Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still on review and APD said due to HIPPA privacy laws you must contact the psych department. I'm guessing that's the standard answer. Rest of my records were sent Monday so now it's a waiting game to see if I'm actually in it for the long haul
    Last edited by nypdhopeful15; 05-12-2016, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys 4312 exam here. I did the whole process between Jan 16 -March 16. Was really hoping for July academy but still on psych review for 2 months now. I am on review for a c-summons I received back in 2011 for fooling around with a girlfriend on the beach. Original charge was indecent exposure but that was dropped at the court down to just a "being on the dunes" charge. Small fine, paid and taken care of. I had the court send over full disposition and docs that were available to my psych Dr as she requested. Realistically is this going to hold me back from getting on the job? It would be crushing if a stupid incident like that ruined my dream of NYPD. Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated!

Comment

• Not really sure, indecent exposure is not a good look for psych but just wait it out, and see. My best guess would be you are on supervisory review which can take awhile but good luck man. I'm on review too, it's not a fun feeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPDhopeful20166 View Post
          Hey guys 4312 exam here. I did the whole process between Jan 16 -March 16. Was really hoping for July academy but still on psych review for 2 months now. I am on review for a c-summons I received back in 2011 for fooling around with a girlfriend on the beach. Original charge was indecent exposure but that was dropped at the court down to just a "being on the dunes" charge. Small fine, paid and taken care of. I had the court send over full disposition and docs that were available to my psych Dr as she requested. Realistically is this going to hold me back from getting on the job? It would be crushing if a stupid incident like that ruined my dream of NYPD. Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated!
          I've been on review since December over a bogus complaint filed against me from 2012 a complaint which was so insignificant the police never told me it was filed. My investigator told me not to worry about it but the psych doctor put me on review after our 2nd meeting... it seems they will put you on review for any little minor thing.. weather you get off or not who knows there is no time line people are on review for years

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
            I've been on review since December over a bogus complaint filed against me from 2012 a complaint which was so insignificant the police never told me it was filed. My investigator told me not to worry about it but the psych doctor (psychologist-they're not doctors) put me on review after our 2nd meeting... it seems they will put you on review for any little minor thing.. whether (correction by CCO) you get off or not who knows there is no time line people are on review for years
            The problem with being on "review" for years is that the list you are on will eventually expire along with your eligibility for appointment.
            Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 05-15-2016, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
              The problem with being on "review" for years is that the list you are on will eventually expire along with your eligibility for appointment.
              Yes I know if I don't hear anything after a year I'm going to go get a lawyer like everyone else

Comment

• How do YOU know it was a "bogus" complaint?
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• CCCSD...........All complaints are bogus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                    CCCSD...........All complaints are bogus.
                    image.jpeg

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                      How do YOU know it was a "bogus" complaint?
                      It sounds crazy but some idiot I used to hang out with was one of those people that liked calling you from blocked numbers 50 times a day he thought it was funny I caught him calling me from his jobs number so I got him in trouble he decided since he was caught to file a police complaint against me saying I was gonna kill him. This was in 2012 the police never told me I has no idea about it untill my background check my investigator knew it was stupid and told me don't worry about it the my interviewing psych on the other hand really grilled me about it and didn't believe a word I said

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                        It sounds crazy but some idiot I used to hang out with was one of those people that liked calling you from blocked numbers 50 times a day he thought it was funny I caught him calling me from his jobs number so I got him in trouble he decided since he was caught to file a police complaint against me saying I was gonna kill him. This was in 2012 the police never told me I has no idea about it untill my background check my investigator knew it was stupid and told me don't worry about it the my interviewing psych on the other hand really grilled me about it and didn't believe a word I said

It's not the worst thing in the world if NYPD doesn't hire you. Lots of opportunities down South and out West.

Comment

• If a complaint was filed, that means some cop ACTUALLY thought it had merit, so it's not "bogus". There's much more to your story since you as you caused someone to lose their job. This shows a lack of maturity, among other things.

Comment

• Very hard to believe that you threatened to kill someone and the NYPD never touched base with you. U

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                              If a complaint was filed, that means some cop ACTUALLY thought it had merit, so it's not "bogus". There's much more to your story since you as you caused someone to lose their job. This shows a lack of maturity, among other things.
                              Wrong my investigator told me the cop made the report because he had to I never threatened
                              Anyone so this guy had no proof. If there was proof the nypd would have reached put to me anyone can go into a police station and file a complaint weather there's proof or not. This was all explained by my investigator she told me she wasn't concerned about the complaint because it was an unfounded complaint there are many different types of complaints u can file
                              I never cause anyone to lose their job where did u get that from?? He shouldn't have been making prank calls from the schools office where he was a substitute teacher I can unscramble blocked numbers that's how I caught him
                              I'm mature I wasn't the one making 50 prank phone calls a day he was a troll that got caught and wanted to stick it to me and this was the only way he could
                              Last edited by shimmy; 05-16-2016, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                                Very hard to believe that you threatened to kill someone and the NYPD never touched base with you. U
                                It's an unfounded complaint I still wouldn't have known about it if I wasn't going through a background check. Anyone idiot can go into a police station and make a complaint against someone weather they have proof or not I'd there was proof the police would have contacted me. This guy had no proof since I never threatened him. My investigator signed off on my case only thing holding me up is the psych

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5699 users online. 382 members and 5317 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X