Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No I'm not an NYPD applicant, and don't plan on being one. Just found it shocking that a professional LE agency would actually do something like that

Comment

• Originally posted by vc859 View Post
      I don't care how much I wanted a particular job. There is no way that I would ever sign anything that was covered, folded or otherwise hidden from me.

A psychologist telling someone he or she is evaluating to sign something that is concealed and not fully explaining it? Even court ordered forensic patients have more rights than that. I wonder what the APA ethics committee has to say, much less the Civil Service Commission or DCJS
      I signed it at the end and when I asked the psych he just asked for my address in return. When I tried asking him again, he proceeded to ask me other questions. I did not ask again.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post
        He didn't sign anything, he wrote in his name and address on the top of an interview form...just like he did with the rest of his written testing. A signature and asking you to print your name address and phone number are not the same thing.
        clearly said signed.... I know the difference between printing my name and signing. More than likely it was some sort of Authorization to release information. I have heard of other agencies even asking applicants to sign a limited power of attorney.

Id have no problem signing any of this- i just prefer to know what im signing.
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
          clearly said signed.... I know the difference between printing my name and signing. More than likely it was some sort of Authorization to release information. I have heard of other agencies even asking applicants to sign a limited power of attorney.

You are signing your life away to NYPD--lock,stock and barrel....LOL!!!

Comment

I was referring to him saying that he signed it, not you. It asks for name address, SSN, etc. some people ask candidate to fill them out other people fill them out with the CDs information on their own. Its mentioned throughout the forums as where they record family history, etc

Comment

• anybody know of any other exams coming up? NY state police? papd?

Comment

• Question, should i contact my investigator about the investigative hold that i am on, or do you think he would not be able to tell me anything? I do not want to annoy him and have him delay me anymore. Thank you in advance for any input.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vic0909 View Post
                  Question, should i contact my investigator about the investigative hold that i am on, or do you think he would not be able to tell me anything? I do not want to annoy him and have him delay me anymore. Thank you in advance for any input.
                  How did you find out you were on investigative hold? If he told you himself then no I would not contact him and I would check my status via APD. Chances are if he told you himself, he would of also told you if there was anything he needed on your behalf to resolve the hold. If you found out via APD then I would call my investigator and inquire.

Then there is that small chance that they MAY be able to give you something, whether or not it's a DQ or if they are awaiting additional paperwork etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                    How did you find out you were on investigative hold? If he told you himself then no I would not contact him and I would check my status via APD. Chances are if he told you himself, he would of also told you if there was anything he needed on your behalf to resolve the hold. If you found out via APD then I would call my investigator and inquire.

Then there is that small chance that they MAY be able to give you something, whether or not it's a DQ or if they are awaiting additional paperwork etc.
                    I called candidate relations about three weeks ago to see if i was still on psychological review, they said yes and I found out i was also put on investigative review so I do not know if it is because of the same issue or a different one. But my investigator has not contacted me on the issue. So I guess i will email him and see if he can give me any information as to why. Thank you again.

Comment

Question, should i contact my investigator about the investigative hold that i am on, or do you think he would not be able to tell me anything? I do not want to annoy him and have him delay me anymore. Thank you in advance for any input.
                      They will contact you if any further information needed...other then that; they generally won't discuss background issues with applicants.

Comment

one call wont annoy em
                        Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                        you make up your mind.

Comment

one call wont annoy em
                          So a call is better than a email. I talked to a PO from jersey and was he told me if they didnt reach out to me then i should contact the investigator, he thinks it may look bad. Like i cant follow directions

Comment

So a call is better than a email. I talked to a PO from jersey and was he told me if they didnt reach out to me then i should contact the investigator, he thinks it may look bad. Like i cant follow directions
                            Reach out your investigator. Talk to him candidly like an adult.
                            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• @ Vista, from referring Rob Kronenberg to me, do you know if he would be able to overturn a therapist's diagnosis of anxiety from 7 years ago especially if the same therapist can write that I am no longer "anxious"?

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_o View Post
                                @ Vista, from referring Rob Kronenberg to me, do you know if he would be able to overturn a therapist's diagnosis of anxiety from 7 years ago especially if the same therapist can write that I am no longer "anxious"?
                                Im not sure what you mean by "overturn a diagnosis". You would be better off sending me an email. Are you on review? DQ? Worries about what implications your records may bring?
                                Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6745 users online. 458 members and 6287 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X