Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by NYPDhopeful20166 View Post
    Okay so I spoke w my investigator and he said it's not review rejection just yet but it's on the way there. Basically my psych doctor reccomended rejection and another doctor is looking over the decision to either agree or disagree with that. Now my investigator said if I do in fact get the DQ letter I should from there hire my own psychologist to evaluate and fight it because he told me I had everything passed on the investigation side and the summons I received was so long ago and non violent that he thinks I could win. Can someone give me some insight as to how that process works? Do I need a lawyer as well? How realistically successful is it? Thanks

    Comment


    • [Private message Vista he can guide youQUOTE=NYPDhopeful20166;3876740]Okay so I spoke w my investigator and he said it's not review rejection just yet but it's on the way there. Basically my psych doctor reccomended rejection and another doctor is looking over the decision to either agree or disagree with that. Now my investigator said if I do in fact get the DQ letter I should from there hire my own psychologist to evaluate and fight it because he told me I had everything passed on the investigation side and the summons I received was so long ago and non violent that he thinks I could win. Can someone give me some insight as to how that process works? Do I need a lawyer as well? How realistically successful is it? Thanks[/QUOTE]

      Comment


      • Just wanted to let you guys know that my psych appeal was successful.

        I used a Dr named Daley. He wrote a report and sent to DOC, and then I was officially DQ (they rejected the appeal)

        The next step was to send it to the CVC appeals dept.

        After exactly 1yr, my investigator called me 2 days ago to let me know my DQ was overturned.

        What happened was when CVC contacted DOC to notify them of the appeal and request my files or whatever, DOC was either too busy to be bothered or maybe didn't feel they'd win, so they (DOC) overturned my DQ.

        I am now just waiting for "the call"

        I wanted to share that because when I began my appeal process I couldn't find ANY success stories and had very little hope.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by OnrasR View Post
          Just wanted to let you guys know that my psych appeal was successful.

          I used a Dr named Daley. He wrote a report and sent to DOC, and then I was officially DQ (they rejected the appeal)

          The next step was to send it to the CVC appeals dept.

          After exactly 1yr, my investigator called me 2 days ago to let me know my DQ was overturned.

          What happened was when CVC contacted DOC to notify them of the appeal and request my files or whatever, DOC was either too busy to be bothered or maybe didn't feel they'd win, so they (DOC) overturned my DQ.

          I am now just waiting for "the call"

          I wanted to share that because when I began my appeal process I couldn't find ANY success stories and had very little hope.
          Did you get all the sign offs you needed to be cleared for hire? I heard stories of people who got their DQs overturned but get held up upon getting the signatures required from the higher ups to be cleared for hire.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by NYPDhopeful20166 View Post
            Okay so I spoke w my investigator and he said it's not review rejection just yet but it's on the way there. Basically my psych doctor reccomended rejection and another doctor is looking over the decision to either agree or disagree with that. Now my investigator said if I do in fact get the DQ letter I should from there hire my own psychologist to evaluate and fight it because he told me I had everything passed on the investigation side and the summons I received was so long ago and non violent that he thinks I could win. Can someone give me some insight as to how that process works? Do I need a lawyer as well? How realistically successful is it? Thanks
            You don't need a lawyer. Many will make the points that you do, but there's no need and it's wasted money. What you need is a Dr capable of writing a convincing report.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
              Did you get all the sign offs you needed to be cleared for hire? I heard stories of people who got their DQs overturned but get held up upon getting the signatures required from the higher ups to be cleared for hire.
              Not sure its gotten that far just yet. My Investigator is updating my file since its a year old, but he has everything because ironically enough i was going thru the process again (i retested) so he is getting all the stuff from my new investigator and completing the old file. Once done i guess he'll send it to get signed off.

              I am guessing the type of situation you speak of would be common for DQ for something other than Psych. They'd see it as we went over their head or something. But Psych is an external contracted agency, hopefully they dont have the same feelings about a psych dq appeal, in fact hopefully they mentally high-five me for sticking it to the agency that constantly shoots down good recruits haha.

              Dunno man, but we shall see. At the very least i now have a successful appeal to show any future agencies i may apply for.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by OnrasR View Post
                Not sure its gotten that far just yet. My Investigator is updating my file since its a year old, but he has everything because ironically enough i was going thru the process again (i retested) so he is getting all the stuff from my new investigator and completing the old file. Once done i guess he'll send it to get signed off.

                I am guessing the type of situation you speak of would be common for DQ for something other than Psych. They'd see it as we went over their head or something. But Psych is an external contracted agency, hopefully they dont have the same feelings about a psych dq appeal, in fact hopefully they mentally high-five me for sticking it to the agency that constantly shoots down good recruits haha.

                Dunno man, but we shall see. At the very least i now have a successful appeal to show any future agencies i may apply for.
                Definitely is a victory on your behalf. Hopefully everything goes smooth and you are a future appointment.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                  Did you get all the sign offs you needed to be cleared for hire? I heard stories of people who got their DQs overturned but get held up upon getting the signatures required from the higher ups to be cleared for hire.

                  As you can determine; NYPD hiring is a multi-layered maze requiring approval from those superiors up the ladder. NYCDOC is quite similar in hiring practices to NYPD.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NYPDhopeful20166 View Post
                    Okay so I spoke w my investigator and he said it's not review rejection just yet but it's on the way there. Basically my psych doctor reccomended rejection and another doctor is looking over the decision to either agree or disagree with that. Now my investigator said if I do in fact get the DQ letter I should from there hire my own psychologist to evaluate and fight it because he told me I had everything passed on the investigation side and the summons I received was so long ago and non violent that he thinks I could win. Can someone give me some insight as to how that process works? Do I need a lawyer as well? How realistically successful is it? Thanks
                    Its case by case. No two people are alike. You should talk to rob kronenberg 631-234-4434
                    Problems with a psych exam?
                    Have an upcoming
                    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                    If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                    you make up your mind.
                    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                    Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                    Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                      Your lucky I can't even get ahold of my investigator anymore I emailed my psych can't get response back from him either
                      Call his Sgt. He may mot be at APD any longer
                      Problems with a psych exam?
                      Have an upcoming
                      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                      If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                      you make up your mind.
                      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                      Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                      Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by OnrasR View Post
                        Just wanted to let you guys know that my psych appeal was successful.

                        I used a Dr named Daley. He wrote a report and sent to DOC, and then I was officially DQ (they rejected the appeal)

                        The next step was to send it to the CVC appeals dept.

                        After exactly 1yr, my investigator called me 2 days ago to let me know my DQ was overturned.

                        What happened was when CVC contacted DOC to notify them of the appeal and request my files or whatever, DOC was either too busy to be bothered or maybe didn't feel they'd win, so they (DOC) overturned my DQ.

                        I am now just waiting for "the call"

                        I wanted to share that because when I began my appeal process I couldn't find ANY success stories and had very little hope.
                        congrats.... However, that's not a good think- probably did you no favor. NYC DOC is in such disarray it's insane. A long time friend, who just retired as a captain from rikers told me they cant find people to take the job- forcing what they hire to be no better than the Inmates... And then you have to worry about a liberal judge and jury awarding the perps asinine settlements becauae you hurt their feelings....

                        Im not bashing you or anyone on that job- just the cold hard truth... Thats the only agency/job, that id decline with no thought.
                        Problems with a psych exam?
                        Have an upcoming
                        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                        If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                        you make up your mind.
                        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                        Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                        Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                        Comment


                        • Been on review since 5/2 after sending in documents(still don't know what they were wanted for), still on review now sigh... The psych department works slow so hopefully they just didn't touch my file yet.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
                            Been on review since 5/2 after sending in documents(still don't know what they were wanted for), still on review now sigh... The psych department works slow so hopefully they just didn't touch my file yet.
                            If NYC Workers worked any slower and less efficiently rigor mortis would set in.
                            Problems with a psych exam?
                            Have an upcoming
                            PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                            If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                            you make up your mind.
                            WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                            Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                            Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                            http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Vista View Post
                              If NYC Workers worked any slower and less efficiently rigor mortis would set in.
                              Yeah haha I plan on waiting till Mid June to check on this again.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Vista View Post
                                congrats.... However, that's not a good think- probably did you no favor. NYC DOC is in such disarray it's insane. A long time friend, who just retired as a captain from rikers told me they cant find people to take the job- forcing what they hire to be no better than the Inmates... And then you have to worry about a liberal judge and jury awarding the perps asinine settlements becauae you hurt their feelings....

                                Im not bashing you or anyone on that job- just the cold hard truth... Thats the only agency/job, that id decline with no thought.
                                They're in terrible shape because every officer is forced to do doubles, and sometimes triples on 3/4 sometimes 4/4

                                No wonder nobody stays lol. But, I want a CS job, I'll get on and hopefully hang in there until something else pops.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4535 users online. 209 members and 4326 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X