Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question, should i contact my investigator about the investigative hold that i am on, or do you think he would not be able to tell me anything? I do not want to annoy him and have him delay me anymore. Thank you in advance for any input.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vic0909 View Post
      Question, should i contact my investigator about the investigative hold that i am on, or do you think he would not be able to tell me anything? I do not want to annoy him and have him delay me anymore. Thank you in advance for any input.
      How did you find out you were on investigative hold? If he told you himself then no I would not contact him and I would check my status via APD. Chances are if he told you himself, he would of also told you if there was anything he needed on your behalf to resolve the hold. If you found out via APD then I would call my investigator and inquire.

Then there is that small chance that they MAY be able to give you something, whether or not it's a DQ or if they are awaiting additional paperwork etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
        How did you find out you were on investigative hold? If he told you himself then no I would not contact him and I would check my status via APD. Chances are if he told you himself, he would of also told you if there was anything he needed on your behalf to resolve the hold. If you found out via APD then I would call my investigator and inquire.

Then there is that small chance that they MAY be able to give you something, whether or not it's a DQ or if they are awaiting additional paperwork etc.
        I called candidate relations about three weeks ago to see if i was still on psychological review, they said yes and I found out i was also put on investigative review so I do not know if it is because of the same issue or a different one. But my investigator has not contacted me on the issue. So I guess i will email him and see if he can give me any information as to why. Thank you again.

Comment

Question, should i contact my investigator about the investigative hold that i am on, or do you think he would not be able to tell me anything? I do not want to annoy him and have him delay me anymore. Thank you in advance for any input.
          They will contact you if any further information needed...other then that; they generally won't discuss background issues with applicants.

Comment

one call wont annoy em
            Problems with a psych exam?
            Have an upcoming
            PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
            you make up your mind.
            WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
            http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
              one call wont annoy em
              So a call is better than a email. I talked to a PO from jersey and was he told me if they didnt reach out to me then i should contact the investigator, he thinks it may look bad. Like i cant follow directions

Comment

So a call is better than a email. I talked to a PO from jersey and was he told me if they didnt reach out to me then i should contact the investigator, he thinks it may look bad. Like i cant follow directions
                Reach out your investigator. Talk to him candidly like an adult.
                Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                you make up your mind.

Comment

• @ Vista, from referring Rob Kronenberg to me, do you know if he would be able to overturn a therapist's diagnosis of anxiety from 7 years ago especially if the same therapist can write that I am no longer "anxious"?

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_o View Post
                    @ Vista, from referring Rob Kronenberg to me, do you know if he would be able to overturn a therapist's diagnosis of anxiety from 7 years ago especially if the same therapist can write that I am no longer "anxious"?
                    Im not sure what you mean by "overturn a diagnosis". You would be better off sending me an email. Are you on review? DQ? Worries about what implications your records may bring?
                    Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

I called candidate relations about three weeks ago to see if i was still on psychological review, they said yes and I found out i was also put on investigative review so I do not know if it is because of the same issue or a different one. But my investigator has not contacted me on the issue. So I guess i will email him and see if he can give me any information as to why. Thank you again.
                      How did you find out that you were on investigative review ?

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
                        How did you find out that you were on investigative review ?
                        I found of the same time I called candidate relations about my psychological hold. A detective (not mine) said i was on both. Best thing for me to do is t stay positive.

Comment

I found of the same time I called candidate relations about my psychological hold. A detective (not mine) said i was on both. Best thing for me to do is t stay positive.

And wait it out. Its your only option!
                          Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

Start taking other civil service exams. Lots of other LE opportunities out-of-state. NYPD isn't the only game in town.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Start taking other civil service exams. Lots of other LE opportunities out-of-state. NYPD isn't the only game in town.

Yes sir, i have applied to other agencies as well. I just started the white plains PD process. Its just hard because some other agencies require residence.

Comment

Yes sir, i have applied to other agencies as well. I just started the white plains PD process. Its just hard because some other agencies require residence.

Also, corrections is an honorable profession which you might consider going into . Many a police officer has started in corrections. It is an excellent training ground for what you would expect on the streets as a PO. Police Administrators generally give hiring preference to military and corrections.

I am NOT a "SIR"....I work for a living....Thank you!!
                                Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 04-08-2016, 11:27 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9309 users online. 423 members and 8886 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X