Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

How much does he want to charge you for the Article 78?? I'm guessing 5 grand easy.
    He refused to talk about anything until I've been on review for a few months but from what I read it can cost around 4 grand

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
      i was on review for about 6 months.
      Do u recommend waiting?? Some people are 3 months others years it makes no sense I have the money to fight it but I'd rather not do the article 78 but if I don't get the proposed dq letter for another year I probably won't have the money to fight it

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
        Yea a while ago I thought they said I was good till 2018 what's the average wait time for being on review ?? Just spoke to my investigator she said try and email the psych doctor but I don't know if it's smart to reach out to him
        i reached out to my psych doctor. I emailed her, she replied within a couple of hours and she just told me that she can not update me with the status of my case and if we she ever does need any more paperwork she would contact me..

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
          i reached out to my psych doctor. I emailed her, she replied within a couple of hours and she just told me that she can not update me with the status of my case and if we she ever does need any more paperwork she would contact me..
          Wow that's crazy how they leave u in the dark I'm going to try and wait another month then see if my status changes

Comment

• Originally posted by BP3 View Post
            Where did you get this info?
            Post 2144

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
              Wow that's crazy how they leave u in the dark I'm going to try and wait another month then see if my status changes

As i said many times, calling is a near fruitless task. They will not discuss your case with you.

As far as an article 78 goes- in law enforcement cases they are very, very seldomly succesful. I have flipped through many of Levines cases- he loves expensive article 78 cases but is very seldom succesful especially with law enforcemenr cases. There was one case that i read where the NYpd voluntarly made a decision (whether or not the law suit had any bearing in that is unknown). The court did not rule on the case since it was dismissed the NYPD issued their decision. So, from what i found no judge has forced a hiring decision. In fact, the only case i found the judge ruled that an agency not making a decision is not arbitrary and capricous.

Plus- once you do the article 78 your going to ensure a dq. You better be ready to invest more in an appeal, because the article 78 is throwing a rock at a glass house.

Out of 4 civil service attornies i had spoken too- only one pushed article 78's.

As far as freedqinfo goes.... He posted a bunch of article 78 cases that shows how unsuccesful they are. These are not representative of civil seevice appeals which are not available online as public record. A vast majority of those never go to the courts
              Problems with a psych exam?
              Have an upcoming
              PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
              you make up your mind.
              WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
              http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                As i said many times, calling is a near fruitless task. They will not discuss your case with you.

As far as an article 78 goes- in law enforcement cases they are very, very seldomly succesful. I have flipped through many of Levines cases- he loves expensive article 78 cases but is very seldom succesful especially with law enforcemenr cases. There was one case that i read where the NYpd voluntarly made a decision (whether or not the law suit had any bearing in that is unknown). The court did not rule on the case since it was dismissed the NYPD issued their decision. So, from what i found no judge has forced a hiring decision. In fact, the only case i found the judge ruled that an agency not making a decision is not arbitrary and capricous.

Plus- once you do the article 78 your going to ensure a dq. You better be ready to invest more in an appeal, because the article 78 is throwing a rock at a glass house.

Out of 4 civil service attornies i had spoken too- only one pushed article 78's.

As far as freedqinfo goes.... He posted a bunch of article 78 cases that shows how unsuccesful they are. These are not representative of civil seevice appeals which are not available online as public record. A vast majority of those never go to the courts

Very True...... for there is life beyond NYPD.

Comment

• Anyone know if you are scheduled for a mini med does that mean you're cleared from psych ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                    Anyone know if you are scheduled for a mini med does that mean you're cleared from psych ?

Contact APD on the forum, they can tell if you are clear for hire.

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

Anyone know if you are scheduled for a mini med does that mean you're cleared from psych ?

in my case it doesn't I took my mini med before the psych interview your not clear until your investigator says your cleared by psych services

Comment

• NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

APD forum, you can ask them all your questions.

http://nypdtraineescommunity.com

Comment

Not necessarily. Their is a huge disconnect with scheduling, sort if a "linkage blindness".
                          Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                          you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
                            Contact APD on the forum, they can tell if you are clear for hire.

I was under the impression thatthey defer to your investigator
                            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Originally posted by Vista View Post
                              I was under the impression thatthey defer to your investigator
                              Not true, they told me I have been cleared by psych services, investigator confirmed it as well.

Comment

Not true, they told me I have been cleared by psych services, investigator confirmed it as well.

That's good news. Good luck with everything !!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5435 users online. 276 members and 5159 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X