Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone think it's a bad idea to ask at the end of interview? I mean, they'll know right away whether or not you failed so why not ask? Just curious on your thoughts.
    13O2 Aug '10
    List: <1000

Comment

• Originally posted by Friday, Joe View Post
      Does anyone think it's a bad idea to ask at the end of interview? I mean, they'll know right away whether or not you failed so why not ask? Just curious on your thoughts.
      They will just say: "Why do you ask? Do you think you failed?"

Remember, you're there to answer questions, not ask them.
      Last edited by FullMetal; 09-19-2012, 07:51 PM. Reason: Typo
      "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
      -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I can see you're point under the theory of "get in, get out." Probably best to keep quiet and move on.
        13O2 Aug '10
        List: <1000

Comment

• is it a bad sign, if the psychologist walks you outside, and makes you sign her name and time the interview finished???

Comment

• I dont think so everyone has to sign in and out......

Comment

• So they are grilling you because of tickets on your license that you have had more than 5 years ago? when was the last time you ever received a ticket or summons?

Originally posted by JOEQUEENSNY View Post
              I agree. and I am not trying to make my case such a different thing...but Ive been driving 14 years...i havent had a single ticket in 5 years for points on my license or anything for that matter...the points I did have in my early-mid 20's didnt involve drinking/ drugs or even speeding.

I do take full responsibility for my mistakes but I feel like going forth from here I should be able to get a law enforcement job. NYS Corrections told me they are only concerned with what is on my abstract now which is good because my abstract is clear... and that is a solid job with a good pension...I did mention to them that I was put on hold in the past for my driving etc and they said dont worry -- just make sure your record stays clean and is clean now.

I understand not getting hired when there were still points on my license but albany doesnt even keep driving records past 36 months...they are PURGED records which means they are THROWN AWAY unless it is drinking related...I think showing improvement and keeping your license clean is more then enough to be hired...but hey maybe Im wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCSFINEST View Post
                So they are grilling you because of tickets on your license that you have had more than 5 years ago? when was the last time you ever received a ticket or summons?
                2007 but i went through the process back in 2009/2010 so there were still points on my license when I went through the process ... for some reason I had a bad stretch of driving from 05-07.

but now my abstract is clear...way past the 36 months ... 5 years, including defensive driving courses completed, and Im 31 which puts me at a lower driving risk. when you read my driving history it says my name the "end of record"

the NYPD was going to let me come back and start over when I tried back in May of 12 but my list expired in July of 12 so I just took a back up exam rather then going through the whole process and get let down bc of my test expiring.

i just processed for the state corrections Tuesday and I told them that I had gotten put on hold for my driving record in the past for NYPD and DOC ...he looked at my driving record that was clean and said "did anyone die?" i said "no" he said "where you drunk" I said "no" he said..."then dont even worry about driving everyone makes mistakes your driving history is spotless on record"
                Last edited by JOEQUEENSNY; 11-07-2012, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• did ur license ever suspended or revoked?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashan646 View Post
                    did ur license ever suspended or revoked?
                    for not paying a ticket on time. but the fine was paid the next day with the extra charges

Comment

• how long after calling investigator, do we get the letter to meet her?

Comment

• thanks brother for answering. clears some things up for me.

Originally posted by JOEQUEENSNY View Post
                        2007 but i went through the process back in 2009/2010 so there were still points on my license when I went through the process ... for some reason I had a bad stretch of driving from 05-07.

but now my abstract is clear...way past the 36 months ... 5 years, including defensive driving courses completed, and Im 31 which puts me at a lower driving risk. when you read my driving history it says my name the "end of record"

the NYPD was going to let me come back and start over when I tried back in May of 12 but my list expired in July of 12 so I just took a back up exam rather then going through the whole process and get let down bc of my test expiring.

NYC Corrections on the other hand is telling me "just take another test" but my exam is good until 2014 ... and when I ask "why if my exam is good until 2014" they pretty much throw me through hoops until I get an answering machine of someone that never calls me back...pretty much not shooting me straight - all I want is to go through the process...not asking to get hired to an academy...decide that after I get processed...I was never DQed passed all the other steps...

i just processed for the state corrections Tuesday and I told them that I had gotten put on hold for my driving record in the past for NYPD and DOC ...he looked at my driving record that was clean and said "did anyone die?" i said "no" he said "where you drunk" I said "no" he said..."then dont even worry about driving everyone makes mistakes your driving history is spotless on record"

Comment

• this has been deleted.
                          Last edited by Heyausername; 09-28-2012, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• hey done anyof you guys have the psyh number
                            EXAM# 0311
                            APD 5; COMPLETED
                            LIST#1XXXX
                            MEDICAL: COMPLETED
                            WRITTEN PHYS:COMPLETED
                            ORAL PHYS? still waiting
                            JST? 3:21
                            BI: (done)
                            MINI MED?Completed

BACK UP NYPD EXAM
                            EXAM 2326
                            LIST#5XX
                            APD5: Not doing it

NYC CORRECTIONAL EXAM 2315
                            LIST#7XX
                            MEDICAL?

NYPD SCHOOL SAFETY AGENT
                            LIST#1XX
                            EXAM 2327

Comment

• Wow is the psych section really this brutal? I feel so awful for my fellow guys stuck here...
                              New York City Police Officer
                              Courtesy Professionalism Respect
                              Police Academy Call: January 6th 2012 10:25am

Comment

• Psychological Exam Info On Monday November 5th at 7PM, there will be a Presentation regarding how to prepare for, and address all aspects of the Psychological Examination Process. It wll be at the Adria Hotel, on 221-17 Northern Blvd in Bayside. The Presentation is given by a Attorney (Retired NYPD Captain) and a Psychologist who both have extensive knowledge in the NYPD Psychological process- as they have successfully handled hundreds of appeals of candidates who have been disqualified psychologically. The cost to Attend is $175.00 if paid in advance- which is a VERY small price to pay, considering if you get jammed up (which is not difficult at all)- Appeals can cost between $4,000 - $8,000. Also take into consideration that a disqualification that is not overturned, will stay with you for life- its better NOT to get Disqualified in the first place.

IF you guys are interested, Check out http://www.lawenforcementpeptalk.com

If anyone goes, let me know and maybe ill take the ride and see you guys there.
                                Problems with a psych exam?
                                Have an upcoming
                                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                                you make up your mind.
                                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7777 users online. 331 members and 7446 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X