Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
    The psych part has been the worse experience of my life I was so close to getting into the academy.. my background investigation has been cleared by my investigator I've had 2 oral interviews just to be put on review in December 2015 I don't know how much longer I can wait! People keep telling me to try article 78 I'm not 100% sold on that idea I'm hoping I'm not waiting for 2 years like other candidates
    Try other departments.....NYPD isn't the only game in town. You will most definitely lose in an Article 78 proceeding. The court system will NOT substitute its judgement over the agency's discretion.
    Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 04-12-2016, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hungry Gorilla View Post
      My psychologist is a clinical psychologist but she has some experience and knowledge of forensic, also taught at John Jay college. She reviewed my nypd's records, I took a whole new evaluation with her as nypd requested. If I knew about this sooner I'd have hired someone who is familiar with. Unfortunately, I already spent too much money on her, can't afford to hire someone else. I'm just hoping that all my efforts through out the unending process turns up to something.

Good luck with it....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hungry Gorilla View Post
        My psychologist is a clinical psychologist but she has some experience and knowledge of forensic, also taught at John Jay college. She reviewed my nypd's records, I took a whole new evaluation with her as nypd requested. If I knew about this sooner I'd have hired someone who is familiar with. Unfortunately, I already spent too much money on her, can't afford to hire someone else. I'm just hoping that all my efforts through out the unending process turns up to something.

Hey did you get an purposed dq letter?

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
          Try other departments.....NYPD isn't the only game in town. You will most definitely lose in an Article 78 proceeding. The court system will NOT substitute its judgement over the agency's discretion.
          There hasn't been a judgement yet from the nypd I don't think it's fair to wait 14 months for a decesion i know I'll get dqd if I go through with it but I'd hire a lawyer and another psych some people have to have had their purposed dq'd overturned it can't be impossible

Comment

• Psych DQed from NYPD but submitted a withdrawal. New department I'm being processed for asked if I was ever DQed from anywhere.

Do I say yes or no?

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
              There hasn't been a judgement yet from the nypd I don't think it's fair to wait 14 months for a decesion i know I'll get dqd if I go through with it but I'd hire a lawyer and another psych some people have to have had their purposed dq'd overturned it can't be impossible

You are confusing an Article 78 proceeding in state supreme court in contrast to appealing a physiological disqualification with the NYC Civil Service Commission. You really can't proceed to appeal unless you have been actually disqualified and removed from the list of eligibles. Unfortunately, in your case, you believe NYPD is moving "too slow" for you; but the average hiring process time from date of written exam to actual appointment runs about 3 years. Yes, physiological disqualifications can be overturned and your name restored to the list of eligibles but that is no guarantee of getting hired.

Comment

• deleted post

Comment

• Originally posted by Absolit3 View Post
                  Psych DQed from NYPD but submitted a withdrawal. New department I'm being processed for asked if I was ever DQed from anywhere.

Do I say yes or no?
                  You were disqualified from NYPD appointment so you should answer "Yes" to the question. However; keep in mind each and every police agency has its own criteria for hiring. Most of the smaller agencies will overlook minor blemishes with the passage of time and will evaluate you on your overall record of accomplishment.

Comment

• Question: If a candidate's folder is sitting in that big pile of possible DQ in the psych department, and the candidate has decided to pursue another career (unrelated to police work) and has no desire to engage in an appeal process, should he withdraw rather than wait to see final outcome? Leaving it sit there keeps open a possible option if it is eventually qualified. But is it better to withdraw than to have a DQ on record?

Comment

• Originally posted by Absolit3 View Post
                      Psych DQed from NYPD but submitted a withdrawal. New department I'm being processed for asked if I was ever DQed from anywhere.

Do I say yes or no?
                      Were you proposed DQ or DQ? Id write withdrew in lieu of dq
                      Problems with a psych exam?
                      Have an upcoming
                      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                      you make up your mind.
                      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by RETIREE View Post
                        Question: If a candidate's folder is sitting in that big pile of possible DQ in the psych department, and the candidate has decided to pursue another career (unrelated to police work) and has no desire to engage in an appeal process, should he withdraw rather than wait to see final outcome? Leaving it sit there keeps open a possible option if it is eventually qualified. But is it better to withdraw than to have a DQ on record?
                        mehhh, records will always be there.... But if you withdraw with no explanation why or without being compelled- i guesd theirs some level of plausible deniability
                        Problems with a psych exam?
                        Have an upcoming
                        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                        you make up your mind.
                        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

Question: If a candidate's folder is sitting in that big pile of possible DQ in the psych department, and the candidate has decided to pursue another career (unrelated to police work) and has no desire to engage in an appeal process, should he withdraw rather than wait to see final outcome? Leaving it sit there keeps open a possible option if it is eventually qualified. But is it better to withdraw than to have a DQ on record?
                          What you are speaking of with NYPD is sealed records not available to others outside of NYPD. Private Industry and other fields of public service could care less whether NYPD hired the person or not. Being disqualified (NOT HIRED) from NYPD police employment does NOT necessary mean the person is incapable of performing police work but rather the person is not up to their hiring standards. And many of those "not hired" go on to other law enforcement related employment elsewhere. Psychology evaluations are in the eye of the beholder. The majority of police agencies do not rely on them and do NOT employ a staff of psychologists. Background investigations are mainly criminal record and previous employment.

Comment

• Thank you Vista and County for the informative responses. Appreciate it.

Comment

Thank you Vista and County for the informative responses. Appreciate it.

No problem.............You're welcome!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                                What you are speaking of with NYPD is sealed records not available to others outside of NYPD. Private Industry and other fields of public service could care less whether NYPD hired the person or not. Being disqualified (NOT HIRED) from NYPD police employment does NOT necessary mean the person is incapable of performing police work but rather the person is not up to their hiring standards. And many of those "not hired" go on to other law enforcement related employment elsewhere. Psychology evaluations are in the eye of the beholder. The majority of police agencies do not rely on them and do NOT employ a staff of psychologists. Background investigations are mainly criminal record and previous employment.
                                Yea but if another department you are processing for has you sign a release of records they can then get them from Nypd no? I know for a certain department they ask for your NYPD investigators name and phone.
                                SCPD written test: 105
                                PAT: Passed
                                Bi:Passed
                                Medical: Passed
                                Written Psych: Passed
                                Oral Psych: Passed
                                Polygraph: Passed
                                Academy:?!?!?!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11108 users online. 379 members and 10729 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X