Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jason_o View Post
    I heard no news is good news but it's been awhile for me. Also heard that yes u get a dq letter in the mail but also a letter if you are to continue your process as well. I'm just staying in shape and outta trouble and praying for the best.
    After reading around here and doing a little bit of research, when it comes to being on psych review, I personally think no news eventually bad news. Yes there are a few cases that people have been on review for several months up to a year and get cleared but those are very few. No news after a very long time usually is bad news. I say this because it eventually turns into a DQ. If you don't hear back In a long time the majority of people usually get DQ letter or email. I'm not trying to kill anyone's hope or anything but if you read around here and other forums you'll see what I'm talking about. I myself am on review since the psych requested a document. I sent that in the same day and haven't heard back, although it has only been a week. We can only hope for the best but I wouldn't put all my eggs in the basket for the NYPD or anything else in life. Psych services doesn't work with any time limits and everything is at their pace and discretion. It's just the reality of things.

Comment

• Will psych notify you when you are off of review?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Audle1228 View Post
        Will psych notify you when you are off of review?

That's what I want to know, since Im on review from march 10th 2016.

Comment

Will psych notify you when you are off of review?

I wasn't notified by psych. Either your investigator or APD can tell you although APD will certainly not reach out to you to notify you although your investigator might.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
            I wasn't notified by psych. Either your investigator or APD can tell you although APD will certainly not reach out to you to notify you although your investigator might.
            Ok thanks.

Comment

• I've been on review since December 2015 I'm gonna wait till may then try going the article 78 route I can't wait over a year

Comment

• What exactly is article 78?

Comment

What exactly is article 78?

To make it short, it's basically when you hire an attorney and force the NYPD to make a decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                    I've been on review since December 2015 I'm gonna wait till may then try going the article 78 route I can't wait over a year
                    Why not just wait till you either get cleared or get a DQ letter? Unless your getting close to the age cutoff then that would be your only option opposed to waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish_80 View Post
                      To make it short, it's basically when you hire an attorney and force the NYPD to make a decision.
                      Oh ok thanks.

Comment

What exactly is article 78?

Article 78 proceedings is a legal action in state supreme court that seeks to overturn a decision made by a municipality on the grounds that the original decision was arbitrary and capricious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish_80 View Post
                          Why not just wait till you either get cleared or get a DQ letter? Unless your getting close to the age cutoff then that would be your only option opposed to waiting.
                          Yes I'm 32 besides I don't see the point waiting a year for a dq letter I've had 2 oral interviews I feel waiting that long is a serious waste of time if they r gonna dq me why can't it be quicker then a year

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                            Yes I'm 32 besides I don't see the point waiting a year for a dq letter I've had 2 oral interviews I feel waiting that long is a serious waste of time if they r gonna dq me why can't it be quicker then a year
                            You had two oral interviews ? How long since the second interview?

Comment

• Proving your case in an Art 78 is extremely difficult. Trying to use the process to force the NYPD to make a decision will be almost impossible. You would have to prove that the delay in your particular case was arbitrary. All NYPD would have to show is that this is not an unusual occurrence and you can kiss your case and cash goodbye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                                You had two oral interviews ? How long since the second interview?
                                Hey jay_easy I typed up a message on tapatalk to send you but it says you have your messages off..I wanted to ask you a question and your advice..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8207 users online. 373 members and 7834 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X