Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted didn't read post
    Last edited by A Future Officer; 09-10-2012, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• when you are scheduled for your oral psych do they give you a sheet of paper to change any answers you may have put down wrong on your written? I put that i was never on academic probation which I recently found out I was. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. That question was from the beginning of the written, not the actual true and false.
      Exam #0140 (March 2010)
      List # 1XXX
      APD: COMPLETE
      Medical: PASSED
      JST: PASSED
      Written Psych: DONE
      Oral Psych:PASSED
      BI: DONE
      Mini Med:DONE

Comment

• Originally posted by mcdubn11 View Post
        when you are scheduled for your oral psych do they give you a sheet of paper to change any answers you may have put down wrong on your written? I put that i was never on academic probation which I recently found out I was. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. That question was from the beginning of the written, not the actual true and false.
        there was a question on my written I didnt answer regarding using physical force on others...I didnt answer because it was the very last question on the test on page all by itself and I didnt see it...my Dr grilled me about it a little bit and I just told him honestly that I didnt purposely omit it. and everything was fine.

I never heard of academic probation and I dont know the seriousness of it...but when it comes up just tell them honestly ...I only found out about "xyz" after the fact I took the test and had I known this was the case I would had answered the question differently.

shouldnt be a problem.

remember with all parts of the process they arent looking to fail you they just want honest answers so they can make a determination as to weather you are mentally fit to do the job. Its in normal human nature to make mistakes...sometimes how you handle those mistakes will determine more about you then the mistake itself
        Last edited by JOEQUEENSNY; 09-10-2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JOEQUEENSNY View Post
          if you win an appeal you are cleared in that part of the process for that particular job. you obviously still have to pass the other steps etc. and if you appeal and win for a different agency you still have to take and pass the psych for the NYCDOC.
          From what I know its much easier to get in to Corrections then PD in the DOC they'll overlook somethings that the NYPD would be harsh on... anyways hoping for the best I have a squeaky clean record but that doesn't guarantee anything with the Psych part of the process
          sigpicRookie Correction Officer

Comment

there was a question on my written I didnt answer regarding using physical force on others...I didnt answer because it was the very last question on the test on page all by itself and I didnt see it...my Dr grilled me about it a little bit and I just told him honestly that I didnt purposely omit it. and everything was fine.

I never heard of academic probation and I dont know the seriousness of it...but when it comes up just tell them honestly ...I only found out about "xyz" after the fact I took the test and had I known this was the case I would had answered the question differently.

shouldnt be a problem.

remember with all parts of the process they arent looking to fail you they just want honest answers so they can make a determination as to weather you are mentally fit to do the job. Its in normal human nature to make mistakes...sometimes how you handle those mistakes will determine more about you then the mistake itself
            thanks for the in depth answer bud, i appreciate it.
            Exam #0140 (March 2010)
            List # 1XXX

Comment

shouldnt be a problem.

also if you dont mind me asking here, were you ever put on review? where are you in the process? you can message me if you dont wanna put it on here.
              Exam #0140 (March 2010)
              List # 1XXX

Comment

• Originally posted by Solid Snake12 View Post
                From what I know its much easier to get in to Corrections then PD in the DOC they'll overlook somethings that the NYPD would be harsh on... anyways hoping for the best I have a squeaky clean record but that doesn't guarantee anything with the Psych part of the process
                not necessarily to be quite honest. I felt like the process was pretty much the same...I got held up for a driving record and you dont even drive in Corrections so that not too "lax" lol

they expect the same things in both processes. administrative paper work complete clear and in order. and a paper trail that shows a competent candidate. If something comes up and you lie youll be DQed as quick as NYPD and if something shows disrespect for the law or too many summons' etc. arrests or character flaws...you will be put on review or CNS or even worse DQed...

many people think they are going into an easier process in corrections but they are quite surprised to find out thats really not the case.

Originally posted by mcdubn11 View Post
                also if you dont mind me asking here, were you ever put on review? where are you in the process? you can message me if you dont wanna put it on here.
                its fine man I have no problem telling the forum. I passed all aspects and was put on review (something I didnt even know until about a week ago) for my driving history (thought I was just on a hold). In the process of trying to change that now considering my driving history has been clear for 5 years and I have defensive driving courses completed.

If I were to get the go ahead to reprocess I would have to do everything over even though I passed everything back in 2010.

at this time I have other things going on ...so although I am still going to try and get back in the process If I get Hired somewhere else that might be where I stay...for example NYSDOC
                Last edited by JOEQUEENSNY; 09-11-2012, 02:26 AM.

Comment

not necessarily to be quite honest. I felt like the process was pretty much the same...I got held up for a driving record and you dont even drive in Corrections so that not too "lax" lol

they expect the same things in both processes. administrative paper work complete clear and in order. and a paper trail that shows a competent candidate. If something comes up and you lie youll be DQed as quick as NYPD and if something shows disrespect for the law or too many summons' etc. arrests or character flaws...you will be put on review or CNS or even worse DQed...

many people think they are going into an easier process in corrections but they are quite surprised to find out thats really not the case.
                  Thanks bro I have nothing to hide I have a very very clean record... Just that I behaved bad back in elementary school I hope something so long ago doesn't hold me up... GL to you JOE

Comment

its fine man I have no problem telling the forum. I passed all aspects and was put on review (something I didnt even know until about a week ago) for my driving history (thought I was just on a hold). In the process of trying to change that now considering my driving history has been clear for 5 years and I have defensive driving courses completed.

If I were to get the go ahead to reprocess I would have to do everything over even though I passed everything back in 2010.

at this time I have other things going on ...so although I am still going to try and get back in the process If I get Hired somewhere else that might be where I stay...for example NYSDOC
                    The NYPD, NYCDOC, NYSDOCCS are quite stringent when it comes down to the hiring process with the least Little foible in one's background will either disqualify or CNS. Any type of disqualification is quite difficult to overcome legally as the state courts consistently rule that appointing officers have a broad latitude in selecting LE personnel due to the sensitive nature of the position.

Comment

• does anyone know what nypd retention unit is???

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                        The NYPD, NYCDOC, NYSDOCCS are quite stringent when it comes down to the hiring process with the least Little foible in one's background will either disqualify or CNS. Any type of disqualification is quite difficult to overcome legally as the state courts consistently rule that appointing officers have a broad latitude in selecting LE personnel due to the sensitive nature of the position.
                        I agree. and I am not trying to make my case such a different thing...but Ive been driving 14 years...i havent had a single ticket in 5 years for points on my license or anything for that matter...the points I did have in my early-mid 20's didnt involve drinking/ drugs or even speeding.

I do take full responsibility for my mistakes but I feel like going forth from here I should be able to get a law enforcement job. NYS Corrections told me they are only concerned with what is on my abstract now which is good because my abstract is clear... and that is a solid job with a good pension...I did mention to them that I was put on hold in the past for my driving etc and they said dont worry -- just make sure your record stays clean and is clean now.

I understand not getting hired when there were still points on my license but albany doesnt even keep driving records past 36 months...they are PURGED records which means they are THROWN AWAY unless it is drinking related...I think showing improvement and keeping your license clean is more then enough to be hired...but hey maybe Im wrong.

Comment

• I m in review About to be 7 months .. Just today I receive a mail from. Applicat processing division to get ready for the job standard test ..I took that test and I passed with 3:55 SC its about to be 7 months. do you guys have any idea about it .. Did you guys
                          take job standard test 2nd times? Any help .. Thanks

Comment

• some people take the jst 2,3, even 4 times before they get hire. it expires every 6 months.

Comment

• How did you guys find out if you were DQ'd or on review? My Psych didn't mention it and I didn't ask, but the interview went very well. Do they tell you if you get DQ'd or do you find out in the mail.

Good luck to all of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by LINY View Post
                                How did you guys find out if you were DQ'd or on review? My Psych didn't mention it and I didn't ask, but the interview went very well. Do they tell you if you get DQ'd or do you find out in the mail.

Good luck to all of you.
                                Call your Investigator and asked them if you pass three days after the oral... she will indicate whether or not you passed or was put on review... sometimes you get a second interview sometimes you get a DQ letter...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6277 users online. 204 members and 6073 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X