Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JMike View Post
    I've been on the job in Philly now for a while. I assume they will take that into consideration? I sent a letter certified to the Chief of Personnel and reached out to my investigators supervisor. I guess we will see.
    Why would you want or even think about coming up this way from Philadelphia?? You are already established there. The cost of housing in NY is ridiculous to say the least. Do you really want to start at the very bottom in seniority?? A good portion of the NYPD officers look to migrate elsewhere. The grass and pasture isn't necessarily greener on the other side from the outside looking in. Look before you leap....still waters run deep and there might not be anyone there to pull you out.

Comment

• Originally posted by JaeTM View Post
      I received my packet to begin the process with NYS Police. However, NYPD gave me the letter asking me to disqualify myself. I found a psychologist and had the NYPD send him my records, but he said it would take about three months. It's only been about a month and a half or so. The NYS Police want me to come down May 7-8. My question is, do they have access and use the NYPD (and I guess other agencies throughout NY) to see what happened with the process there? Since I'm basically in limbo, or on my way to being DQ'ed for NYPD, am I basically screwed for NYS too? I'm going to apply out of state as well but this is the soonest one.
      process for nysp and take it as it comes. Appeal takes longer than three months. Did your records arrive yet?who did you use?

be honest with nysp. Their evaluation is rigorous and would likely favor their own testing over nypds
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Hungry Gorilla View Post
        I think I waited about half year or so. They gave me 30 days to decide whether to appeal or withdraw. When I responded to it, I waited about 3 more month for nypd to send all my psychological records. Now I have 60 days to return my reevaluation.
        Certified mail. Greencard requestef. No lawyer?
        Last edited by Vista; 04-16-2016, 10:18 AM.
        Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMike View Post
          I've been on the job in Philly now for a while. I assume they will take that into consideration? I sent a letter certified to the Chief of Personnel and reached out to my investigators supervisor. I guess we will see.
          Your on review?
          Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
            Your on review?

He's much better off in Philadelphia.

Comment

• What would put you on psych DQ or review other than the obvious and common sense (drawing a guy with a gun, actually admitting you have anger problems, etc.)

Comment

• Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
                What would put you on psych DQ or review other than the obvious and common sense (drawing a guy with a gun, actually admitting you have anger problems, etc.)
                Past anti-social behavior ,record of physical alterations, alcohol/ drug issues, previous treatment for mental illness, low score on the MMPI Personality inventory to name a few.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                  Past anti-social behavior ,record of physical alterations, alcohol/ drug issues, previous treatment for mental illness, low score on the MMPI Personality inventory to name a few.
                  And a host of many other things.
                  Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

He's much better off in Philadelphia.
                    Have heard the state of affairs there is anticop far worse than nypd
                    Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

Have heard the state of affairs there is anticop far worse than nypd
                      It's like that in most populated urban cities...a lot different in rural areas. "Gotta learn" how to "go with the flow" in life.
                      Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 04-17-2016, 12:47 PM.

Comment

It's like that in most populated urban cities...a lot different in rural areas. "Gotta learn" how to "go with the flow" in life.
                        from what i remember the Philly mayor tops even DiBlasio
                        Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

Certified mail. Greencard requestef. No lawyer?
                          Not sure what you mean by certified mail and greencard. I am a US citizen. Didn't hire any lawyer. Do I have to?
                          NYPD
                          Exam: 3311, 3XX, 10/2012
                          APD-5: 10/24/14 (Completed)
                          Medical: 2/20/15 (Done)
                          Psych Written: 3/10/15 (Done)
                          Psych Oral: 3/24/15 (Done)
                          Meet With BI: 4/30/15
                          JST: ?
                          Mini Med: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hungry Gorilla View Post
                            Not sure what you mean by certified mail and greencard. I am a US citizen. Didn't hire any lawyer. Do I have to?
                            Return reciept (green card). Dont have to use a lawyer but your really should.
                            PM me if you want i can givr you a number
                            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Two questions. 1) I passed my oral and written then when I tried to schedule my mini med the scheduling department told me I was on review. I call the psych department last week and was told that I'm on review for something that my investigator sent over them. I think I have an idea on what it is. She asked me during my interview if I was ever a victim of a crime. I told her yes and wrote down what it was. Could that be the issue? 2) When I called psych they told me that I have to be contacted for a second interview. Will they contact me or should I call them and see if I can schedule it? I've been on review for roughly 2-3 months. I'm not exactly sure when I was put on but have an idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Audle1228 View Post
                                Two questions. 1) I passed my oral and written then when I tried to schedule my mini med the scheduling department told me I was on review. I call the psych department last week and was told that I'm on review for something that my investigator sent over them. I think I have an idea on what it is. She asked me during my interview if I was ever a victim of a crime. I told her yes and wrote down what it was. Could that be the issue? 2) When I called psych they told me that I have to be contacted for a second interview. Will they contact me or should I call them and see if I can schedule it? I've been on review for roughly 2-3 months. I'm not exactly sure when I was put on but have an idea.
                                No, being a victim of a crime will not cause you to be put on review.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9360 users online. 439 members and 8921 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X