Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RETIRED 03 View Post
    When the salaries where low. LOL When did that change I got news for you Vista the salaries are still low. It's a disgrace what New York city cops get paid. It's amazes me reading these sites how bad these kids want that job . When the novelty of the job wears off and the realities set in that's when the salary becomes an issue. The recent 1% raise they got was a real slap in the face, plus the fact retirement is 22 and half years now. No longer can NYPD officers receive 3 quarters disability for line of duty injuries unless they have 10 years or more on the job. Every contract the city is taking more and more benefits away.
    Yes it is a slap in the face cops deserve more no doubt but on the flip side they are guaranteed to get something if they get hurt and they get a retirement package plus medical almost no jobs offer that any more in nyc I'm currently in construction and had to quit the union because after 10 years they couldn't keep me.busy enough .I have been forced to do non union work. I have no retirement no anything besides a paycheck if i get hurt i get nothing so what the city offers for nypd does look good for someone looking for medical and retirement. Eventually cops will get more probably when it gets difficult to find recruits again sad but true

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
      Yes it is a slap in the face cops deserve more no doubt but on the flip side they are guaranteed to get something if they get hurt and they get a retirement package plus medical almost no jobs offer that any more in nyc I'm currently in construction and had to quit the union because after 10 years they couldn't keep me.busy enough .I have been forced to do non union work. I have no retirement no anything besides a paycheck if i get hurt i get nothing so what the city offers for nypd does look good for someone looking for medical and retirement. Eventually cops will get more probably when it gets difficult to find recruits again sad but true

Just to let you know NYPD is quite strict on the use of sick
      leave. Yes, you have unlimited sick leave with them but that is closely monitored by their medical unit, home visits are in place, and chronic absences will surely result in termination. In so far as disability retirements are concerned--applications go through several levels of medical review and are not easily granted. I believe new NYPD hires are on a 22 year, out at any age retirement rather than the customary 20 years and out. But that's better than no retirement benefits at all!
      Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 03-26-2016, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
        Just to let you know NYPD is quite strict on the use of sick
        leave. Yes, you have unlimited sick leave with them but that is closely monitored by their medical unit, home visits are in place, and chronic absences will surely result in termination. In so far as disability retirements are concerned--applications go through several levels of medical review and are not easily granted. I believe new NYPD hires are on a 22 year, out at any age retirement rather than the customary 20 years and out. But that's better than no retirement benefits at all!
        25 years for new hires good sir

Comment

• Originally posted by TrunkS3 View Post
          25 years for new hires good sir
          NYPD new hires are now on a retirement par similar to New York state and county correction officers....hmmmmmmmm. Only a matter of time before the New York State Comptrollers Office adopts the same 25 years and out for municipal police officers in the P&F and ERS retirement systems.

Comment

• Its 22 1/2 years but it pays to do 25 so you get the cola( cost of living allowance) plus the variable supplement banks each year you stay past 22 1/2 years

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Anyone on here who may have some knowledge, I'm exam 3309 and I've done everything but the jst and mini-med. I've been on psych hold since last March. I went for family therapy but I gave in the requested paperwork right away. Other than that, my file is spotless. Any idea whether I'll make it off of review and into the academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_o View Post
                Anyone on here who may have some knowledge, I'm exam 3309 and I've done everything but the jst and mini-med. I've been on psych hold since last March. I went for family therapy but I gave in the requested paperwork right away. Other than that, my file is spotless. Any idea whether I'll make it off of review and into the academy?
                Follow up with your psych and see if they are awaiting anything, other than that it's just a waiting game unfortunately.

Comment

• The psych doesn't answer, the psych dept and my bi both say I'm still on review with no further information. So no insight on whether I will pass thru or not?

Comment

The psych doesn't answer, the psych dept and my bi both say I'm still on review with no further information. So no insight on whether I will pass thru or not?
                    Can't say, I know people (and some people even post themselves on these forums) who have been on review for months or over a year and still get cleared. Don't give up hope, just make sure you're getting or staying in shape and keep pushing forward remaining out of trouble. Your review can be cleared any day. Usually from what I've heard of they decide to DQ you, they mail you a letter.

Comment

• I heard no news is good news but it's been awhile for me. Also heard that yes u get a dq letter in the mail but also a letter if you are to continue your process as well. I'm just staying in shape and outta trouble and praying for the best.

Comment

I heard no news is good news but it's been awhile for me. Also heard that yes u get a dq letter in the mail but also a letter if you are to continue your process as well. I'm just staying in shape and outta trouble and praying for the best.
                        I personally was on review since January till march 2016. I didn't receive any letter stating to continue processing, although psych did tell me to.

Comment

• So you're off review? And only for 2 months? I try not to think too much into it but I'd think if they were to DQ me, I would've been out already but then again, why am I not off yet

Comment

So you're off review? And only for 2 months? I try not to think too much into it but I'd think if they were to DQ me, I would've been out already but then again, why am I not off yet
                            Each case is different, try not to compare your case to anyone else's. Psych works in mysterious ways. Some people get off review rather quickly (like myself) others takes a little long and then some take really long. Don't give up hope, negative thinking will certainly drive you crazy. It can go either way just gotta wait and see what they tell you. If you don't know already, I would contact dcas and see when my exam expires. It expires 4 years from the date it is established not from the date it was administered.

Comment

• Only reason why I mention that is because I've heard stories of People being on review so long that their exam expires before they are cleared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Trying my best. My exam doesn't expire till 6/2019 tho I don't wanna wait till then to get on. I'll take almost anything that shows that I still have a shot to get in

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12136 users online. 483 members and 11653 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X