Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
    You had two oral interviews ? How long since the second interview?
    My 2nd interview was December 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
      My 2nd interview was December 2015
      When was your first oral psych?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish_80 View Post
        When was your first oral psych?
        2 weeks before my 2nd. Beginning and end of December also passed my jst and mini medical All steps are done my case is signed off on. just the psych holding me up very very frustrating

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
          2 weeks before my 2nd. Beginning and end of December also passed my jst and mini medical All steps are done my case is signed off on. just the psych holding me up very very frustrating
          Hang in there, Kiddo!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
            Hang in there, Kiddo!!
            Yeah I am trying I hate being in the dark. I m probably going to hold off on the article 78 everyone says it's useless guess I'll just wait. I scored 94 on tbta exam and a 83 on corrections just gotta wait it out

Comment

• Hey guys quick question, my psych gave me till the 2nd to submit my document. I've already sent the document myself the same day. I haven't heard anything back as of yet. Should I email the psych to see if she got the document/update or should I just leave it alone and wait for them to contact me? I Didn't want to get a "discontinue" status incase the psych didn't get it. Any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by johnM83 View Post
                Hey guys quick question, my psych gave me till the 2nd to submit my document. I've already sent the document myself the same day. I haven't heard anything back as of yet. Should I email the psych to see if she got the document/update or should I just leave it alone and wait for them to contact me? I Didn't want to get a "discontinue" status incase the psych didn't get it. Any idea?

Email them to confirm they received the document. At the conclusion of the oral, my psych advised me that phone calls will mostly go unanswered because of the volume of interviews they conduct per day, but emails to ensure they received documents once sent were ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                  Happened to me as well, according to my BI, Psych and BI don't communicate. Give them what they asked so you can be cleared and done with them. It's probably the step that holds up the most candidates

And psych and APD have different standards for the type of info they ask for--it might overlap, but psych is often requesting more detailed accounts of incidents, which they will share with you BI...

This is entirely untrue. They work quite closely together. In fact, they are in the process of moving all of candidate psych, APD, and medical to the old academy so the communication can be easier among them. People often don't realize what goes on behind the scenes and think they don't talk---and tell discrepancy stories, which holds them up.
                  Last edited by mike_s1234; 03-30-2016, 06:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPDhopeful20166 View Post
                    Hey guys I know this gets asked a ton and I've read a thousand of these stories but I just thought I'd get your overall opinion on my chances...
                    Exam 4312 hoping for July btw--
                    I passed everything and am on the dreaded psychological review. My oral went well and the only part they went after me about was my Summons from 2012. I was with a female friend on the beach partially nude but not having sex. I answered all questions honestly and at the end my psych requested the official paperwork from the summons. All of it was sent in immediately and she even emailed me confirming she had all docs requested. Now does this sound like a case of a DQ? Or a year long review? Or my main question I guess is psych review sometimes just a legitimate review of new documents and if it all checks out then you get cleared relatively quickly? Thanks for everyone's time!
                    Yes, psych review is often a review of the records you've sent. However, it can also include waiting on information from APD, your school, the county you lived in, etc. You can also get stuck on psych review if someone else puts you on review before they get a chance to make a choice (like APD or med) and once that clears they can submit a decision. These are usually when there's a "hold." It should really be called pending.

There is another level of actual review that you get to once they have made a decision.

Also, BIs like to say people are being held up by psych when it's really bc of the background investigation, but they won't disclose it...because it's an investigation. Take what you are told with a grain of salt.

Regardless, I presume the are focused on clearing people for April, not July right now. People seem to forget that all law enforcement candidates go through the same process and that BIscand psychs have to hire a lot of other people for other positions in the NYPD between PO hires. Just be patient and cooperative, stressing won't help.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post
                      This is entirely untrue. They work quite closely together. In fact, they are in the process of moving all of candidate psych, APD, and medical to the old academy so the communication can be easier among them. People often don't realize what goes on behind the scenes and think they don't talk---and tell discrepancy stories, which holds them up.
                      Not sure how true this is, unless this is just my personal investigator. I actually asked my investigator because I found it odd that the document the pysch requested my investigator already had. Why not just get it from the BI? After all, they're the ones doing the background check on us. My BI told me there's no real communication between them and that he cant even get a hold of them.

Comment

• Question guys: If 2 people had the exact same psych and the psych requested the exact same document, whos file would get looked at and cleared first? The one with the older exam or the first person that had the interview? Or is it first come first serve?
                        Last edited by Irish_80; 03-30-2016, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish_80 View Post
                          Not sure how true this is, unless this is just my personal investigator. I actually asked my investigator because I found it odd that the document the pysch requested my investigator already had. Why not just get it from the BI? After all, they're the ones doing the background check on us. My BI told me there's no real communication between them and that he cant even get a hold of them.
                          The hiring process, and your info is all tracked online---how on earth would everyone's investigator know that they are on psych review if they didn't have any communication. How do you think people would know to cancel your JST because your jammed up elsewhere? How is psych telling people that they need to be cleared by APD first.

People on here seem to be able to figure out how to email their psych--I'm sure an investigator can do the same.

It's not happening via carrier pigeon...
                          Last edited by mike_s1234; 03-30-2016, 07:21 PM.

Comment

The hiring process, and your info is all tracked online---how on earth would everyone's investigator know that they are on psych review if they didn't have any communication. How do you think people would know to cancel your JST because your jammed up elsewhere? How is psych telling people that they need to be cleared by APD first.

People on here seem to be able to figure out how to email their psych--I'm sure an investigator can do the same.

It's not happening via carrier pigeon...
                            I did my JST and Mini med while being on psych review. My investigator is pretty helpful however she always complains about the psychological department. As far as the investigator knowing whether you are on review or not is as simple as looking at the computer screen and seeing your status. No communication involved. There's been a couple times where my investigator has asked me to get in contact with the psychological department because she can't reach them. Then when I do call them they either don't pick up or don't give you much info. When I tell this to my investigator she seems puzzled and confused. Not to mention she had stated she wasn't informed that I had my JST scheduled, talk about communication.
                            Last edited by Gdale6; 03-30-2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Yes, psych review is often a review of the records you've sent. However, it can also include waiting on information from APD, your school, the county you lived in, etc. You can also get stuck on psych review if someone else puts you on review before they get a chance to make a choice (like APD or med) and once that clears they can submit a decision. These are usually when there's a "hold." It should really be called pending.

There is another level of actual review that you get to once they have made a decision.

Also, BIs like to say people are being held up by psych when it's really bc of the background investigation, but they won't disclose it...because it's an investigation. Take what you are told with a grain of salt.

Regardless, I presume the are focused on clearing people for April, not July right now. People seem to forget that all law enforcement candidates go through the same process and that BIscand psychs have to hire a lot of other people for other positions in the NYPD between PO hires. Just be patient and cooperative, stressing won't help.
                              I appreciate the response. Yes it's been exactly a month since my oral interview and still on psych review. Once I found out exam 4312 was not eligible for April class I was able to stop stressing because I know I have at least another 3 months before a chance of making an academy. At this point I'm just checking once a week or so if my status has changed. I just hope I'm one of the lucky ones that get cleared at some point! Good luck to everyone

Comment

• If you signed a paper at the end of the oral interview, does that mean anything? I remember signing a sheet (that was half covered by colored paper) with my name and address and I accidentally tipped over the colored paper covering the sheet I signed and the doctor was quick to cover it. It sounds a little suspicious, any of you know if signing a sheet means anything?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11323 users online. 508 members and 10815 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X