Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Spoke to my school the records get deleted 1 year after graduation. With that, hopefully in a year or so I can process for another PD or civil service job and make it work. It's a shame I can't be in the NYPD because I know they're always hiring, but what can you do. What's even worse is I was 2 days away from being sworn in and got axed. This was the only hiccup on my BI so hopefully in years to come I won't have any injuries, or tickets, etc. Not like I'm anticipating that, but things happen. I figured I'd just update those who've been following my situation if anyone cares lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
      I Spoke to my school the records get deleted 1 year after graduation. With that, hopefully in a year or so I can process for another PD or civil service job and make it work. It's a shame I can't be in the NYPD because I know they're always hiring, but what can you do. What's even worse is I was 2 days away from being sworn in and got axed. This was the only hiccup on my BI so hopefully in years to come I won't have any injuries, or tickets, etc. Not like I'm anticipating that, but things happen. I figured I'd just update those who've been following my situation if anyone cares lol.

You may take solace that your NYPD BI case file is now sealed.
      The contents of which will not be revealed to anyone inquiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

You may take solace that your NYPD BI case file is now sealed.
        The contents of which will not be revealed to anyone inquiring.
        That gives me hope for other agencies. Just to verify, if I reprocess in 2020 and my test is valid until 2019 (the one I withdrew from) they will open this previously sealed BI?

Comment

That gives me hope for other agencies. Just to verify, if I reprocess in 2020 and my test is valid until 2019 (the one I withdrew from) they will open this previously sealed BI?

I believe I mentioned this several times on this forum. Yes, they will re-open and review your previously sealed file as to NOT waste any additional manpower resources in processing your application. Also, you should be aware that many of the larger metropolitan police agencies administer polygraph exams. So if you fail the polygraph for undetected crimes..................

Comment

• Originally posted by Lijames631 View Post
            What were you on review for, if you don't mind me asking. I've been on review little over a month, called last week they said the dr. Submitted Her finding on the 1/27 jus waiting for a supervisor to review it.
            Did you call psych services directly ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
              Did you call psych services directly ?
              Yea, they said waiting for a boss to go over the dr. Findings could take 6 months. My exam is up in May , looks like I'am fuc*ed.

Comment

• everyone is waiting for a supervisor to review their files lol, would being persistent help anyone with their case and show you really want the job?
                currently employed by The State of NY

Comment

• Seems like psych services are far more overwhelmed with cases than they can handle in an orderly fashion.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                    I believe I mentioned this several times on this forum. Yes, they will re-open and review your previously sealed file as to NOT waste any additional manpower resources in processing your application. Also, you should be aware that many of the larger metropolitan police agencies administer polygraph exams. So if you fail the polygraph for undetected crimes..................
                    NYC DOC, MTA, etc. it's off my record in a year there's plenty that don't poly and If they do i don't care, they know people aren't robots and make mistakes.....

Comment

• I asked my investigator what the status of my case was and he replied with "your case is under review, you will be getting a letter from the NYPD". I am assuming this is a DQ letter, because other than that i dont know what they would be sending a letter for. am i right?

Comment

• Originally posted by mikey31 View Post
                        I asked my investigator what the status of my case was and he replied with "your case is under review, you will be getting a letter from the NYPD". I am assuming this is a DQ letter, because other than that i dont know what they would be sending a letter for. am i right?
                        Yes
                        Problems with a psych exam?
                        Have an upcoming
                        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                        you make up your mind.
                        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

NYC DOC, MTA, etc. it's off my record in a year there's plenty that don't poly and If they do i don't care, they know people aren't robots and make mistakes.....

Good luck in your search.

Comment

• This is for Vista or CountyCorrectionOfficer since they seem to be the most knowledgable on this thread...

I have 4 traffic infractions in 2009 and 2010 which include

No seatbelt
                            Improper use of cell phone
                            Obstruction of view
                            Improper u-turn

1 illegal window tint in 2012

Avoiding traffic control device and
                            Avoiding intersection

I'm already on with NYCDOC in the academy now and through my research NYCDOC and NYPD mirror each other's hiring policies according to the department of investigation.

When all is said and done does anyone think my driving history will cause a DQ?

During my DOC evaluation the Psychologist didn't make a big deal out of my history; she asked about why I have so many and I simply responded that I was immature then and I've learned from my mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by jg60 View Post
                              This is for Vista or CountyCorrectionOfficer since they seem to be the most knowledgable on this thread...

I have 4 traffic infractions in 2009 and 2010 which include

No seatbelt
                              Improper use of cell phone
                              Obstruction of view
                              Improper u-turn

1 illegal window tint in 2012

Avoiding traffic control device and
                              Avoiding intersection

I'm already on with NYCDOC in the academy now and through my research NYCDOC and NYPD mirror each other's hiring policies according to the department of investigation.

NYPD hiring guidelines are still more stringent than NYCDOC. The DOI merely made recommendations to DOC and the agency was free to accept all of it, some of it or none of it. DOC did make some changes placing emphasis on applicant/ inmate contacts. Also, they placed automatic negative character dis qualifiers in place for certain incidents occurring in the background whether an arrest and/or criminal conviction takes hold or not. Termination from a public service position for cause is an automatic DQ.The passage of time would not alleviate the transgression(s) no matter how many years after the event took place.
                              --CCO

When all is said and done does anyone think my driving history will cause a DQ?

During my DOC evaluation the Psychologist didn't make a big deal out of my history; she asked about why I have so many and I simply responded that I was immature then and I've learned from my mistakes.
                              How is the rest of your
                              Background?? Any arrests?? Convictions?? How about previous employers?? Job terminations?? In corrections, its generally the senior officers doing transports (i.e. driving a departmental vehicle)--you'll be "working" the housing units. In the past year, NYCDOC has revamped their hiring practices--so it is safe to say if NYCDOC hired you--so will NYPD. Stay out of trouble, do your job at DOCs and keep your nose clean (that means stay out of other people's business in DOCs).
                              Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 03-03-2016, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• County....I'm going to disagree with you. There's a good chance jg will be hired by NYPD but I do not see this as a lock. His poor driving record in recent years shows a disrespect for the law and his VTL 1225 violations are not often cited in NYC or on LI. Usually saved for someone giving a cop a hard time. jg will definitely have to impress that he has greatly matured in 3 years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7876 users online. 394 members and 7482 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X