Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish_80 View Post
    To make it short, it's basically when you hire an attorney and force the NYPD to make a decision.
    Oh ok thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Audle1228 View Post
      What exactly is article 78?

Article 78 proceedings is a legal action in state supreme court that seeks to overturn a decision made by a municipality on the grounds that the original decision was arbitrary and capricious.

Comment

Why not just wait till you either get cleared or get a DQ letter? Unless your getting close to the age cutoff then that would be your only option opposed to waiting.
        Yes I'm 32 besides I don't see the point waiting a year for a dq letter I've had 2 oral interviews I feel waiting that long is a serious waste of time if they r gonna dq me why can't it be quicker then a year

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
          Yes I'm 32 besides I don't see the point waiting a year for a dq letter I've had 2 oral interviews I feel waiting that long is a serious waste of time if they r gonna dq me why can't it be quicker then a year
          You had two oral interviews ? How long since the second interview?

Comment

• Proving your case in an Art 78 is extremely difficult. Trying to use the process to force the NYPD to make a decision will be almost impossible. You would have to prove that the delay in your particular case was arbitrary. All NYPD would have to show is that this is not an unusual occurrence and you can kiss your case and cash goodbye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
              Hey jay_easy I typed up a message on tapatalk to send you but it says you have your messages off..I wanted to ask you a question and your advice..

Comment

My 2nd interview was December 2015

Comment

My 2nd interview was December 2015
                  When was your first oral psych?

Comment

When was your first oral psych?
                    2 weeks before my 2nd. Beginning and end of December also passed my jst and mini medical All steps are done my case is signed off on. just the psych holding me up very very frustrating

Comment

2 weeks before my 2nd. Beginning and end of December also passed my jst and mini medical All steps are done my case is signed off on. just the psych holding me up very very frustrating
                      Hang in there, Kiddo!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                        Hang in there, Kiddo!!
                        Yeah I am trying I hate being in the dark. I m probably going to hold off on the article 78 everyone says it's useless guess I'll just wait. I scored 94 on tbta exam and a 83 on corrections just gotta wait it out

Comment

• Hey guys quick question, my psych gave me till the 2nd to submit my document. I've already sent the document myself the same day. I haven't heard anything back as of yet. Should I email the psych to see if she got the document/update or should I just leave it alone and wait for them to contact me? I Didn't want to get a "discontinue" status incase the psych didn't get it. Any idea?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnM83 View Post
                            Hey guys quick question, my psych gave me till the 2nd to submit my document. I've already sent the document myself the same day. I haven't heard anything back as of yet. Should I email the psych to see if she got the document/update or should I just leave it alone and wait for them to contact me? I Didn't want to get a "discontinue" status incase the psych didn't get it. Any idea?

Email them to confirm they received the document. At the conclusion of the oral, my psych advised me that phone calls will mostly go unanswered because of the volume of interviews they conduct per day, but emails to ensure they received documents once sent were ok.

Comment

Happened to me as well, according to my BI, Psych and BI don't communicate. Give them what they asked so you can be cleared and done with them. It's probably the step that holds up the most candidates

And psych and APD have different standards for the type of info they ask for--it might overlap, but psych is often requesting more detailed accounts of incidents, which they will share with you BI...

This is entirely untrue. They work quite closely together. In fact, they are in the process of moving all of candidate psych, APD, and medical to the old academy so the communication can be easier among them. People often don't realize what goes on behind the scenes and think they don't talk---and tell discrepancy stories, which holds them up.
                              Last edited by mike_s1234; 03-30-2016, 06:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPDhopeful20166 View Post
                                Hey guys I know this gets asked a ton and I've read a thousand of these stories but I just thought I'd get your overall opinion on my chances...
                                Exam 4312 hoping for July btw--
                                I passed everything and am on the dreaded psychological review. My oral went well and the only part they went after me about was my Summons from 2012. I was with a female friend on the beach partially nude but not having sex. I answered all questions honestly and at the end my psych requested the official paperwork from the summons. All of it was sent in immediately and she even emailed me confirming she had all docs requested. Now does this sound like a case of a DQ? Or a year long review? Or my main question I guess is psych review sometimes just a legitimate review of new documents and if it all checks out then you get cleared relatively quickly? Thanks for everyone's time!
                                Yes, psych review is often a review of the records you've sent. However, it can also include waiting on information from APD, your school, the county you lived in, etc. You can also get stuck on psych review if someone else puts you on review before they get a chance to make a choice (like APD or med) and once that clears they can submit a decision. These are usually when there's a "hold." It should really be called pending.

There is another level of actual review that you get to once they have made a decision.

Also, BIs like to say people are being held up by psych when it's really bc of the background investigation, but they won't disclose it...because it's an investigation. Take what you are told with a grain of salt.

Regardless, I presume the are focused on clearing people for April, not July right now. People seem to forget that all law enforcement candidates go through the same process and that BIscand psychs have to hire a lot of other people for other positions in the NYPD between PO hires. Just be patient and cooperative, stressing won't help.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4704 users online. 306 members and 4398 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X