Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
    Sorry for double post but just figured it out. You are on review for a certain reason but NYPD psych won't reveal it.
    No they didn't that's the strange thing. I called them up one day to schedule my mini med and they dropped it on me that I'm on psych review. Weird right????

Comment

• Originally posted by Audle1228 View Post
      No they didn't that's the strange thing. I called them up one day to schedule my mini med and they dropped it on me that I'm on psych review. Weird right????
      No I meant in the sense that the psychologist or their supervisor may have seen some sort of red flag, and haven't made a decision. Wouldn't worry yet

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
        For one thing, at least for NYPD-- one's driving history of accidents and traffic violations is important since operating an emergency vehicle is an integral part of street patrol. Thus a huge liability is present. Not so much in corrections where new hires are assigned to work the housing units.
        Driving records are not psycholigical issues. Although NYPD often rolls it in too the DQ, its usually a non-issue if you appeal.

On the Character side of things, yes it is an issue and its weighed heavily against candidates and, with little flexibility. In a way, a bit unreasonably. First, the adjudication / disposition of the violation does not matter. Guilty,not guilty, dismissed- all weighed the same. They are then broken down into three catagories. Alcohol (or wreckless) related (5 points each, mandatory dq after two), dangerous moving violations (3 points), non-dangerous moving violations / suspensions (2 points). They are then further weighed based on frequency and periods of elapsed time.

Why i say its unreasonable? If you get stopped for a light out, you get some summonses for a light, expired paperwork- almost as bad as a DWI even if these violations are dismissed or a judge finds you not guilty?

Now, in cases of commercial operators in which its not uncommon for Dept of Trans Inspectors (summons machines) to write 15 plus summonses (my friends record is issuing 54 in once stop, you know for Obnoxious odor, insufficient rubber on brake pedal, insufficient washer solvent, etc )- these summonses typically are issues as crimincal summonses and go to the Registered owner . Some agencies and officers instead issue them to the driver for various reasons (NYPD Traffic Enforcement Agents issue Traffic Summonses to the driver returnable to TVB because their not competent enough for real court. I was issued a summons because my reverse SIREN did not LIGHT up. Sirens do not light up. (Supreme Court has even ruled that the driver has no responsability for many of these violations- i.e. How does a driver know his corporation has not paid their insurance?) but, NYPD would view this as 15 summonses in once stop and crucify the candidate (while Nassau just asked for paperwork showing the registered owner and proof that the company paid the summons). It's not a fair criteria, and the investigators are left little room in their discretion (as i sit at work, the truck i as assigned 13 ago now has 580,000 miles and 32,381 hours. Would be a miracle never getting DOT'd and summonses )

Accidents are not mentioned on the worksheet unless they indicate some sort of wrecklessness or criminality. Now, put into perspecrive that a good portion of applicants have never held a drivers license.
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
          Driving records are not psycholigical issues. Although NYPD often rolls it in too the DQ, its usually a non-issue if you appeal.

On the Character side of things, yes it is an issue and its weighed heavily against candidates and, with little flexibility. In a way, a bit unreasonably. First, the adjudication / disposition of the violation does not matter. Guilty,not guilty, dismissed- all weighed the same. They are then broken down into three catagories. Alcohol (or wreckless) related (5 points each, mandatory dq after two), dangerous moving violations (3 points), non-dangerous moving violations / suspensions (2 points). They are then further weighed based on frequency and periods of elapsed time.

Why i say its unreasonable? If you get stopped for a light out, you get some summonses for a light, expired paperwork- almost as bad as a DWI even if these violations are dismissed or a judge finds you not guilty?

Now, in cases of commercial operators in which its not uncommon for Dept of Trans Inspectors (summons machines) to write 15 plus summonses (my friends record is issuing 54 in once stop, you know for Obnoxious odor, insufficient rubber on brake pedal, insufficient washer solvent, etc )- these summonses typically are issues as crimincal summonses and go to the Registered owner . Some agencies and officers instead issue them to the driver for various reasons (NYPD Traffic Enforcement Agents issue Traffic Summonses to the driver returnable to TVB because their not competent enough for real court. I was issued a summons because my reverse SIREN did not LIGHT up. Sirens do not light up. (Supreme Court has even ruled that the driver has no responsability for many of these violations- i.e. How does a driver know his corporation has not paid their insurance?) but, NYPD would view this as 15 summonses in once stop and crucify the candidate (while Nassau just asked for paperwork showing the registered owner and proof that the company paid the summons). It's not a fair criteria, and the investigators are left little room in their discretion (as i sit at work, the truck i as assigned 13 ago now has 580,000 miles and 32,381 hours. Would be a miracle never getting DOT'd and summonses )

Accidents are not mentioned on the worksheet unless they indicate some sort of wrecklessness or criminality. Now, put into perspecrive that a good portion of applicants have never held a drivers license.
          I had 7 moving violations mostly seat belts going back to 2001 like and like an idiot I got a stop sign ticket at 5 am this past Sept going into work and I got cleared on the character investigation was a false police report some lunatic filed against me that got me on psych review
          Last edited by shimmy; 03-07-2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Check this out.....

www.freeDQinfo.com

I called the guy at the above site.. He seems very knowledgeable... Does anyone have any experience with this site?
            Last edited by Reese; 03-07-2016, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Driving records are not psycholigical issues. Although NYPD often rolls it in too the DQ, its usually a non-issue if you appeal.

Last edited by jg60; 05-21-2018, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jg60 View Post
                Period of elapsed time from my last violation has be a little less than 3 years. The avoiding traffic device and avoiding intersection would count as a dangerous violation and the improper u-turn would also.. Which adds up to 9 pts .. The other 4 have been non-dangerous moving violations at 2 points.

17 points against me overall doesn't seem too good for me. Although hopefully the fact that 4 of them were 6/7 years ago will help me. My BI for DOC told me if I received 1 more violation I would have been DQ so hopefully DOC and PD's criteria is the same.

You should be OK...just keep your jacket
                in DOC clean......don't worry about NYPD.

Comment

• As of right now, i am still going trough psychological investigations. What does this mean. I sent all documents needed to the psychologist about a month and a half ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by jg60 View Post
                    Period of elapsed time from my last violation has be a little less than 3 years. The avoiding traffic device and avoiding intersection would count as a dangerous violation and the improper u-turn would also.. Which adds up to 9 pts .. The other 4 have been non-dangerous moving violations at 2 points.

17 points against me overall doesn't seem too good for me. Although hopefully the fact that 4 of them were 6/7 years ago will help me. My BI for DOC told me if I received 1 more violation I would have been DQ so hopefully DOC and PD's criteria is the same.
                    Where did you get this info?

Comment

• http://cases.justia.com/new-york/oth...?ts=1446848125
                      Originally posted by Reese View Post
                      Check this out.....

www.freeDQinfo.com

I called the guy at the above site.. He seems very knowledgeable... Does anyone have any experience with this site?

Sounds like a disgruntled candidate. Since he posted his name, you should read the (his) case he never bothered to post on his site. Take what he says with a grain of salt. It's impossible to know administrative appeal success rates as they are private, emoloyment issues. What he posted were a montage of failed article 78 cases. I have stated repeatedly that article 78 cases in law enforcement employment cases are unsuccessful.

(synopsis of his story.... DQ by NYC DOC because he faked an attempted suicide to get discharged from the US Military). Id keep my distance from his advice.

A man who acts as his own lawyer has a fool for a client.
                      Last edited by Vista; 03-08-2016, 02:21 PM.
                      Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                      you make up your mind.

Comment

http://cases.justia.com/new-york/oth...?ts=1446848125

Sounds like a disgruntled candidate. Since he posted his name, you should read the (his) case he never bothered to post on his site. Take what he says with a grain of salt. It's impossible to know administrative appeal success rates as they are private, emoloyment issues. What he posted were a montage of failed article 78 cases. I have stated repeatedly that article 78 cases in law enforcement employment cases are unsuccessful.

(synopsis of his story.... DQ by NYC DOC because he faked an attempted suicide to get discharged from the US Military). Id keep my distance from his advice.
                        I have been on psych review since December I spoke with lawyerJerold levine esq he recommended article 78 (after waiting 4 months) I was thinking of doing it since he claims the nypd will wait till my list is almost expired before sending me a proposed dq letter. What do you think vista???

Comment

http://cases.justia.com/new-york/oth...?ts=1446848125

The Bottom Line:
                          Character Disqualifications are next to impossible to overturn. Period!! NY Courts have always consistently ruled in favor of the appointing authorities to hire personnel using their standard hiring guidelines on the basis that the law enforcement positions are that of a sensitive nature involving the public trust. NYC, Long Island,Rockland and Westchester Counties agencies have no recruitment problems for police and corrections positions. Thus, they do NOT have to deviate from their stringent hiring standards on the basis of negative character evaluations.

However; what Negative character issue might cause disqualification in one LE agency may NOT be a disqualifying factor in another agency. Some agencies could very well overlook "blemishes" that took place years ago as to a major metropolitan agency that would disqualify the applicant because of it irregardless of the passage of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                            I have been on psych review since December I spoke with lawyerJerold levine esq he recommended article 78 (after waiting 4 months) I was thinking of doing it since he claims the nypd will wait till my list is almost expired before sending me a proposed dq letter. What do you think vista???
                            Idk. You talk to any lawyers? Whens it expire?
                            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• what kind of documents does the psych usually request?

can they ask for medical records of your parents?
                              Last edited by lillux; 03-08-2016, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Idk. You talk to any lawyers? Whens it expire?
                                My exam 4300 expires 2018. I'm afraid to go the article 78 route but I've been on review for 3 months and afraid I'll be on review for the next 2 years I'm waiting till April then I'm gonna hire levine he wouldn't get into it with me till I've been on review for at least 3 months I'm hoping he can help this is an expensive process

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6451 users online. 448 members and 6003 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X