Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the psychologist ask for paper work those that automatically put you on review
    Any answers would be helpful thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by etorres817 View Post
      If the psychologist ask for paper work those that automatically put you on review
      Any answers would be helpful thanks in advance
      I believe it's a pending status. Or at least that's how my psychologist explained it to me.

Comment

• What if the psychologist doesn't ask for any paperwork, is that a bad sign?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish_80 View Post
          I believe it's a pending status. Or at least that's how my psychologist explained it to me.
          Oh ok thanks cause i just wanna know what it can be and i hope it doesnt take long to get cleared im trying to make the next class

Comment

• So guys am I in trouble here?
            Last edited by nypdhopeful15; 06-07-2016, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
              So guys am I in trouble here? I answered yes to getting very excited easily, and sometimes I feel like I'm on top of the world. I'm now thinking the psych can DQ me on grounds of ADHD or some ****. She wants proof from my primary care doctor for mental health treatment, and that there is no record of alcohol/drug abuse. She also wants record from high school that I was in special education. I feel like an idiot because I didn't understand what the questions meant. I'm getting sick to my stomach thinking this is a possible DQ for being an upbeat person.
              No necessarily, I also answered yes to both questions. It's all about how you articulate your answer for it. I was cleared and no mental health documents were requested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                No necessarily, I also answered yes to both questions. It's all about how you articulate your answer for it. I was cleared and no mental health documents were requested.
                I don't think I articulated the best for it or maybe my doctor wanted something for me to get. There's not a record of either but I'm just worried that is going to spun.

Comment

I don't think I articulated the best for it or maybe my doctor wanted something for me to get. There's not a record of either but I'm just worried that is going to spun.
                  At this point, can't really change what occurred during the interview. Just give them what they requested and keep out of trouble. The negative thinking will make the wait daunting. Just keep on with processing and remain/ get in shape. Next thing you know, you could be cleared and would
                  Have driven yourself insane for no reason[emoji38]

Trust me, I went through the same thought process after my oral psych.

Comment

• Hey guys,
                    I emailed my investigator about a month ago upon findind out from canidate relations i was on a investigative hold and have not received a responce. What do you think i should do? Email him again or something else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vic0909 View Post
                      Hey guys,
                      I emailed my investigator about a month ago upon findind out from canidate relations i was on a investigative hold and have not received a responce. What do you think i should do? Email him again or something else?
                      Try giving them a call

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                        Try giving them a call
                        Who should I call? Canidate relations or my investigator.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vic0909 View Post
                          Who should I call? Canidate relations or my investigator.
                          Investigative holds (from what I know) is a hold placed by your APD investigator. Try giving them a call (your investigator) they may be able to tell you something about why you got put on hold. I believe APD can only tell you what holds you have but noting further than that.

Comment

So guys am I in trouble here? I answered yes to getting very excited easily, and sometimes I feel like I'm on top of the world. I'm now thinking the psych can DQ me on grounds of ADHD or some ****. She wants proof from my primary care doctor for mental health treatment, and that there is no record of alcohol/drug abuse. She also wants record from high school that I was in special education. I feel like an idiot because I didn't understand what the questions meant. I'm getting sick to my stomach thinking this is a possible DQ for being an upbeat person.
                            I answered yes to both of them as well. That was one of the first things my psychologist asked me. Like Jay_Easy stated, its all about how you answered the question when asked to explain. I too went crazy thinking I would be DQ, since the psych requested certain documentation, and I was cleared about 2 weeks later.
                            Exam #2344

Comment

• Originally posted by StrongSide View Post
                              I answered yes to both of them as well. That was one of the first things my psychologist asked me. Like Jay_Easy stated, its all about how you answered the question when asked to explain. I too went crazy thinking I would be DQ, since the psych requested certain documentation, and I was cleared about 2 weeks later.
                              Yeah, I can't help but question everything I said after the interview but then again I've heard pass or fail, you won't feel very confident coming out of it. I'm only 20 so even if I'm review, not a huge deal. I had a much younger doctor, pretty sure she only started in September, and got her PHD last year. That was the only real hiccup in the interview. I have a clean record, don't drink, smoke with good great grades, and no discipline issues. I should be alright, I'm just overthinking it.

Comment

Yeah, I can't help but question everything I said after the interview but then again I've heard pass or fail, you won't feel very confident coming out of it. I'm only 20 so even if I'm review, not a huge deal. I had a much younger doctor, pretty sure she only started in September, and got her PHD last year. That was the only real hiccup in the interview. I have a clean record, don't drink, smoke with good great grades, and no discipline issues. I should be alright, I'm just overthinking it.
                                Your not overthinking it , I know someone who has a clean record works for homeland security carries 2 weapon's at work. This person wound up on investigative review for something that happened when he was 13 years old. He was riding an ATV on private property, police were called, no summons , no arrest cops just made a report. This incident came out in background investigation, that's why this person was put on investigative review. Mind you this person went through a strict federal background investigation goes through strict psych testing an oral psych every 3 years. My point is NYPD has alot of applicants so they have to find any excuse to get rid of people from the applicant pool.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4782 users online. 208 members and 4574 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X