Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    Always amazing how it's NEVER the posters fault, always someone else. Thank God they get caught out at Psych, who sees through their bs...
    Meh, I'm not blaming anyone. I don't think my answers to the psych were perfect. I'm curious what I said to make my doctor want to see those records though.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
      Meh, I'm not blaming anyone. I don't think my answers to the psych were perfect. I'm curious what I said to make my doctor want to see those records though.
      Your not supposed to be perfect in fact they tell you at the psych test don't try to make yourself to be perfect. The doctor requested my high school records because I told him I used to see the guidance counselor 2 times a month my last year of school. I've had 2 meetings with the nypd psych so I feel confident that when my case gets reviewed I'll be ok. Only trouble I've gotten into is a few moving violations.

Comment

• Hopeful,

Not referring to you at all.

YOU stepped up.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• So there is an NYPD complaint on file lodged against you and now you state you also have a "few" moving violations on your record. And you wonder why you are on review?

Comment

• I rest my case...
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• I'm going to start looking for departments across the country while this whole thing plays out. By no means giving up but I think especially as a younger candidate I'm better off not putting all my chips in one basket and consider the possibility of relocating. I really want this career path and sometimes it involves sacrifices. Still have one more year of college so I guess I'll just keep working hard at my present employment, keep my nose clean and hopefully find an oppurtunity to take advantage of.

Comment

I'm going to start looking for departments across the country while this whole thing plays out. By no means giving up but I think especially as a younger candidate I'm better off not putting all my chips in one basket and consider the possibility of relocating. I really want this career path and sometimes it involves sacrifices. Still have one more year of college so I guess I'll just keep working hard at my present employment, keep my nose clean and hopefully find an oppurtunity to take advantage of.
                Danbury CT is hiring. Base salary is pretty high too. Only $40 to take the test, give that a shot. I'm taking Suffolk Deputy on June 11th, we'll see how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• No one may actually know this but anytime the psych asks for paperwork does it mean you are ending up o supervisory review?

Comment

• NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
                    No one may actually know this but anytime the psych asks for paperwork does it mean you are ending up o supervisory review?
                    Nope, I was asked for transcripts and employment evaluations and never was put on supervisory review. I ended up on Disco due to an error on the behalf of the supplier of the documents but once it was corrected I was cleared.
                    Last edited by Jay_easy3197; 05-17-2016, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Guess I'll check again in a week or two. Would kind of suck to have gotten those documents with the amount of time they took to get just to end up getting putting on long term review regardless of them.

Comment

Guess I'll check again in a week or two. Would kind of suck to have gotten those documents with the amount of time they took to get just to end up getting putting on long term review regardless of them.
                        I was placed on hold/ review they canceled my mini medical and psych oral for now
                        I have no idea why Im on hold,besides my brother being in trouble all the time.
                        My investigatpr said I have wait.
                        I guess exam expires and Im done
                        Suck to be in a limbo, atleast I have really good job that pays betfer than nypd
                        Funny how I get on hold and I know fresh candidates that hang out with bad crowd and drug dealers in my area,and they were cleared
                        I hope I will atleast get a letter telling me why

Comment

• Hey guys, curious on your input.. I emailed my psych Dr. To see if there was any change of my review status. She was nice enough to email back pretty quickly basically saying she couldn't tell me the decision, but that a "preliminary decision" had been made by her and that it was routine process for the decision to be reviewed by other psychologists at the department. She also said it could take weeks or months for me to find out. Do you think this was an auto response they send to everyone who asks their status or does it sound good or bad for me?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPDhopeful20166 View Post
                            Hey guys, curious on your input.. I emailed my psych Dr. To see if there was any change of my review status. She was nice enough to email back pretty quickly basically saying she couldn't tell me the decision, but that a "preliminary decision" had been made by her and that it was routine process for the decision to be reviewed by other psychologists at the department. She also said it could take weeks or months for me to find out. Do you think this was an auto response they send to everyone who asks their status or does it sound good or bad for me?
                            My best guess is rejection review but I'm not that that informed.

Comment

• Okay so I spoke w my investigator and he said it's not review rejection just yet but it's on the way there. Basically my psych doctor reccomended rejection and another doctor is looking over the decision to either agree or disagree with that. Now my investigator said if I do in fact get the DQ letter I should from there hire my own psychologist to evaluate and fight it because he told me I had everything passed on the investigation side and the summons I received was so long ago and non violent that he thinks I could win. Can someone give me some insight as to how that process works? Do I need a lawyer as well? How realistically successful is it? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPDhopeful20166 View Post
                                Okay so I spoke w my investigator and he said it's not review rejection just yet but it's on the way there. Basically my psych doctor reccomended rejection and another doctor is looking over the decision to either agree or disagree with that. Now my investigator said if I do in fact get the DQ letter I should from there hire my own psychologist to evaluate and fight it because he told me I had everything passed on the investigation side and the summons I received was so long ago and non violent that he thinks I could win. Can someone give me some insight as to how that process works? Do I need a lawyer as well? How realistically successful is it? Thanks

Your lucky I can't even get ahold of my investigator anymore I emailed my psych can't get response back from him either

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8836 users online. 433 members and 8403 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X