Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vic0909 View Post
    Yes sir, i have applied to other agencies as well. I just started the white plains PD process. Its just hard because some other agencies require residence.

deleted post

Comment

Yes sir, i have applied to other agencies as well. I just started the white plains PD process. Its just hard because some other agencies require residence.
      What did you score on white plains
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

I found of the same time I called candidate relations about my psychological hold. A detective (not mine) said i was on both. Best thing for me to do is t stay positive.
        Psych review is hard enough usually at least a year long investigative review is rough sorry to hear it try and take the test again just in case it seems they are offering nypd exam alot less them before

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Also, corrections is an honorable profession which you might consider going into . Many a police officer has started in corrections. It is an excellent training ground for what you would expect on the streets as a PO. Police Administrators generally give hiring preference to military and corrections.

I am NOT a "SIR"....I work for a living....Thank you!!

Lol, sorry I just wanted to show respect. I was actually looking as to when I would be able to take a corrections test and what towns are giving the test. Do you know of any?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
            What did you score on white plains
            I only scored a 80 on the test, I know it is not high.

Comment

Lol, sorry I just wanted to show respect. I was actually looking as to when I would be able to take a corrections test and what towns are giving the test. Do you know of any?

Its the state, NYC and the various counties that offer the corrections exam. Generally, the counties hold their exams in April. Lists are typically four years in duration. You can check with the counties' dept of personnel around January to ascertain if they're conducting a CO exam for that year. NYC offers the CO exam periodically.

Comment

I only scored a 80 on the test, I know it is not high.

They do band scoring so its a weird process
                Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                you make up your mind.

Comment

They do band scoring so its a weird process

The reason for band scoring is that appointing officers have more latitude in making appointments.

Band A score 90 to 100%
                  Band B score 80 to 89%
                  Band C score 70 to 79%

With means anyone who passes the written exam within that particular ten point spread can be considered for appointment. For all practical purposes you need to score in the 90s to get hired.

Comment

• Hi guys,
                    I'm appealing psych review, nypd asked me to send back my psych result by my personal psychologist and about to send back to nypd. When they get it and if they reconsider to process, will they put me off 'on review' or will they call me back to have another written/oral test? If one of you guys had to appeal, how long did wait for an answer?
                    NYPD
                    Exam: 3311, 3XX, 10/2012
                    APD-5: 10/24/14 (Completed)
                    Medical: 2/20/15 (Done)
                    Psych Written: 3/10/15 (Done)
                    Psych Oral: 3/24/15 (Done)
                    Meet With BI: 4/30/15
                    JST: ?
                    Mini Med: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hungry Gorilla View Post
                      Hi guys,
                      I'm appealing psych review, nypd asked me to send back my psych result by my personal psychologist and about to send back to nypd. When they get it and if they reconsider to process, will they put me off 'on review' or will they call me back to have another written/oral test? If one of you guys had to appeal, how long did wait for an answer?
                      I would ask Vista. He was more than helpful on that topic.

Comment

Hi guys,
                        Who did your appeal report? Was it a forensic psychologist? Did they review NYPD's records? You may remain on review, while they "review" your file. At some time, they may call you back for another Interview, may mark you qualified or continue to disqualify you. If they disqualify you, it then gets forwarded to the NYC Civil Service Commision who may call you in for a hearing, mark you qualified or disqualified.

It's not a simple process- thats why you should hire people who are familiar with it. Your local Psychologist has likely never handled an Appeal like this. While they can likely write a report, it's important that they have extensive knowledge of forensic psychology as it applies to law enforcement employment. Even more specificly, being familiar with NYPD Psych Services practices is even more helpful. It's also extremely prudent to be represented by an attorney- this is even explicitly reccomended by civil service commision on their website.
                        Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

Hi guys,

Vista can answer that question for you. But I don't believe a psychological appeal process can take place until after you are deemed disqualified by the psych unit and notified by NYPD. Maybe NYPD changed the rules on psych appeals allowing them to kept "in-house" rather then going to the NYC CSC. Again, patience is a virtue for NYPD applicants.The hiring process is a very long, arduous one.

Comment

Who did your appeal report? Was it a forensic psychologist? Did they review NYPD's records? You may remain on review, while they "review" your file. At some time, they may call you back for another Interview, may mark you qualified or continue to disqualify you. If they disqualify you, it then gets forwarded to the NYC Civil Service Commision who may call you in for a hearing, mark you qualified or disqualified.

It's not a simple process- thats why you should hire people who are familiar with it. Your local Psychologist has likely never handled an Appeal like this. While they can likely write a report, it's important that they have extensive knowledge of forensic psychology as it applies to law enforcement employment. Even more specificly, being familiar with NYPD Psych Services practices is even more helpful. It's also extremely prudent to be represented by an attorney- this is even explicitly reccomended by civil service commision on their website.

Psychology is an art...not an exact science--CCO

Comment

• The psych part has been the worse experience of my life I was so close to getting into the academy.. my background investigation has been cleared by my investigator I've had 2 oral interviews just to be put on review in December 2015 I don't know how much longer I can wait! People keep telling me to try article 78 I'm not 100% sold on that idea I'm hoping I'm not waiting for 2 years like other candidates

Comment

My psychologist is a clinical psychologist but she has some experience and knowledge of forensic, also taught at John Jay college. She reviewed my nypd's records, I took a whole new evaluation with her as nypd requested. If I knew about this sooner I'd have hired someone who is familiar with. Unfortunately, I already spent too much money on her, can't afford to hire someone else. I'm just hoping that all my efforts through out the unending process turns up to something.
                                Last edited by Hungry Gorilla; 04-12-2016, 06:15 PM.
                                NYPD
                                Exam: 3311, 3XX, 10/2012
                                APD-5: 10/24/14 (Completed)
                                Medical: 2/20/15 (Done)
                                Psych Written: 3/10/15 (Done)
                                Psych Oral: 3/24/15 (Done)
                                Meet With BI: 4/30/15
                                JST: ?
                                Mini Med: ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9197 users online. 429 members and 8768 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X