Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SCPDhopeful9045 View Post
    Yea but if another department you are processing for has you sign a release of records they can then get them from Nypd no? I know for a certain department they ask for your NYPD investigators name and phone.
    Police agencies generally don't like to do the background investigative work for other agencies--they have enough to do on their own.When you sign a release of records--it is NOT in exclusive--but limited to criminal records, credit reports, previous and current employers, schools, and sometimes medical. NYPD background investigative records are sealed if the applicant is not hired. The rejected applicant has no access to them. Sounds like your dealing with Suffolk or Nassau County. From what I am reading on these forums they ( Nassau and Suffolk) appear to more stringent than NYPD in their hiring practices.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
      Police agencies generally don't like to do the background investigative work for other agencies--they have enough to do on their own.When you sign a release of records--it is NOT in exclusive--but limited to criminal records, credit reports, previous and current employers, schools, and sometimes medical. NYPD background investigative records are sealed if the applicant is not hired. The rejected applicant has no access to them. Sounds like your dealing with Suffolk or Nassau County. From what I am reading on these forums they ( Nassau and Suffolk) appear to more stringent than NYPD in their hiring practices.
      I'm still processing with NYPD and am not worried what they share as I have nothing to hide. But that's just what I understood from the whole process.
      SCPD written test: 105
      PAT: Passed
      Bi:Passed
      Medical: Passed
      Written Psych: Passed
      Oral Psych: Passed
      Polygraph: Passed
      Academy:?!?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by SCPDhopeful9045 View Post
        I'm still processing with NYPD and am not worried what they share as I have nothing to hide. But that's just what I understood from the whole process.
        Formal requests go through NYPD Legal Bureau. They may or may not release your records.

Other agencies like Nassau, Suffolk- likely will cooperate even if informally. I do believe my port authority investigator had my nassau booklet in front of him as well as my pistol permit app.
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
          Formal requests go through NYPD Legal Bureau. They may or may not release your records.

Other agencies like Nassau, Suffolk- likely will cooperate even if informally. I do believe my port authority investigator had my nassau booklet in front of him as well as my pistol permit app.

Had your Nassau application in front of him or a photocopy?? The original document never should have left the office.

Comment

• Hey guys, Im new on this thread. Just curious to see what other people have gone through. I have been on psych review for over 3 years now. Just last August they began contacting my old employers, but my investigator has not been in contact with me in over 2 years. Is this normal? I call her phone and it doesn't ever pick up and I can never leave voice mails. I took my initial exam back in 2011! According to someone at NYPD that exam is going to expire in a few weeks. Is this normal? I feel like I can't find anyone to tell me what is going on. Since I applied I got on with another department and have been here a while, but would still like to be NYPD. Anyone have any advice or maybe someone to call? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by JMike View Post
              Hey guys, Im new on this thread. Just curious to see what other people have gone through. I have been on psych review for over 3 years now. Just last August they began contacting my old employers, but my investigator has not been in contact with me in over 2 years. Is this normal? I call her phone and it doesn't ever pick up and I can never leave voice mails. I took my initial exam back in 2011! According to someone at NYPD that exam is going to expire in a few weeks. Is this normal? I feel like I can't find anyone to tell me what is going on. Since I applied I got on with another department and have been here a while, but would still like to be NYPD. Anyone have any advice or maybe someone to call? Thanks!

Yes, it appears that you have been placed on psych "hold" indefinitely. The maximum life of any civil service list is FOUR years. The current list you are on is (or has) expired. During this lapsed period of time; have you bothered to call candidate relations? Obviously, you will have to take the written exam again for employment consideration.

Comment

• I spoke to someone who said my list will expire this summer. I just don't understand how I can go this long and not speak with anyone. My investigator has not returned any emails and like I said I can't even leave a voice mail for her. I didn't even know about candidate relations. Is that worth checking out? What will they tell me? I don't want to go around my investigator then suddenly my file goes to the bottom of the stack (not like it could take any longer than it already has). Thanks for the info

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                  Had your Nassau application in front of him or a photocopy?? The original document never should have left the office.
                  Id imagine a copy lol
                  Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                  you make up your mind.

Comment

• Also, can someone be on hold for that long with no update? They began reaching out to my past employers about 6 months ago, but since then I haven't heard anything. Is this normal?

Comment

I spoke to someone who said my list will expire this summer. I just don't understand how I can go this long and not speak with anyone. My investigator has not returned any emails and like I said I can't even leave a voice mail for her. I didn't even know about candidate relations. Is that worth checking out? What will they tell me? I don't want to go around my investigator then suddenly my file goes to the bottom of the stack (not like it could take any longer than it already has). Thanks for the info
                      deletedpost
                      Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

deletedpost

Write a certified letter inquiring about your status. Address it to the chief of personell. Send to 1PP
                        Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Thank you for the advice. Do you recommend stating all of my interactions with my investigator, which have been minimal? Or just leave it cut and dry asking my status?

Comment

Write a certified letter inquiring about your status. Address it to the chief of personell. Send to 1PP

Excellent advice, Vista!!

Comment

• My investigator reached out to my employers and contacts a week after I gave her the info I'm also on psych review for 4 months how could you be on psych review for 3 years with getting a proposed dq letter that's a crazy long wait

Comment

Thank you for the advice. Do you recommend stating all of my interactions with my investigator, which have been minimal? Or just leave it cut and dry asking my status?
                                Simple letter
                                Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7238 users online. 387 members and 6851 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X