Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jg60 View Post
    Period of elapsed time from my last violation has be a little less than 3 years. The avoiding traffic device and avoiding intersection would count as a dangerous violation and the improper u-turn would also.. Which adds up to 9 pts .. The other 4 have been non-dangerous moving violations at 2 points.

17 points against me overall doesn't seem too good for me. Although hopefully the fact that 4 of them were 6/7 years ago will help me. My BI for DOC told me if I received 1 more violation I would have been DQ so hopefully DOC and PD's criteria is the same.

You should be OK...just keep your jacket
    in DOC clean......don't worry about NYPD.

Comment

• As of right now, i am still going trough psychological investigations. What does this mean. I sent all documents needed to the psychologist about a month and a half ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by jg60 View Post
        Period of elapsed time from my last violation has be a little less than 3 years. The avoiding traffic device and avoiding intersection would count as a dangerous violation and the improper u-turn would also.. Which adds up to 9 pts .. The other 4 have been non-dangerous moving violations at 2 points.

17 points against me overall doesn't seem too good for me. Although hopefully the fact that 4 of them were 6/7 years ago will help me. My BI for DOC told me if I received 1 more violation I would have been DQ so hopefully DOC and PD's criteria is the same.
        Where did you get this info?

Comment

• http://cases.justia.com/new-york/oth...?ts=1446848125
          Originally posted by Reese View Post
          Check this out.....

www.freeDQinfo.com

I called the guy at the above site.. He seems very knowledgeable... Does anyone have any experience with this site?

Sounds like a disgruntled candidate. Since he posted his name, you should read the (his) case he never bothered to post on his site. Take what he says with a grain of salt. It's impossible to know administrative appeal success rates as they are private, emoloyment issues. What he posted were a montage of failed article 78 cases. I have stated repeatedly that article 78 cases in law enforcement employment cases are unsuccessful.

(synopsis of his story.... DQ by NYC DOC because he faked an attempted suicide to get discharged from the US Military). Id keep my distance from his advice.

A man who acts as his own lawyer has a fool for a client.
          Last edited by Vista; 03-08-2016, 02:21 PM.
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
            http://cases.justia.com/new-york/oth...?ts=1446848125

Sounds like a disgruntled candidate. Since he posted his name, you should read the (his) case he never bothered to post on his site. Take what he says with a grain of salt. It's impossible to know administrative appeal success rates as they are private, emoloyment issues. What he posted were a montage of failed article 78 cases. I have stated repeatedly that article 78 cases in law enforcement employment cases are unsuccessful.

(synopsis of his story.... DQ by NYC DOC because he faked an attempted suicide to get discharged from the US Military). Id keep my distance from his advice.
            I have been on psych review since December I spoke with lawyerJerold levine esq he recommended article 78 (after waiting 4 months) I was thinking of doing it since he claims the nypd will wait till my list is almost expired before sending me a proposed dq letter. What do you think vista???

Comment

http://cases.justia.com/new-york/oth...?ts=1446848125

The Bottom Line:
              Character Disqualifications are next to impossible to overturn. Period!! NY Courts have always consistently ruled in favor of the appointing authorities to hire personnel using their standard hiring guidelines on the basis that the law enforcement positions are that of a sensitive nature involving the public trust. NYC, Long Island,Rockland and Westchester Counties agencies have no recruitment problems for police and corrections positions. Thus, they do NOT have to deviate from their stringent hiring standards on the basis of negative character evaluations.

However; what Negative character issue might cause disqualification in one LE agency may NOT be a disqualifying factor in another agency. Some agencies could very well overlook "blemishes" that took place years ago as to a major metropolitan agency that would disqualify the applicant because of it irregardless of the passage of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                I have been on psych review since December I spoke with lawyerJerold levine esq he recommended article 78 (after waiting 4 months) I was thinking of doing it since he claims the nypd will wait till my list is almost expired before sending me a proposed dq letter. What do you think vista???
                Idk. You talk to any lawyers? Whens it expire?
                Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                you make up your mind.

Comment

• what kind of documents does the psych usually request?

can they ask for medical records of your parents?
                  Last edited by lillux; 03-08-2016, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Idk. You talk to any lawyers? Whens it expire?
                    My exam 4300 expires 2018. I'm afraid to go the article 78 route but I've been on review for 3 months and afraid I'll be on review for the next 2 years I'm waiting till April then I'm gonna hire levine he wouldn't get into it with me till I've been on review for at least 3 months I'm hoping he can help this is an expensive process

Comment

• Originally posted by Vic0909 View Post
                      As of right now, i am still going trough psychological investigations. What does this mean. I sent all documents needed to the psychologist about a month and a half ago.
                      what type of paperwork did you have to send back? they requested that i send my school Transcripts and been on review since Oct... might take a while

Comment

My exam 4300 expires 2018. I'm afraid to go the article 78 route but I've been on review for 3 months and afraid I'll be on review for the next 2 years I'm waiting till April then I'm gonna hire levine he wouldn't get into it with me till I've been on review for at least 3 months I'm hoping he can help this is an expensive process
                        You exam should be good further than 2018 - did you call DCAS to get the expiration date?

Comment

• Originally posted by lillux View Post
                          what kind of documents does the psych usually request?

can they ask for medical records of your parents?

No
                          Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by InTheProcess13 View Post
                            You exam should be good further than 2018 - did you call DCAS to get the expiration date?
                            Yea a while ago I thought they said I was good till 2018 what's the average wait time for being on review ?? Just spoke to my investigator she said try and email the psych doctor but I don't know if it's smart to reach out to him

Comment

Yea a while ago I thought they said I was good till 2018 what's the average wait time for being on review ?? Just spoke to my investigator she said try and email the psych doctor but I don't know if it's smart to reach out to him
                              i was on review for about 6 months.
                              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

How much does he want to charge you for the Article 78?? I'm guessing 5 grand easy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6652 users online. 271 members and 6381 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X