Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vic0909 View Post
    I called candidate relations about three weeks ago to see if i was still on psychological review, they said yes and I found out i was also put on investigative review so I do not know if it is because of the same issue or a different one. But my investigator has not contacted me on the issue. So I guess i will email him and see if he can give me any information as to why. Thank you again.
    How did you find out that you were on investigative review ?

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
      How did you find out that you were on investigative review ?
      I found of the same time I called candidate relations about my psychological hold. A detective (not mine) said i was on both. Best thing for me to do is t stay positive.

Comment

I found of the same time I called candidate relations about my psychological hold. A detective (not mine) said i was on both. Best thing for me to do is t stay positive.

And wait it out. Its your only option!
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

Start taking other civil service exams. Lots of other LE opportunities out-of-state. NYPD isn't the only game in town.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Start taking other civil service exams. Lots of other LE opportunities out-of-state. NYPD isn't the only game in town.

Yes sir, i have applied to other agencies as well. I just started the white plains PD process. Its just hard because some other agencies require residence.

Comment

Yes sir, i have applied to other agencies as well. I just started the white plains PD process. Its just hard because some other agencies require residence.

Also, corrections is an honorable profession which you might consider going into . Many a police officer has started in corrections. It is an excellent training ground for what you would expect on the streets as a PO. Police Administrators generally give hiring preference to military and corrections.

I am NOT a "SIR"....I work for a living....Thank you!!
              Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 04-08-2016, 11:27 AM.

Comment

deleted post

Comment

What did you score on white plains
                  Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                  you make up your mind.

Comment

Psych review is hard enough usually at least a year long investigative review is rough sorry to hear it try and take the test again just in case it seems they are offering nypd exam alot less them before

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Also, corrections is an honorable profession which you might consider going into . Many a police officer has started in corrections. It is an excellent training ground for what you would expect on the streets as a PO. Police Administrators generally give hiring preference to military and corrections.

I am NOT a "SIR"....I work for a living....Thank you!!

Lol, sorry I just wanted to show respect. I was actually looking as to when I would be able to take a corrections test and what towns are giving the test. Do you know of any?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                        What did you score on white plains
                        I only scored a 80 on the test, I know it is not high.

Comment

Lol, sorry I just wanted to show respect. I was actually looking as to when I would be able to take a corrections test and what towns are giving the test. Do you know of any?

Its the state, NYC and the various counties that offer the corrections exam. Generally, the counties hold their exams in April. Lists are typically four years in duration. You can check with the counties' dept of personnel around January to ascertain if they're conducting a CO exam for that year. NYC offers the CO exam periodically.

Comment

I only scored a 80 on the test, I know it is not high.

They do band scoring so its a weird process
                            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                              They do band scoring so its a weird process

The reason for band scoring is that appointing officers have more latitude in making appointments.

Band A score 90 to 100%
                              Band B score 80 to 89%
                              Band C score 70 to 79%

With means anyone who passes the written exam within that particular ten point spread can be considered for appointment. For all practical purposes you need to score in the 90s to get hired.

Comment

• Hi guys,
                                I'm appealing psych review, nypd asked me to send back my psych result by my personal psychologist and about to send back to nypd. When they get it and if they reconsider to process, will they put me off 'on review' or will they call me back to have another written/oral test? If one of you guys had to appeal, how long did wait for an answer?
                                NYPD
                                Exam: 3311, 3XX, 10/2012
                                APD-5: 10/24/14 (Completed)
                                Medical: 2/20/15 (Done)
                                Psych Written: 3/10/15 (Done)
                                Psych Oral: 3/24/15 (Done)
                                Meet With BI: 4/30/15
                                JST: ?
                                Mini Med: ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4884 users online. 314 members and 4570 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X