Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post

    Not even surprised. In that same article there's another story about a LT that got charged with sexual harassment. Crazy.
    Last edited by Irish_80; 03-24-2016, 11:43 AM.

    Comment


    • They should only offer the nypd once or twice every few years like every other city exam instead of DQing people that would have gotten the job years ago when the salary was low and they were desperate for recruits. It's not right failing the psych or getting put on review does hurt your reputation

      Comment


      • Originally posted by shimmy View Post
        They should only offer the nypd once or twice every few years like every other city exam instead of DQing people that would have gotten the job years ago when the salary was low and they were desperate for recruits. It's not right failing the psych or getting put on review does hurt your reputation
        It's all about money. Think about it, if they offer the exam a couple times a year they'll make a lot more money opposed to offering the same exam every couple of years. They really don't care who gets DQ or not, it's just a business. Which quiet frankly, is shameful. But it's the reality of things.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Irish_80 View Post
          It's all about money. Think about it, if they offer the exam a couple times a year they'll make a lot more money opposed to offering the same exam every couple of years. They really don't care who gets DQ or not, it's just a business. Which quiet frankly, is shameful. But it's the reality of things.

          Not really all about money. It's about quality control and many more applicants than there are vacancies. Only 1 in 12 applicants is going to get hired by them. NYPD does have quite stringent hiring standards as compared to upstate smaller police agencies. Takes about THREE years from the date of examination to the actual appointment of a qualified candidate. Hence the need to conduct several written exams on a yearly basis rather than ONE exam covering a four year period.
          Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 03-24-2016, 03:47 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by shimmy View Post
            They should only offer the nypd once or twice every few years like every other city exam instead of DQing people that would have gotten the job years ago when the salary was low and they were desperate for recruits. It's not right failing the psych or getting put on review does hurt your reputation
            NYPD did NOT lower their hiring standards during that time period you cited. Being disqualified from NYPD police employment is not certainly the end of the line for other law enforcement employment opportunities. There are opportunities for employment both upstate and out-of-state.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

              Not really all about money. It's about quality control and many more applicants than there are vacancies. Only 1 in 12 applicants is going to hired by them. NYPD does have quite stringent hiring standards as compared to upstate smaller police agencies. Takes about THREE years from the date of examination to the actual appointment of a qualified candidate. Hence the need to conduct several written exams on a yearly basis rather than ONE exam covering a four year period.
              Although what you said is true, the city generates a lot of income by administering these exams in a given time period.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

                Not really all about money. It's about quality control and many more applicants than there are vacancies. Only 1 in 12 applicants is going to hired by them. NYPD does have quite stringent hiring standards as compared to upstate smaller police agencies. Takes about THREE years from the date of examination to the actual appointment of a qualified candidate. Hence the need to conduct several written exams on a yearly basis rather than ONE exam covering a four year period.
                Yea I hear ya but less tests given less applicants it would speed up the processing time also I'd imagine the psych doctors wouldn't have to dq so many people for the littlest thing or I could be totally wrong lol just saying

                Comment


                • Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                  Yea I hear ya but less tests given less applicants it would speed up the processing time also I'd imagine the psych doctors wouldn't have to dq so many people for the littlest thing or I could be totally wrong lol just saying

                  These NYPD psychologists are NOT medical doctors! A psychiatrist is a medical doctor and they don't treat patients as the psychologist does except to dispense medication prescribed by the psychologist.

                  Comment


                  • I am curious as to how the 1 in 12 number is calculated. I tried doing it for the Jan 2016 class and I got 1 in 8

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by lillux View Post
                      I am curious as to how the 1 in 12 number is calculated. I tried doing it for the Jan 2016 class and I got 1 in 8


                      It came directly from NYPD Commissioner Bratton's address to the last academy graduation class.

                      Comment


                      • what kind of records does psych usually request?
                        assuming i have no disciplinary records, summons/tickets, psychological visits

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by lillux View Post
                          what kind of records does psych usually request?
                          assuming i have no disciplinary records, summons/tickets, psychological visits
                          Then I wouldn't worry. They could randomly request anything tho and for no specific reason.

                          Comment


                          • Quick questions guys. Anybody have experience with corrections that was dqed by NYPD. I appealed my nypd psych dq lost and now im trying my cards with DOC. any advice?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jay91 View Post
                              Quick questions guys. Anybody have experience with corrections that was dqed by NYPD. I appealed my nypd psych dq lost and now im trying my cards with DOC. any advice?
                              How and why did you lose a psych appeal? Just asking incase I get into that position. Psych requested documents, sent it to them and haven't heard back. Just curious.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by johnM83 View Post
                                How and why did you lose a psych appeal? Just asking incase I get into that position. Psych requested documents, sent it to them and haven't heard back. Just curious.
                                i was dqed based on an arrest record. In the NYPDs world you are basically guilty even if the charges are dropped and your never convitcted. You are processing for NYpd?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6808 users online. 357 members and 6451 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X