Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
    Been on review since 5/2 after sending in documents(still don't know what they were wanted for), still on review now sigh... The psych department works slow so hopefully they just didn't touch my file yet.
    I've been on review since December 2015 prepare for at least a year wait and when they do reach out to you it might not be a the answer your looking for

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
      Your lucky I can't even get ahold of my investigator anymore I emailed my psych can't get response back from him either

Who is your investigator? I have also emailed my investigator on multiple occasions and have not received any response. Im wondering if I should contact his superior.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnrasR View Post
        You don't need a lawyer. Many will make the points that you do, but there's no need and it's wasted money. What you need is a Dr capable of writing a convincing report.
        a vast majority of succesful appeals are won at a hearing, not on paper. On civil services own website, they advise using an attorney. NYPD will be represented by an attorney at all times. Also, there are many arguments (both legal, and subjective) that an independant psychologist can not make.

A good Psychological report or not- when your standing in that room and NYPD starts citing case law, procedural law etc- your appeal psychologist cant help you on that.

If you canafford a lawyer, and want to make sure you have the best shot- id say go for it, Rob Kronenberg (lawyer) and Mark Lerner (psych) is your man. If you cant afford a lawyer im sure Dr Lerner would take the case.

As far as Daley, they spoke well of him- i found his attitude and candor to be rushed and kind of arrogant. Also was not a fan that his primary concern was setting an appointment and money, before rushing you off the phone.
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
          a vast majority of succesful appeals are won at a hearing, not on paper. On civil services own website, they advise using an attorney. NYPD will be represented by an attorney at all times. Also, there are many arguments (both legal, and subjective) that an independant psychologist can not make.

A good Psychological report or not- when your standing in that room and NYPD starts citing case law, procedural law etc- your appeal psychologist cant help you on that.

If you canafford a lawyer, and want to make sure you have the best shot- id say go for it, Rob Kronenberg (lawyer) and Mark Lerner (psych) is your man. If you cant afford a lawyer im sure Dr Lerner would take the case.

As far as Daley, they spoke well of him- i found his attitude and candor to be rushed and kind of arrogant. Also was not a fan that his primary concern was setting an appointment and money, before rushing you off the phone.
          They legally cannot appear with legal representation without notifying you ahead of time and allowing you the opportunity to hire legal representation. At that point is when I would obtain a lawyer. That's just me personally, why would I involve an attorney until he is needed?

Luckily mine worked out, I'm surprised because Daley, while he is a nice guy, put very little argument into his report.

In fact when DOC rejected the appeal, I wrote my own report as a cover sheet to his... Since CVC website mentioned any/all documents submitted must be reviewed in full.

Comment

They legally cannot appear with legal representation without notifying you ahead of time and allowing you the opportunity to hire legal representation. At that point is when I would obtain a lawyer. That's just me personally, why would I involve an attorney until he is needed?

Luckily mine worked out, I'm surprised because Daley, while he is a nice guy, put very little argument into his report.

In fact when DOC rejected the appeal, I wrote my own report as a cover sheet to his... Since CVC website mentioned any/all documents submitted must be reviewed in full.
            if you (or a lawyer) include an argument in your appeal to civil service commission that has not been submitted to the agency before their final decision is made / in response to the NOPD, the agency can make a legal motion to exclude it. CSC can not perform a "de novo review" and if they do, NYPD historically has and will seek injunctive relief from
            the NYS Supreme court against the civil service commission (who defends their own decision, but it will cost you more money if you decide to file a cross motion in support of civil services defense of their decision).

Basically, you must put your case on first complete with all legal arguments, evidence of fact, expert opinions from the very outset. You can not add things to your appeal later on. If you do and they factor it in, in your advantage- it can be used against you if the agency chooses to.

Also, Many appeal's involve complex areas of law, like ADA issues, etc. that can not be addressed by a psychologist. CSC's own website advises to use an attorney.

NYPD Always sends all sustained DQ's through corp counsels employment law division, who presents it to Civil Service. The specific attorneys name is Lt Eric Seidel.

Sure, you can save a few bucks up front but it could cost you exponentially later on.

FYI, while procedurally the same- DOC Appeals are much easier to win, since their Psych Services Department tends to be much more liberal than NYPD- and they have a much smaller legal bureau.

glad you got through, but using an attorney at the very outset and putting on your best fight from the start is the way to go.

I was told Daley writes a solid report. Maybe i got him on an off day- we all have them. A appeal psych really cant argue- its supposed to be an Objective report. Lawyers do the arguing.
            Last edited by Vista; 05-20-2016, 10:25 PM.
            Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
            you make up your mind.

Comment

• I actually heard DOC, Fire, PD all outsource their psych to the same external agency.

You're saying that's untrue??

Comment

I actually heard DOC, Fire, PD all outsource their psych to the same external agency.

You're saying that's untrue??
                no. Especially nypd. They outsource nothing. They do have outside consultants who rubber stamp dq's tgat they agree (dr arko)
                Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vic0909 View Post
                  Who is your investigator? I have also emailed my investigator on multiple occasions and have not received any response. Im wondering if I should contact his superior.
                  Officer Harbus she used to be easy to get ahold of I have to update my info and haven't been able to get ahold of her been trying everyday

Comment

Officer Harbus she used to be easy to get ahold of I have to update my info and haven't been able to get ahold of her been trying everyday
                    You can always write her a letter or e-mail.

Comment

• Maybe they are getting sick and tired of answering the same questions every day. Perhaps if people shut up and waited to be contacted, it would help clear the BI process. But I guess it's more important that all you candidates get personal service, as they don't have anything else to do.

Imagine if they could actually DO their work without having to listen to whining voicemails and reading endless emails demanding that they drop all work and attend to YOU...

I would bottom bury ANYONE who pestered me. There are plenty of other qualified candidates to invest my time in.
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                        You can always write her a letter or e-mail.
                        She didn't respond to my email she signed off on my case already I just have to update my info been hard getting ahold of her

Comment

She didn't respond to my email she signed off on my case already I just have to update my info been hard getting ahold of her

That above statement tells me something--she is no longer assigned to your case. If you're on pysch review; there is nothing the applicant investigators can do for you. You just have to wait it out until the psych unit reaches a final determination.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                            Maybe they are getting sick and tired of answering the same questions every day. Perhaps if people shut up and waited to be contacted, it would help clear the BI process. But I guess it's more important that all you candidates get personal service, as they don't have anything else to do.

Imagine if they could actually DO their work without having to listen to whining voicemails and reading endless emails demanding that they drop all work and attend to YOU...

I would bottom bury ANYONE who pestered me. There are plenty of other qualified candidates to invest my time in.

Excellent advice to candidates They (candidates) need to understand that NYPD applicant
                            processing is an extremely long, arduous process
                            and that only 1 out of 12 who passes the written exam will actually make it into the academy. It isn't the end of the world for those not appointed as there are other employment opportunities down South and out West.

Comment

Perhaps she changed desks or even transferred out of APD. Call the main number and ask for her number and if she is still your BI
                              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...=NYDailyNewsTw

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7277 users online. 361 members and 6916 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X