Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I asked my investigator what the status of my case was and he replied with "your case is under review, you will be getting a letter from the NYPD". I am assuming this is a DQ letter, because other than that i dont know what they would be sending a letter for. am i right?

Comment

• Originally posted by mikey31 View Post
      I asked my investigator what the status of my case was and he replied with "your case is under review, you will be getting a letter from the NYPD". I am assuming this is a DQ letter, because other than that i dont know what they would be sending a letter for. am i right?
      Yes
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
        NYC DOC, MTA, etc. it's off my record in a year there's plenty that don't poly and If they do i don't care, they know people aren't robots and make mistakes.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck in your search.

Comment

• This is for Vista or CountyCorrectionOfficer since they seem to be the most knowledgable on this thread...

I have 4 traffic infractions in 2009 and 2010 which include

No seatbelt
          Improper use of cell phone
          Obstruction of view
          Improper u-turn

1 illegal window tint in 2012

Avoiding traffic control device and
          Avoiding intersection

I'm already on with NYCDOC in the academy now and through my research NYCDOC and NYPD mirror each other's hiring policies according to the department of investigation.

When all is said and done does anyone think my driving history will cause a DQ?

During my DOC evaluation the Psychologist didn't make a big deal out of my history; she asked about why I have so many and I simply responded that I was immature then and I've learned from my mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by jg60 View Post
            This is for Vista or CountyCorrectionOfficer since they seem to be the most knowledgable on this thread...

No seatbelt
            Obstruction of view
            Improper u-turn

Avoiding intersection

I'm already on with NYCDOC in the academy now and through my research NYCDOC and NYPD mirror each other's hiring policies according to the department of investigation.

NYPD hiring guidelines are still more stringent than NYCDOC. The DOI merely made recommendations to DOC and the agency was free to accept all of it, some of it or none of it. DOC did make some changes placing emphasis on applicant/ inmate contacts. Also, they placed automatic negative character dis qualifiers in place for certain incidents occurring in the background whether an arrest and/or criminal conviction takes hold or not. Termination from a public service position for cause is an automatic DQ.The passage of time would not alleviate the transgression(s) no matter how many years after the event took place.
            --CCO

During my DOC evaluation the Psychologist didn't make a big deal out of my history; she asked about why I have so many and I simply responded that I was immature then and I've learned from my mistakes.
            How is the rest of your
            Background?? Any arrests?? Convictions?? How about previous employers?? Job terminations?? In corrections, its generally the senior officers doing transports (i.e. driving a departmental vehicle)--you'll be "working" the housing units. In the past year, NYCDOC has revamped their hiring practices--so it is safe to say if NYCDOC hired you--so will NYPD. Stay out of trouble, do your job at DOCs and keep your nose clean (that means stay out of other people's business in DOCs).
            Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 03-03-2016, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• County....I'm going to disagree with you. There's a good chance jg will be hired by NYPD but I do not see this as a lock. His poor driving record in recent years shows a disrespect for the law and his VTL 1225 violations are not often cited in NYC or on LI. Usually saved for someone giving a cop a hard time. jg will definitely have to impress that he has greatly matured in 3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                County....I'm going to disagree with you. There's a good chance jg will be hired by NYPD but I do not see this as a lock. His poor driving record in recent years shows a disrespect for the law and his VTL 1225 violations are not often cited in NYC or on LI. Usually saved for someone giving a cop a hard time. jg will definitely have to impress that he has greatly matured in 3 years.

LT., How well JG performs as a Correction Officer could very well be the deciding factor as to whether or not NYPD hires him. They, NYPD, as we both know, are quite stringent in their hiring standards accepting only 1 out of 12 applicants. Up this way in rural New York to get a public service position its who you know and who you are.

Comment

This is for Vista or CountyCorrectionOfficer since they seem to be the most knowledgable on this thread...

No seatbelt
                  Obstruction of view
                  Improper u-turn

Avoiding intersection

It's more of a character issue than anything else. Ill look for the driver history worksheet that the investigators use. I have it somewhere. It goes by severity, proximity/frequency.
                  Problems with a psych exam?
                  Have an upcoming
                  PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                  you make up your mind.
                  WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                  http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                    It's more of a character issue than anything else. Ill look for the driver history worksheet that the investigators use. I have it somewhere. It goes by severity, proximity/frequency.
                    For one thing, at least for NYPD-- one's driving history of accidents and traffic violations is important since operating an emergency vehicle is an integral part of street patrol. Thus a huge liability is present. Not so much in corrections where new hires are assigned to work the housing units.

Comment

• Thanks for the quick responses guys, really appreciate it. There's no excuse for any of my violations and in regards to the violations in 2013 (avoiding traffic control device and avoiding intersection), I cut through a gas station and once I saw those lights I turned my lights on in the car, pulled over and put my hands on the wheel asap. I was 100% respectful. Other than my traffic history I have a clean background, steady work history, no disciplinary actions, good GPA. I quit college because I didn't want to pursue my major anymore because I was working in the field already and it turned me away from the field. I started working to help support my family. I'm a first generation here in the U.S. Hopefully being a minority helps my case.
                      Last edited by jg60; 03-03-2016, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                        Hey Vista if you can pm that worksheet that'd be great.

Again, thanks for the input everyone.

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses guys, really appreciate it. There's no excuse for any of my violations and in regards to the violations in 2013 (avoiding traffic control device and avoiding intersection), I cut through a gas station and once I saw those lights I turned my lights on in the car, pulled over and put my hands on the wheel asap. I was 100% respectful. Other than my traffic history I have a clean background, steady work history, no disciplinary actions, good GPA. I quit college because I didn't want to pursue my major anymore because I was working in the field already and it turned me away from the field. I started working to help support my family. I'm a first generation here in the U.S. Hopefully being a minority helps my case.

I do want you to know that corrections is an honorable profession. Just as rewarding as being a police officer. You, as a correction officer, will have an impact on many lives. If you treat the inmates with dignity and respect-- you will receive that in return. Remember that 90% of them just want to "do their time" and return back home. Yes, there are knuckleheads that will "test" you but stand your ground and remain fair, firm and impartial.

Comment

• Can anybody tell me what this means. I'm on psych review for something to do with the HIPAA Privacy laws. I was told to contact my psychologists and I did. I asked her if their was anything she needed me to do or help her do. She responded with "At this point their is nothing you need to do. Wait to be contacted by the NYPD".

Comment

• Never heard of that. Did the psych request any documents?

Comment

• Sorry for double post but just figured it out. You are on review for a certain reason but NYPD psych won't reveal it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6972 users online. 383 members and 6589 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X