Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PuertoRican_COP View Post
    How long does it take to hear back from Psychological unit for a DQ? I was placed on review and they requested i get some records and i got it to them before December 22, 2015 which was the deadline. Since then I have not heard a word from them and its been almost 2 months.
    not sure but i been on review since OCT 2015. And havent heard anything..

Comment

• If you have parents on the job, does legacy play a role in the process with the psych department. Obviously if the candidate has some serious issues with mental health or other past history issues, I'm sure it wouldn't help. But if you have a clean record or minor issues do they take into consideration that your parents are on the job?, or they can careless about legacy? I know when you take the test you get five extra points for having parents on the job. From what I heard back in the day if you had parents on the job, you had a more of a greater chance of getting in with no problem, compare to someone that didn't have parents on the job. But I know things are different now and things aren't the same within the department.

Comment

• Originally posted by smooth_operator View Post
        If you have parents on the job, does legacy play a role in the process with the psych department. Obviously if the candidate has some serious issues with mental health or other past history issues, I'm sure it wouldn't help. But if you have a clean record or minor issues do they take into consideration that your parents are on the job?, or they can careless about legacy? I know when you take the test you get five extra points for having parents on the job. From what I heard back in the day if you had parents on the job, you had a more of a greater chance of getting in with no problem, compare to someone that didn't have parents on the job. But I know things are different now and things aren't the same within the department.

You could be an upstate police officer applying for NYPD and still be going thru the same motions as with any other candidate.

Comment

• Decided to go forth with the appeal. Met up with Dr. Robert Daly.

1) Has anyone here used him before? Anything positive/negative?

2) I know the likelihood of your case being overturned is on a case to case basis, but is this something that I can actually rely on happening? Or do they almost never overturn their original decisions?

If there's a decent chance of it being overturned, I'll go ahead w/ the process. However, if it rarely gets overturned, I don't want to just hand this guy a grand if it's almost impossible to reverse.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by JaeTM View Post
            Decided to go forth with the appeal. Met up with Dr. Robert Daly.

2) I know the likelihood of your case being overturned is on a case to case basis, but is this something that I can actually rely on happening? Or do they almost never overturn their original decisions?

If there's a decent chance of it being overturned, I'll go ahead w/ the process. However, if it rarely gets overturned, I don't want to just hand this guy a grand if it's almost impossible to reverse.

Thanks in advance.
            Roll the dice and take your chances but keep in mind that even if the NYC CSC reinstates your name to the list of eligilbles-- it is no guarantee that NYPD will hire you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frogman13 View Post
              Has anyone filed with the CSC in the last year? If so, have you received any updates: hearing , decisions etc

They work VERY SLOWLY due to case load.
              Problems with a psych exam?
              Have an upcoming
              PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
              you make up your mind.
              WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
              http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by JaeTM View Post
                Decided to go forth with the appeal. Met up with Dr. Robert Daly.

Thanks in advance.
                the guys i used had nothing bad to say about him- but, a few things i did not like...

1) no discussing stuff over the phone. Hes all about getting you in to see him.

2) He advertises that he was a psych services director; but he was an interim director for a short period. (Working at psych services is a civil service exam that does not demonstrate proficiency).

3) He is not a local guy. He live's in Michigan, (from what i understand) and flys in to handle these cases.

With that said, i was told he writes a good report. If you decide to use a lawyer i reccomend rob kronenberg
                Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBombers View Post
                  I have decided to appeal my failed psych for the NYCDOC. I feel like the oral and written psych went well, and they failed me because I failed the NYPD psych in the past. I got in touch with a psychologist who does appeals he is going to request the records from the NYCDOC. My goal is to become a Nassau County Police Officer. With that in mind should I stop continuing with the appeal process after I get my records on why I failed or should I pay the psychologist $2,000 out of pocket to perform the tests on me to get his personal evaluation and continue to appeal process with NYCDOC. Will a passing evaluation from a psychologist outside the police department be a determining factor in helping me land a job with the NCPD?
                  Will it be a determining factor? Maybe. Depends Nassau will do their thing, read Your DQ and read your appeal. Depends on how they weigh each thing.
                  Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by smooth_operator View Post
                    If you have parents on the job, does legacy play a role in the process with the psych department. Obviously if the candidate has some serious issues with mental health or other past history issues, I'm sure it wouldn't help. But if you have a clean record or minor issues do they take into consideration that your parents are on the job?, or they can careless about legacy? I know when you take the test you get five extra points for having parents on the job. From what I heard back in the day if you had parents on the job, you had a more of a greater chance of getting in with no problem, compare to someone that didn't have parents on the job. But I know things are different now and things aren't the same within the department.
                    politics are still alive and well within the NYPD, however it is u likely that it will have any bearing with the Psych side of things.
                    Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                      politics are still alive and well within the NYPD, however it is u likely that it will have any bearing with the Psych side of things.

If politics were alive and well in NYPD; the local city councilman would place a phone call to the NYPD big wigs telling them "so-and-so", who lives in his councilmatic district, is a good kid and ought to be hired by NYPD in spite his minor character flaws/foibles that the background investigation revealed.

Comment

Vista I don't agree and I'll tell you why last academy class there was a deputy chief on the job who had all 3 of his son's get in the same academy class I believe channel 7 eye witness news did a story on this. The 1 in 10 rule didn't apply to his son's I guess or maybe just luck, highly doubtful. You don't think phone calls were made while his son's were processing ? Pat Lynch's son got in no problem, I guess the 1 in 10 rule didn't apply to him either. What about chief Fox's son, I could go on and on. Don't kid yourself politics is alive and well in the NYPD.

Comment

• Originally posted by RETIRED 03 View Post
                          Vista I don't agree and I'll tell you why last academy class there was a deputy chief on the job who had all 3 of his son's get in the same academy class I believe channel 7 eye witness news did a story on this. The 1 in 10 rule didn't apply to his son's I guess or maybe just luck, highly doubtful. You don't think phone calls were made while his son's were processing ? Pat Lynch's son got in no problem, I guess the 1 in 10 rule didn't apply to him either. What about chief Fox's son, I could go on and on. Don't kid yourself politics is alive and well in the NYPD.
                          Deputy inspector, not a chief

Comment

• Originally posted by RETIRED 03 View Post
                            What is the 1 in 10 rule?

Just because their kids got in no problem, like many others, does not mean their was any nepotism at play
                            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

Just because their kids got in no problem, like many others, does not mean their was any nepotism at play
                              I never heard of a "1 in 10" rule in civil service appointments; the OP might have meant One of out every Ten applicants who have taken the written exam get selected for appointment. The rest fall along the wayside for whatever reason.

The NYCDOC recently revamped their hiring practices due to a highly critical report issued by the NYC Dept. of Investigation. The report, which analyzed a sampling of 150 new hires, cited many candidates hired had multiple police arrests, disqualified from NYPD due to psych and negative character reasons, one was terminated from his security guard job for stealing, and candidates who had relatives/friends incarcerated in the NYC jails.

As a result, the NYCDOC Director and Deputy Commissioner for Personnel were both replaced and new hiring guidelines were implemented.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/doi/download...aiu_011515.pdf
                              Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 02-26-2016, 05:39 AM.

Comment

If you read the NYCDOI report link that I posted; you will learn that NYPD candidates go thru many layers of review stages before being hired.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9252 users online. 396 members and 8856 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X