Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnM83 View Post
    Hey guys and gals, I have a question for those who took the oral interview with the psychologist. I had my interview with my psychologist and he said he needed some paperwork before he can make a decision. Typically, how long after you send the documents do you get a response back or when do they let you know of their decision? It has been several days and I haven't heard anything back.
    the doctor will make a decision after they review your paperwork and if he doesn't want to have a 2nd interview with you, call your investigator a week after your interview and they should have an answer for you

Comment

• Originally posted by johnM83 View Post
      Hey guys and gals, I have a question for those who took the oral interview with the psychologist. I had my interview with my psychologist and he said he needed some paperwork before he can make a decision. Typically, how long after you send the documents do you get a response back or when do they let you know of their decision? It has been several days and I haven't heard anything back.

There is no typical time frame. If theirs no answer in a week or two, than it can take many, many months. They do not work fast or with any kind if rule or reason
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
        There is no typical time frame. If theirs no answer in a week or two, than it can take many, many months. They do not work fast or with any kind if rule or reason
        This is what I'm most afraid about.

Comment

• Exam 1313, List expires July 10th, 2016. Put on psych review, its been 2 weeks already. I guess no chance for July class.

I heard from someone who was on review for 2 months and got cleared but that's if you really lucky.
          Last edited by Oguseynov; 03-23-2016, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oguseynov View Post
            Exam 1313, List expires July 10th, 2016. Put on psych review, its been 2 weeks already. I guess no chance for July class.

I heard from someone who was on review for 2 months and got cleared but that's if you really lucky.
            There's still time, granted not a lot but you still have a chance. I was put on review in early January and got cleared in the first week of March. It's possible but every case is different. Just follow the instructions that they gave you and follow up to ensure they aren't awaiting anything else on your behalf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thanks for the info! Hopefully, will be awaiting.

Comment

• I have been on psychological review for about 6 months now and I just found out i am also on investigative review, does anyone have suggestions? Do you think i still have a chance of becoming a police officer or are my chances becoming slim?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vic0909 View Post
                  I have been on psychological review for about 6 months now and I just found out i am also on investigative review, does anyone have suggestions? Do you think i still have a chance of becoming a police officer or are my chances becoming slim?
                  Why were you put on investigative review? What exactly is investigative review?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish_80 View Post

Investigative review means there is a negative incident in a candidate's background that warrants review to ascertain fitness for the position.

Comment

I have been on psychological review for about 6 months now and I just found out i am also on investigative review, does anyone have suggestions? Do you think i still have a chance of becoming a police officer or are my chances becoming slim?
                      Your chances of being hired are slim for NYPD.

Comment

• NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Originally posted by Irish_80 View Post
                        Investigative review is when a red flag or something questionable popped up during your back ground investigation with your APD investigator that you did not disclose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                          Investigative review is when a red flag or something questionable popped up during your back ground investigation with your APD investigator that you did not disclose.

What are the chances of getting off investigative review? Do i email my investigator or wait it out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish_80 View Post
                            I do not know exactly what I am on review for, maybe for my job terminations.

Comment

I do not know exactly what I am on review for, maybe for my job terminations.
                              Someone that I know was on investigative review for year and half, then he got cleared and got hired. so dont worry give it a time.

Comment

What are the chances of getting off investigative review? Do i email my investigator or wait it out?
                                Well if you found out that you're on investigative review from your investigator, I'm sure he would of told you if you needed to submit any paperwork. If you found out from APD then I would contact my investigator and see if there's anything he needs in order to clear the review. Chances are there's nothing needed from you and it's a matter of just waiting it out. I have no clue how long an investigative review could take, although like psych every case is different.

While that clears up, just make sure you are getting or keeping yourself in shape. You would want to be fully ready for the academy once that email arrives telling you to report for appointment. Stay positive, the negative thinking will certainly make the waiting period absolutely dreadful.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7295 users online. 389 members and 6906 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X