Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
    County....I'm going to disagree with you. There's a good chance jg will be hired by NYPD but I do not see this as a lock. His poor driving record in recent years shows a disrespect for the law and his VTL 1225 violations are not often cited in NYC or on LI. Usually saved for someone giving a cop a hard time. jg will definitely have to impress that he has greatly matured in 3 years.

LT., How well JG performs as a Correction Officer could very well be the deciding factor as to whether or not NYPD hires him. They, NYPD, as we both know, are quite stringent in their hiring standards accepting only 1 out of 12 applicants. Up this way in rural New York to get a public service position its who you know and who you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by jg60 View Post
      This is for Vista or CountyCorrectionOfficer since they seem to be the most knowledgable on this thread...

I have 4 traffic infractions in 2009 and 2010 which include

No seatbelt
      Improper use of cell phone
      Obstruction of view
      Improper u-turn

1 illegal window tint in 2012

Avoiding traffic control device and
      Avoiding intersection

I'm already on with NYCDOC in the academy now and through my research NYCDOC and NYPD mirror each other's hiring policies according to the department of investigation.

When all is said and done does anyone think my driving history will cause a DQ?

During my DOC evaluation the Psychologist didn't make a big deal out of my history; she asked about why I have so many and I simply responded that I was immature then and I've learned from my mistakes.
      It's more of a character issue than anything else. Ill look for the driver history worksheet that the investigators use. I have it somewhere. It goes by severity, proximity/frequency.
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
        It's more of a character issue than anything else. Ill look for the driver history worksheet that the investigators use. I have it somewhere. It goes by severity, proximity/frequency.
        For one thing, at least for NYPD-- one's driving history of accidents and traffic violations is important since operating an emergency vehicle is an integral part of street patrol. Thus a huge liability is present. Not so much in corrections where new hires are assigned to work the housing units.

Comment

• Thanks for the quick responses guys, really appreciate it. There's no excuse for any of my violations and in regards to the violations in 2013 (avoiding traffic control device and avoiding intersection), I cut through a gas station and once I saw those lights I turned my lights on in the car, pulled over and put my hands on the wheel asap. I was 100% respectful. Other than my traffic history I have a clean background, steady work history, no disciplinary actions, good GPA. I quit college because I didn't want to pursue my major anymore because I was working in the field already and it turned me away from the field. I started working to help support my family. I'm a first generation here in the U.S. Hopefully being a minority helps my case.
          Last edited by jg60; 03-03-2016, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Hey Vista if you can pm that worksheet that'd be great.

Again, thanks for the input everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by jg60 View Post
              Thanks for the quick responses guys, really appreciate it. There's no excuse for any of my violations and in regards to the violations in 2013 (avoiding traffic control device and avoiding intersection), I cut through a gas station and once I saw those lights I turned my lights on in the car, pulled over and put my hands on the wheel asap. I was 100% respectful. Other than my traffic history I have a clean background, steady work history, no disciplinary actions, good GPA. I quit college because I didn't want to pursue my major anymore because I was working in the field already and it turned me away from the field. I started working to help support my family. I'm a first generation here in the U.S. Hopefully being a minority helps my case.

I do want you to know that corrections is an honorable profession. Just as rewarding as being a police officer. You, as a correction officer, will have an impact on many lives. If you treat the inmates with dignity and respect-- you will receive that in return. Remember that 90% of them just want to "do their time" and return back home. Yes, there are knuckleheads that will "test" you but stand your ground and remain fair, firm and impartial.

Comment

• Can anybody tell me what this means. I'm on psych review for something to do with the HIPAA Privacy laws. I was told to contact my psychologists and I did. I asked her if their was anything she needed me to do or help her do. She responded with "At this point their is nothing you need to do. Wait to be contacted by the NYPD".

Comment

• Never heard of that. Did the psych request any documents?

Comment

• Sorry for double post but just figured it out. You are on review for a certain reason but NYPD psych won't reveal it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
                      Sorry for double post but just figured it out. You are on review for a certain reason but NYPD psych won't reveal it.
                      No they didn't that's the strange thing. I called them up one day to schedule my mini med and they dropped it on me that I'm on psych review. Weird right????

Comment

• Originally posted by Audle1228 View Post
                        No they didn't that's the strange thing. I called them up one day to schedule my mini med and they dropped it on me that I'm on psych review. Weird right????
                        No I meant in the sense that the psychologist or their supervisor may have seen some sort of red flag, and haven't made a decision. Wouldn't worry yet

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                          For one thing, at least for NYPD-- one's driving history of accidents and traffic violations is important since operating an emergency vehicle is an integral part of street patrol. Thus a huge liability is present. Not so much in corrections where new hires are assigned to work the housing units.
                          Driving records are not psycholigical issues. Although NYPD often rolls it in too the DQ, its usually a non-issue if you appeal.

On the Character side of things, yes it is an issue and its weighed heavily against candidates and, with little flexibility. In a way, a bit unreasonably. First, the adjudication / disposition of the violation does not matter. Guilty,not guilty, dismissed- all weighed the same. They are then broken down into three catagories. Alcohol (or wreckless) related (5 points each, mandatory dq after two), dangerous moving violations (3 points), non-dangerous moving violations / suspensions (2 points). They are then further weighed based on frequency and periods of elapsed time.

Why i say its unreasonable? If you get stopped for a light out, you get some summonses for a light, expired paperwork- almost as bad as a DWI even if these violations are dismissed or a judge finds you not guilty?

Now, in cases of commercial operators in which its not uncommon for Dept of Trans Inspectors (summons machines) to write 15 plus summonses (my friends record is issuing 54 in once stop, you know for Obnoxious odor, insufficient rubber on brake pedal, insufficient washer solvent, etc )- these summonses typically are issues as crimincal summonses and go to the Registered owner . Some agencies and officers instead issue them to the driver for various reasons (NYPD Traffic Enforcement Agents issue Traffic Summonses to the driver returnable to TVB because their not competent enough for real court. I was issued a summons because my reverse SIREN did not LIGHT up. Sirens do not light up. (Supreme Court has even ruled that the driver has no responsability for many of these violations- i.e. How does a driver know his corporation has not paid their insurance?) but, NYPD would view this as 15 summonses in once stop and crucify the candidate (while Nassau just asked for paperwork showing the registered owner and proof that the company paid the summons). It's not a fair criteria, and the investigators are left little room in their discretion (as i sit at work, the truck i as assigned 13 ago now has 580,000 miles and 32,381 hours. Would be a miracle never getting DOT'd and summonses )

Accidents are not mentioned on the worksheet unless they indicate some sort of wrecklessness or criminality. Now, put into perspecrive that a good portion of applicants have never held a drivers license.
                          Problems with a psych exam?
                          Have an upcoming
                          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                          you make up your mind.
                          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

Driving records are not psycholigical issues. Although NYPD often rolls it in too the DQ, its usually a non-issue if you appeal.

On the Character side of things, yes it is an issue and its weighed heavily against candidates and, with little flexibility. In a way, a bit unreasonably. First, the adjudication / disposition of the violation does not matter. Guilty,not guilty, dismissed- all weighed the same. They are then broken down into three catagories. Alcohol (or wreckless) related (5 points each, mandatory dq after two), dangerous moving violations (3 points), non-dangerous moving violations / suspensions (2 points). They are then further weighed based on frequency and periods of elapsed time.

Why i say its unreasonable? If you get stopped for a light out, you get some summonses for a light, expired paperwork- almost as bad as a DWI even if these violations are dismissed or a judge finds you not guilty?

Now, in cases of commercial operators in which its not uncommon for Dept of Trans Inspectors (summons machines) to write 15 plus summonses (my friends record is issuing 54 in once stop, you know for Obnoxious odor, insufficient rubber on brake pedal, insufficient washer solvent, etc )- these summonses typically are issues as crimincal summonses and go to the Registered owner . Some agencies and officers instead issue them to the driver for various reasons (NYPD Traffic Enforcement Agents issue Traffic Summonses to the driver returnable to TVB because their not competent enough for real court. I was issued a summons because my reverse SIREN did not LIGHT up. Sirens do not light up. (Supreme Court has even ruled that the driver has no responsability for many of these violations- i.e. How does a driver know his corporation has not paid their insurance?) but, NYPD would view this as 15 summonses in once stop and crucify the candidate (while Nassau just asked for paperwork showing the registered owner and proof that the company paid the summons). It's not a fair criteria, and the investigators are left little room in their discretion (as i sit at work, the truck i as assigned 13 ago now has 580,000 miles and 32,381 hours. Would be a miracle never getting DOT'd and summonses )

Accidents are not mentioned on the worksheet unless they indicate some sort of wrecklessness or criminality. Now, put into perspecrive that a good portion of applicants have never held a drivers license.
                            I had 7 moving violations mostly seat belts going back to 2001 like and like an idiot I got a stop sign ticket at 5 am this past Sept going into work and I got cleared on the character investigation was a false police report some lunatic filed against me that got me on psych review
                            Last edited by shimmy; 03-07-2016, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Check this out.....

www.freeDQinfo.com

I called the guy at the above site.. He seems very knowledgeable... Does anyone have any experience with this site?
                              Last edited by Reese; 03-07-2016, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Driving records are not psycholigical issues. Although NYPD often rolls it in too the DQ, its usually a non-issue if you appeal.

Last edited by jg60; 05-21-2018, 09:01 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4059 users online. 194 members and 3865 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X