Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Vic0909 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I emailed my investigator about a month ago upon findind out from canidate relations i was on a investigative hold and have not received a responce. What do you think i should do? Email him again or something else?
    Try giving them a call

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
      Try giving them a call
      Who should I call? Canidate relations or my investigator.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Vic0909 View Post
        Who should I call? Canidate relations or my investigator.
        Investigative holds (from what I know) is a hold placed by your APD investigator. Try giving them a call (your investigator) they may be able to tell you something about why you got put on hold. I believe APD can only tell you what holds you have but noting further than that.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
          So guys am I in trouble here? I answered yes to getting very excited easily, and sometimes I feel like I'm on top of the world. I'm now thinking the psych can DQ me on grounds of ADHD or some ****. She wants proof from my primary care doctor for mental health treatment, and that there is no record of alcohol/drug abuse. She also wants record from high school that I was in special education. I feel like an idiot because I didn't understand what the questions meant. I'm getting sick to my stomach thinking this is a possible DQ for being an upbeat person.
          I answered yes to both of them as well. That was one of the first things my psychologist asked me. Like Jay_Easy stated, its all about how you answered the question when asked to explain. I too went crazy thinking I would be DQ, since the psych requested certain documentation, and I was cleared about 2 weeks later.
          Exam #2344
          __________________________________________________
          Believe

          Comment


          • Originally posted by StrongSide View Post
            I answered yes to both of them as well. That was one of the first things my psychologist asked me. Like Jay_Easy stated, its all about how you answered the question when asked to explain. I too went crazy thinking I would be DQ, since the psych requested certain documentation, and I was cleared about 2 weeks later.
            Yeah, I can't help but question everything I said after the interview but then again I've heard pass or fail, you won't feel very confident coming out of it. I'm only 20 so even if I'm review, not a huge deal. I had a much younger doctor, pretty sure she only started in September, and got her PHD last year. That was the only real hiccup in the interview. I have a clean record, don't drink, smoke with good great grades, and no discipline issues. I should be alright, I'm just overthinking it.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
              Yeah, I can't help but question everything I said after the interview but then again I've heard pass or fail, you won't feel very confident coming out of it. I'm only 20 so even if I'm review, not a huge deal. I had a much younger doctor, pretty sure she only started in September, and got her PHD last year. That was the only real hiccup in the interview. I have a clean record, don't drink, smoke with good great grades, and no discipline issues. I should be alright, I'm just overthinking it.
              Your not overthinking it , I know someone who has a clean record works for homeland security carries 2 weapon's at work. This person wound up on investigative review for something that happened when he was 13 years old. He was riding an ATV on private property, police were called, no summons , no arrest cops just made a report. This incident came out in background investigation, that's why this person was put on investigative review. Mind you this person went through a strict federal background investigation goes through strict psych testing an oral psych every 3 years. My point is NYPD has alot of applicants so they have to find any excuse to get rid of people from the applicant pool.

              Comment


              • I'm cleared on investigation side, it's just the oral part I'm worried about.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
                  I'm cleared on investigation side, it's just the oral part I'm worried about.
                  Your background investigation is not complete until all your processing is complete, then your BI will foward it up the chain of command it must be signed off at three different levels, then your investigation is complete.

                  Comment


                  • Does it matter whether the paperwork is faxed or mailed?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
                      Does it matter whether the paperwork is faxed or mailed?
                      Which paper work exactly?

                      According to psych services, everything other than school transcripts must come "from the source". I don't think they really mind how they receive it (I could be wrong). The only thing you're allowed to submit to them directly is transcripts, those for sure can be faxed over to them.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                        Which paper work exactly?

                        According to psych services, everything other than school transcripts must come "from the source". I don't think they really mind how they receive it (I could be wrong). The only thing you're allowed to submit to them directly is transcripts, those for sure can be faxed over to them.
                        Nah, I had the sources fax them, and still on psych review but she said it can take a few days for her to get them, and read them. I'm still in disbelief that I actually needed to get one of these things but hey just doing their job I guess.

                        Comment


                        • I got a proposed letter of disqualification today from NYC DOC. Can I appeal without a lawyer or do I need a lawyer?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BlairRosa789 View Post
                            I got a proposed letter of disqualification today from NYC DOC. Can I appeal without a lawyer or do I need a lawyer?
                            how long were you on review for until you received the DQ letter?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jsk17 View Post
                              how long were you on review for until you received the DQ letter?
                              I don't even know if I was on review. I had my oral April 23 and then got the letter today

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BlairRosa789 View Post
                                I don't even know if I was on review. I had my oral April 23 and then got the letter today
                                That was quick.....

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7219 users online. 371 members and 6848 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X