Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jay91 View Post
    Quick questions guys. Anybody have experience with corrections that was dqed by NYPD. I appealed my nypd psych dq lost and now im trying my cards with DOC. any advice?

NYCDOC recently revamped their hiring guidelines after a critical report of the agency was issued by the NYC DOI last year. If you were DQed by NYPD: you will be DQed by city corrections.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

NYCDOC recently revamped their hiring guidelines after a critical report of the agency was issued by the NYC DOI last year. If you were DQed by NYPD: you will be DQed by city corrections.
      As it should be: an arrest is an arrest. Guess DOC is finally learning the lesson...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

i was dqed based on an arrest record. In the NYPDs world you are basically guilty even if the charges are dropped and your never convitcted. You are processing for NYpd?
        Yea man I am. Psych requested school records, sent them and I'm just waiting at this point. I paid to take the NYDOC exam but never showed up. I could not reschedule so I just left it at that.

Comment

i was dqed based on an arrest record. In the NYPDs world you are basically guilty even if the charges are dropped and your never convitcted. You are processing for NYpd?
          That sucks...at least you tried. There's a bunch of other LEO jobs tho, don't be discouraged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish_80 View Post
            Yea man I am. Psych requested school records, sent them and I'm just waiting at this point. I paid to take the NYDOC exam but never showed up. I could not reschedule so I just left it at that.
            How long ago did you send the requested documents? My doc requested similar documents but it's only been a few days.

Comment

What was the arrest for?? Were the charges dropped due to ACD?? If NYPD reasonably believed you committed the offense--that would ultimately lead to disqualification-- then it would be the same whether you were convicted of it or not. Shoplifting or stealing from an employer typically results in the charges being dropped.
              Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 03-25-2016, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• I have one arrest record.
                I got a summonse in 2010 ( at the park after dark) forgot to go to the court, and 2011 was arrested for it ( open warrant).
                Can this arrest dq me?
                My case was dismissed, was put on probation to stay out of trouble for 6 months. Is it a serious case?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oguseynov View Post
                  I have one arrest record.
                  I got a summonse in 2010 ( at the park after dark) forgot to go to the court, and 2011 was arrested for it ( open warrant).
                  Can this arrest dq me?
                  My case was dismissed, was put on probation to stay out of trouble for 6 months. Is it a serious case?
                  Forgetting to go court ? Yeah..that's something You shouldn't forget. You probably will have a slim to none chance of getting hired ( realistic response )

Comment

• "Probation for 6 months"...............Most likely an ACD. in the criminal justice world an ACD is tantamount to a conviction. It means you're getting a break even though you committed the offense. An ACD even prevents filing a false arrest suit in State courts.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrunkS3 View Post
                      Forgetting to go court ? Yeah..that's something You shouldn't forget. You probably will have a slim to none chance of getting hired ( realistic response )

Another agency might hire him but not NYPD; not so much for the first instance but rather due to his failure to go back to court to answer the appearance ticket.

Comment

• http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/pr...icle-1.2577741

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                          NYPD did NOT lower their hiring standards during that time period you cited. Being disqualified from NYPD police employment is not certainly the end of the line for other law enforcement employment opportunities. There are opportunities for employment both upstate and out-of-state.

When the salaries were really low, they definitelt did- they were so desperate to fill a class you wouldnt believe the candidates that the bosses were signing off on
                          Problems with a psych exam?
                          Have an upcoming
                          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                          you make up your mind.
                          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                            When the salaries were really low, they definitelt did- they were so desperate to fill a class you wouldnt believe the candidates that the bosses were signing off on
                            When the salaries where low. LOL When did that change I got news for you Vista the salaries are still low. It's a disgrace what New York city cops get paid. It's amazes me reading these sites how bad these kids want that job . When the novelty of the job wears off and the realities set in that's when the salary becomes an issue. The recent 1% raise they got was a real slap in the face, plus the fact retirement is 22 and half years now. No longer can NYPD officers receive 3 quarters disability for line of duty injuries unless they have 10 years or more on the job. Every contract the city is taking more and more benefits away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                              When the salaries were really low, they definitelt did- they were so desperate to fill a class you wouldn't believe the candidates that the bosses were signing off on
                              Again, I have always said the absolute minimum bar to appointment is conviction of a felony. I did some research on the 2005 NYPD academy classes when the salaries were low and there is some truth as to what you said. Then again, those who were appointed back then could have very well learned from their civilian foibles and went on to become good police officers. Today, getting appointed to NYPD is much more stringent than upstate or down South law enforcement opportunities.

Comment

• Originally posted by RETIRED 03 View Post
                                When the salaries where low. LOL When did that change I got news for you Vista the salaries are still low. It's a disgrace what New York city cops get paid. It's amazes me reading these sites how bad these kids want that job . When the novelty of the job wears off and the realities set in that's when the salary becomes an issue. The recent 1% raise they got was a real slap in the face, plus the fact retirement is 22 and half years now. No longer can NYPD officers receive 3 quarters disability for line of duty injuries unless they have 10 years or more on the job. Every contract the city is taking more and more benefits away.

It is even worse for upstate municipal police and correction officers.
                                The larger populated cities and counties have their police and correction officers enrolled in the NYS Police & FireFighters Tier. In that tier; officers injured in the line of duty receive 1/2 of their average high three; NOT 3/4! There is a provision for "Accidental" disability retirement in that tier that pays 3/4 but the NYS Comptroller's Office definition of what constitutes an 'accident' is next to impossible to pass muster since common job hazards encountered are not considered accidental. 'Performance of Duty' disability retirement (50% of high average three) is the most common disability retirement given to those officers injured in the line of duty unable to perform their regular duties. However; POD disability retirements are only available to those municipalities enrolled in the P&F tier and not the ERS.

The vast majority of municipalities enroll their sworn LE officers in the common NYS Employees Retirement System available to all local public employees outside of New York City. It is much cheaper for smaller political subdivisions to enroll in ERS rather than paying more into the P&F Tier. In this system there are only THREE types of retirements available: standard, ordinary disability and accidental disability (does not pay 3/4). There are special supplementary plans available within ERS for 20 and 25 year retirement at any age for law enforcement personnel
                                Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 03-27-2016, 05:21 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7129 users online. 369 members and 6760 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X