Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnM83 View Post
    If you signed a paper at the end of the oral interview, does that mean anything? I remember signing a sheet (that was half covered by colored paper) with my name and address and I accidentally tipped over the colored paper covering the sheet I signed and the doctor was quick to cover it. It sounds a little suspicious, any of you know if signing a sheet means anything?
    Think it has something to do with signing away at the release of information. Not too sure but I did sign the same document myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
      Think it has something to do with signing away at the release of information. Not too sure but I did sign the same document myself.
      If they can get the information themselves considering the BI has the paperwork they requested and also we signed a release form releasing all our info to them, why would they want us to send what they can get? They requested my college transcript. My BI has that and also they can get it because I signed a form releasing that info to them. I'm just confused on why they wanted me to send it when they have access to those documents. Does anybody know?
      Last edited by johnM83; 03-31-2016, 03:36 PM.

Comment

If they can get the information themselves considering the BI has the paperwork they requested and also we signed a release form releasing all our info to them, why would they want us to send what they can get? They requested my college transcript. My BI has that and also they can get it because I signed a form releasing that info to them. I'm just confused on why they wanted me to send it when they have access to those documents. Does anybody know?
        Why don't you just tell the psych unit to e-mail your BI and request those documents from them??

Comment

• To my future brothers in blue, can't we all just get along? Now what would former commissioner Ray Kelly do[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Is there a difference between psych hold
            And psych review or are they both the same

Comment

• The psychologist probably finds it easier to just get their own release signed. Probably covering themselves too. Who knows ? May not get along with the investigators and doesn't like asking them. They also may not trust the investigators. Whatever it is you are not in a position to question these things. County Corrections gives out excellent advice and info on this forum and your response to him was a little ridiculous. Some of the most important things you will learn as a police officer will be things you learn from "older" people. If it comes in the form of joking or sarcasm at times, that's the way it is. You were harping on the issue which was a little senseless because you and everyone else trying to get the job will have to sign the release. Whether its one time or ten times that's the way it is.

Comment

• john.....I'm thinking of two reasons right now why you might be asked to provide the info. And by the way you are the applicant....you get to answer the questions....not ask them. Basically County was giving you advice in the question, but you didn't comprehend that.

Comment

• http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/...and-badge.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Gdale6 View Post
                    I did my JST and Mini med while being on psych review. My investigator is pretty helpful however she always complains about the psychological department. As far as the investigator knowing whether you are on review or not is as simple as looking at the computer screen and seeing your status. No communication involved. There's been a couple times where my investigator has asked me to get in contact with the psychological department because she can't reach them. Then when I do call them they either don't pick up or don't give you much info. When I tell this to my investigator she seems puzzled and confused. Not to mention she had stated she wasn't informed that I had my JST scheduled, talk about communication.
                    I used to be involved in the hiring process, but hey, believe what you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by RETIREE View Post
                      The psychologist probably finds it easier to just get their own release signed. Probably covering themselves too. Who knows ? May not get along with the investigators and doesn't like asking them. They also may not trust the investigators. Whatever it is you are not in a position to question these things. County Corrections gives out excellent advice and info on this forum and your response to him was a little ridiculous. Some of the most important things you will learn as a police officer will be things you learn from "older" people. If it comes in the form of joking or sarcasm at times, that's the way it is. You were harping on the issue which was a little senseless because you and everyone else trying to get the job will have to sign the release. Whether its one time or ten times that's the way it is.

Thanks for backing me up, Retiree. Basically, the advice I offer is common sense; something that several of potential NYPD applicants on this thread don't seem to have or comprehend. Somehow many actually believe they can circumvent the system to their advantage.
                      Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 04-01-2016, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Any advice or steps to follow for one trying to appeal a "proposal for disqualification"?

Comment

• Did you contact Vista?
                          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_o View Post
                            Any advice or steps to follow for one trying to appeal a "proposal for disqualification"?
                            Call rob kronenberg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you signed a paper at the end of the oral interview, does that mean anything? I remember signing a sheet (that was half covered by colored paper) with my name and address and I accidentally tipped over the colored paper covering the sheet I signed and the doctor was quick to cover it. It sounds a little suspicious, any of you know if signing a sheet means anything?
                              Id he pretty damn hesitant to sign anything that i could not read. I dont care who is asking me to sign it.
                              Problems with a psych exam?
                              Have an upcoming
                              PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                              you make up your mind.
                              WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                              http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by easyjesus View Post
                                Is there a difference between psych hold
                                And psych review or are they both the same
                                i believe they are different n
                                Problems with a psych exam?
                                Have an upcoming
                                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                                you make up your mind.
                                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9302 users online. 449 members and 8853 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X