Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jason_o View Post
    Any advice or steps to follow for one trying to appeal a "proposal for disqualification"?
    Im slow to respond on here. Id reccomend consulting with an Attorney, there are many to choose from.

I reccomend Rob Kronenberg
    1) because i have had positive experiences with him (and Dr Lerner).

2) He is the only one of them who offers a FREE, zero pressure phone consultation in which he explains the entire process, timeframes and possible outcomes. If after you end that phone call, you choose not to follow through- he will not call back and nag you.

If anyone needs his contact info, google it or MCB11384@GMAIL.COM and i can send it to you.
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
      john.....I'm thinking of two reasons right now why you might be asked to provide the info. And by the way you are the applicant....you get to answer the questions....not ask them. Basically County was giving you advice in the question, but you didn't comprehend that.
      Even know as an applicant, your at their mercy- id like to know what i was signing. I would have simply asked if i was permitted to read it or even an explanation of what it was. Just because it is a psychological interview it does not prevent an applicant to communicate with the interview in a mature, respectful and professional manner.
      Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
        Even know as an applicant, your at their mercy- id like to know what i was signing. I would have simply asked if i was permitted to read it or even an explanation of what it was. Just because it is a psychological interview it does not prevent an applicant to communicate with the interview in a mature, respectful and professional manner.
        He didn't sign anything, he wrote in his name and address on the top of an interview form...just like he did with the rest of his written testing. A signature and asking you to print your name address and phone number are not the same thing.

Comment

• His original question was about why he wasked in one department to provide info already provided to another department. He wanted to know why the second dept could not just ask the first for the info. As I stated I thought of 2 quick reasons why the question was posed, both having to do with John himself. And County's response in the form of a question was the right response.

Comment

• Was it a folded paper ?

Originally posted by johnM83 View Post
            If you signed a paper at the end of the oral interview, does that mean anything? I remember signing a sheet (that was half covered by colored paper) with my name and address and I accidentally tipped over the colored paper covering the sheet I signed and the doctor was quick to cover it. It sounds a little suspicious, any of you know if signing a sheet means anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by NY331616 View Post
              Was it a folded paper ?
              I signed a folded paper towards the end. Do you know what it is?

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                It says your inbox is full.

Comment

• I don't care how much I wanted a particular job. There is no way that I would ever sign anything that was covered, folded or otherwise hidden from me.

A psychologist telling someone he or she is evaluating to sign something that is concealed and not fully explaining it? Even court ordered forensic patients have more rights than that. I wonder what the APA ethics committee has to say, much less the Civil Service Commission or DCJS

Comment

• Originally posted by vc859 View Post
                    I don't care how much I wanted a particular job. There is no way that I would ever sign anything that was covered, folded or otherwise hidden from me.

A psychologist telling someone he or she is evaluating to sign something that is concealed and not fully explaining it? Even court ordered forensic patients have more rights than that. I wonder what the APA ethics committee has to say, much less the Civil Service Commission or DCJS

Don't know whether you're a candidate for NYPD or not. In any event; you do have the right of refusal and also the right to report said incident to the NYPD Commanding Officer of the Applicant Processing Division for internal investigation.

Comment

• No I'm not an NYPD applicant, and don't plan on being one. Just found it shocking that a professional LE agency would actually do something like that

Comment

• Originally posted by vc859 View Post
                        I don't care how much I wanted a particular job. There is no way that I would ever sign anything that was covered, folded or otherwise hidden from me.

I signed it at the end and when I asked the psych he just asked for my address in return. When I tried asking him again, he proceeded to ask me other questions. I did not ask again.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post
                          He didn't sign anything, he wrote in his name and address on the top of an interview form...just like he did with the rest of his written testing. A signature and asking you to print your name address and phone number are not the same thing.
                          clearly said signed.... I know the difference between printing my name and signing. More than likely it was some sort of Authorization to release information. I have heard of other agencies even asking applicants to sign a limited power of attorney.

Id have no problem signing any of this- i just prefer to know what im signing.
                          Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

clearly said signed.... I know the difference between printing my name and signing. More than likely it was some sort of Authorization to release information. I have heard of other agencies even asking applicants to sign a limited power of attorney.

You are signing your life away to NYPD--lock,stock and barrel....LOL!!!

Comment

I was referring to him saying that he signed it, not you. It asks for name address, SSN, etc. some people ask candidate to fill them out other people fill them out with the CDs information on their own. Its mentioned throughout the forums as where they record family history, etc

Comment

• anybody know of any other exams coming up? NY state police? papd?
                                Exam # 6315
                                Orientation:
                                Medical:
                                Agility:
                                Written Psych:
                                Oral Psych:
                                PE:

Waiting impatiently..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6959 users online. 253 members and 6706 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X