Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right or not wrong, I'm certainly not making a judgement but your psych probably looks at it from the view point that either

1)You are lying or

2) You are immature to be associating with people like that

Not judging but I think that's how your psychologist viewed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
      Right or not wrong, I'm certainly not making a judgement but your psych probably looks at it from the view point that either

1)You are lying or

2) You are immature to be associating with people like that

Not judging but I think that's how your psychologist viewed it.
      Yea I know that I told him it was a mutual friend of a friend and for some reason he thought it was funny to make prank calls I acknowledged it was stupid and I was embarrassed explaining it but what can u do there was no proof whatsoever. my investigator told me just judging by my background check since I've never been in trouble that she believed me and not to worry about the complaint I'm not dq'd yet just under review

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
        Yea I know that I told him it was a mutual friend of a friend and for some reason he thought it was funny to make prank calls I acknowledged it was stupid and I was embarrassed explaining it but what can u do there was no proof whatsoever. my investigator told me just judging by my background check since I've never been in trouble that she believed me and not to worry about the complaint I'm not dq'd yet just under review
        They put everyone on review, don't worry much about it, just take other agency exams and wait NYPD psychologist decision.

Comment

• Always amazing how it's NEVER the posters fault, always someone else. Thank God they get caught out at Psych, who sees through their bs...
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            Always amazing how it's NEVER the posters fault, always someone else. Thank God they get caught out at Psych, who sees through their bs...
            What do u know about my background or my process? I'm already cleared by my investigator it's the psych department reviewing my case I've passed every step so far. Once my case gets reviewed I'm sure I'll pass it.i didn't lie to them or my investigator
            Last edited by shimmy; 05-16-2016, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Lin View Post
              They put everyone on review, don't worry much about it, just take other agency exams and wait NYPD psychologist decision.
              I took tbta exam in 2014 and corrections also just got a survey from the port authority from the 2013 exam I passed

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                Always amazing how it's NEVER the posters fault, always someone else. Thank God they get caught out at Psych, who sees through their bs...
                Meh, I'm not blaming anyone. I don't think my answers to the psych were perfect. I'm curious what I said to make my doctor want to see those records though.

Comment

Meh, I'm not blaming anyone. I don't think my answers to the psych were perfect. I'm curious what I said to make my doctor want to see those records though.
                  Your not supposed to be perfect in fact they tell you at the psych test don't try to make yourself to be perfect. The doctor requested my high school records because I told him I used to see the guidance counselor 2 times a month my last year of school. I've had 2 meetings with the nypd psych so I feel confident that when my case gets reviewed I'll be ok. Only trouble I've gotten into is a few moving violations.

Comment

• Hopeful,

Not referring to you at all.

YOU stepped up.

Comment

• So there is an NYPD complaint on file lodged against you and now you state you also have a "few" moving violations on your record. And you wonder why you are on review?

Comment

• I rest my case...

Comment

• I'm going to start looking for departments across the country while this whole thing plays out. By no means giving up but I think especially as a younger candidate I'm better off not putting all my chips in one basket and consider the possibility of relocating. I really want this career path and sometimes it involves sacrifices. Still have one more year of college so I guess I'll just keep working hard at my present employment, keep my nose clean and hopefully find an oppurtunity to take advantage of.

Comment

I'm going to start looking for departments across the country while this whole thing plays out. By no means giving up but I think especially as a younger candidate I'm better off not putting all my chips in one basket and consider the possibility of relocating. I really want this career path and sometimes it involves sacrifices. Still have one more year of college so I guess I'll just keep working hard at my present employment, keep my nose clean and hopefully find an oppurtunity to take advantage of.
                            Danbury CT is hiring. Base salary is pretty high too. Only $40 to take the test, give that a shot. I'm taking Suffolk Deputy on June 11th, we'll see how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• No one may actually know this but anytime the psych asks for paperwork does it mean you are ending up o supervisory review?

Comment

• NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
                                No one may actually know this but anytime the psych asks for paperwork does it mean you are ending up o supervisory review?
                                Nope, I was asked for transcripts and employment evaluations and never was put on supervisory review. I ended up on Disco due to an error on the behalf of the supplier of the documents but once it was corrected I was cleared.
                                Last edited by Jay_easy3197; 05-17-2016, 12:45 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5819 users online. 383 members and 5436 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X