Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vic0909 View Post
    I do not know exactly what I am on review for, maybe for my job terminations.

Being terminated for cause; especially when it comes down to acts of misconduct will certainly lead to character disqualification.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
      Well if you found out that you're on investigative review from your investigator, I'm sure he would of told you if you needed to submit any paperwork. If you found out from APD then I would contact my investigator and see if there's anything he needs in order to clear the review. Chances are there's nothing needed from you and it's a matter of just waiting it out. I have no clue how long an investigative review could take, although like psych every case is different.

While that clears up, just make sure you are getting or keeping yourself in shape. You would want to be fully ready for the academy once that email arrives telling you to report for appointment. Stay positive, the negative thinking will certainly make the waiting period absolutely dreadful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the positive responce guys. I found out from calling candidate relations about my status. So I guess ai will email my investigator, i hope he will give me some info on it.

Comment

• what kind of medical records do they usually request?

I also had a small cyst removed about 10 years ago which left a scar about one inch, do i disclose that too? will they request medical records about that?

Comment

Thank you for the positive responce guys. I found out from calling candidate relations about my status. So I guess ai will email my investigator, i hope he will give me some info on it.

If your on psych review u gotta wait till thats cleared up before the investigaive side picks up again. Uphill battle dude.

Job terminations for what reason?
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Hey guys I know this gets asked a ton and I've read a thousand of these stories but I just thought I'd get your overall opinion on my chances...
            Exam 4312 hoping for July btw--
            I passed everything and am on the dreaded psychological review. My oral went well and the only part they went after me about was my Summons from 2012. I was with a female friend on the beach partially nude but not having sex. I answered all questions honestly and at the end my psych requested the official paperwork from the summons. All of it was sent in immediately and she even emailed me confirming she had all docs requested. Now does this sound like a case of a DQ? Or a year long review? Or my main question I guess is psych review sometimes just a legitimate review of new documents and if it all checks out then you get cleared relatively quickly? Thanks for everyone's time!

Comment

• Quick question guys..I'm a little confused. The psych asked for some documents before they can make a decision. Don't they already have those records? I signed a release form releasing all records and also the document they want is one I already gave my investigator as part of the background check. Is their no communication from the BI to Psych services? The document they requested they could of easily got. Just confused as to why they want me to get it?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnM83 View Post
                Quick question guys..I'm a little confused. The psych asked for some documents before they can make a decision. Don't they already have those records? I signed a release form releasing all records and also the document they want is one I already gave my investigator as part of the background check. Is their no communication from the BI to Psych services? The document they requested they could of easily got. Just confused as to why they want me to get it?
                Happened to me as well, according to my BI, Psych and BI don't communicate. Give them what they asked so you can be cleared and done with them. It's probably the step that holds up the most candidates

Comment

Happened to me as well, according to my BI, Psych and BI don't communicate. Give them what they asked so you can be cleared and done with them. It's probably the step that holds up the most candidates

My psych asked for school records. He asked about classes taken and I told him no. But now looking at my transcript for many many years ago I actually did take the class. Do you think it'll be an issue? It was an honest mistake, I haven't been to school in ages and totally forgot I had taken the class.

Comment

P.s. How long after you sent in what they requested, were you off review?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                      If your on psych review u gotta wait till thats cleared up before the investigaive side picks up again. Uphill battle dude.

His psych review won't be re-reviewed until his investigative review is cleared. Psych services won't even re look at it until apd clears that hold for his background or the red flag
                      currently employed by The State of NY

Comment

• Any tips on how to pass a oral psych exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post

Is there anyway we can talk off of the forums?

Comment

Is there anyway we can talk off of the forums?
                            Yes, you can send Vista a PM.

Comment

• http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/ex...icle-1.2575728

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nyhockeyref93 View Post
                                His psych review won't be re-reviewed until his investigative review is cleared. Psych services won't even re look at it until apd clears that hold for his background or the red flag

The process can be halted at any time since character issues may involve both position fitness and physiological flaws in the background. It doesn't take very much to disqualify a candidate going by NYPD hiring guidelines. Only 1 of 12 applicants actually make it into the police academy.
                                Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 03-24-2016, 12:01 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9818 users online. 455 members and 9363 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X