Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post


    How much does he want to charge you for the Article 78?? I'm guessing 5 grand easy.
    He refused to talk about anything until I've been on review for a few months but from what I read it can cost around 4 grand

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Vista View Post
      i was on review for about 6 months.
      Do u recommend waiting?? Some people are 3 months others years it makes no sense I have the money to fight it but I'd rather not do the article 78 but if I don't get the proposed dq letter for another year I probably won't have the money to fight it

      Comment


      • Originally posted by shimmy View Post
        Yea a while ago I thought they said I was good till 2018 what's the average wait time for being on review ?? Just spoke to my investigator she said try and email the psych doctor but I don't know if it's smart to reach out to him
        i reached out to my psych doctor. I emailed her, she replied within a couple of hours and she just told me that she can not update me with the status of my case and if we she ever does need any more paperwork she would contact me..

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
          i reached out to my psych doctor. I emailed her, she replied within a couple of hours and she just told me that she can not update me with the status of my case and if we she ever does need any more paperwork she would contact me..
          Wow that's crazy how they leave u in the dark I'm going to try and wait another month then see if my status changes

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BP3 View Post
            Where did you get this info?
            Post 2144

            Comment


            • Originally posted by shimmy View Post
              Wow that's crazy how they leave u in the dark I'm going to try and wait another month then see if my status changes

              As i said many times, calling is a near fruitless task. They will not discuss your case with you.

              As far as an article 78 goes- in law enforcement cases they are very, very seldomly succesful. I have flipped through many of Levines cases- he loves expensive article 78 cases but is very seldom succesful especially with law enforcemenr cases. There was one case that i read where the NYpd voluntarly made a decision (whether or not the law suit had any bearing in that is unknown). The court did not rule on the case since it was dismissed the NYPD issued their decision. So, from what i found no judge has forced a hiring decision. In fact, the only case i found the judge ruled that an agency not making a decision is not arbitrary and capricous.

              Plus- once you do the article 78 your going to ensure a dq. You better be ready to invest more in an appeal, because the article 78 is throwing a rock at a glass house.

              Out of 4 civil service attornies i had spoken too- only one pushed article 78's.

              As far as freedqinfo goes.... He posted a bunch of article 78 cases that shows how unsuccesful they are. These are not representative of civil seevice appeals which are not available online as public record. A vast majority of those never go to the courts
              Problems with a psych exam?
              Have an upcoming
              PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


              If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
              you make up your mind.
              WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



              Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

              Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
              http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Vista View Post
                As i said many times, calling is a near fruitless task. They will not discuss your case with you.

                As far as an article 78 goes- in law enforcement cases they are very, very seldomly succesful. I have flipped through many of Levines cases- he loves expensive article 78 cases but is very seldom succesful especially with law enforcemenr cases. There was one case that i read where the NYpd voluntarly made a decision (whether or not the law suit had any bearing in that is unknown). The court did not rule on the case since it was dismissed the NYPD issued their decision. So, from what i found no judge has forced a hiring decision. In fact, the only case i found the judge ruled that an agency not making a decision is not arbitrary and capricous.

                Plus- once you do the article 78 your going to ensure a dq. You better be ready to invest more in an appeal, because the article 78 is throwing a rock at a glass house.

                Out of 4 civil service attornies i had spoken too- only one pushed article 78's.

                As far as freedqinfo goes.... He posted a bunch of article 78 cases that shows how unsuccesful they are. These are not representative of civil seevice appeals which are not available online as public record. A vast majority of those never go to the courts


                Very True...... for there is life beyond NYPD.

                Comment


                • Anyone know if you are scheduled for a mini med does that mean you're cleared from psych ?


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                    Anyone know if you are scheduled for a mini med does that mean you're cleared from psych ?


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Contact APD on the forum, they can tell if you are clear for hire.


                    Sent from my House Phone!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                      Anyone know if you are scheduled for a mini med does that mean you're cleared from psych ?


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      in my case it doesn't I took my mini med before the psych interview your not clear until your investigator says your cleared by psych services

                      Comment


                      • NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

                        APD forum, you can ask them all your questions.

                        http://nypdtraineescommunity.com


                        Sent from my House Phone!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                          Anyone know if you are scheduled for a mini med does that mean you're cleared from psych ?


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Not necessarily. Their is a huge disconnect with scheduling, sort if a "linkage blindness".
                          Problems with a psych exam?
                          Have an upcoming
                          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                          If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                          you make up your mind.
                          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                          Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                          Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
                            Contact APD on the forum, they can tell if you are clear for hire.


                            Sent from my House Phone!!
                            I was under the impression thatthey defer to your investigator
                            Problems with a psych exam?
                            Have an upcoming
                            PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                            If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                            you make up your mind.
                            WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                            Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                            Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                            http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                            Comment


                            • NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

                              Originally posted by Vista View Post
                              I was under the impression thatthey defer to your investigator
                              Not true, they told me I have been cleared by psych services, investigator confirmed it as well.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                                Not true, they told me I have been cleared by psych services, investigator confirmed it as well.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                That's good news. Good luck with everything !!


                                Sent from my House Phone!!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5435 users online. 276 members and 5159 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X