieve due to linking of the cellular repeater sites. The internet was non-existent and most folks had to venture to their local library to obtain information. The downside of all this is that most of our electronic devices are made in China, and the quality control of these items is quite poor. As a result, electronics is to "throw it away" when it breaks since it costs more to repair it than what it is worth.

                              I do remember those old Westinghouse Bell rotary dial telephones. Touchtone Bell telephones weren't available in New York until the late 60's and answering machines were virtually unheard of in the homes. Color television sets became available to the public in the late 1960s. And houses had TV antennas mounted on their roof to receive local TV stations. "Pay TV" was commonly believed that no one would purchase the service if they could get it free from the local stations. Yes, the times and technology sure has changed in the past 50 years!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
                                My sense of entitlement? Yeah, I don't feel entitled to anything. Unaware that psych has a very large case load to deal with? Probably was. I was perhaps a little too impatient.

                                Take other tests...NYPD isn't the only game in town.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5499 users online. 363 members and 5136 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X