Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone, I am on oral psych review about to be 7 months .... I did not receive any mail or call. I don't know whats going on I used to call Nypd auto phone to find out .. auto phone Nummber don't work any more I guess...... Can someone help what should I do .. Or just play the waiting game.. ..

Comment

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
      OK no problem , it's agains the law( i did not know that, NOW I DO ).I accept it like man and apologise for any of my post that gave the wrong info on. I am not going make it a big deal, if am wrong, am wrong. And at list i was just giving the wrong info in good faith. Sorry about that, and sorry about the spelling errors, yeah i know two languages and the fact that i speak one, more then the other is little hard not try mix it.Give me a break smart guy, i can tell you am working on it and i appreciate when someone tell me about a wrong word or any grammar issued. I am not a out of town guy, i speak two languages and NYC school system is not the best either and most times it can be a challenge for me.
      The above is your reply to nyc7011. Please let me direct you to your post, #130,

06-10-2012, 11:55 PM #130 nycapomts
      View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Add as Contact

Forum Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts:163Yeah i will, it just that i get eager to "help others out " and start free-writing not knowing that is a forum criticised by perfect writers. !! sorry for the TYPOS TROOPER !! Share
      Share this post on
      DiggDel.icio.usTechnoratiTwitter|
      LikeExam: 8329 List: 5$#

First, I do wish you good luck in your quest to join the ranks of the NYPD. It has and continues to be my home for 30+ yrs. Do not be ashamed that you have not yet mastered english, as these days the job could care less. What I have a problem with is your honesty. In the above and previous posts to allude to the fact you are speed typing and therefore have made errors. We here know better. We would have appreciated it more if you fessed up sooner. None of us are perfect, including yours truly. I don't know it all and every day is a learning experience.

As many here have told you, Psych reviews are "THEE" hardest review/DQ to fight in the NYPD process. That said I again wish you good luck.
      Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

• Originally posted by 1911user View Post
        The above is your reply to nyc7011. Please let me direct you to your post, #130,

06-10-2012, 11:55 PM #130 nycapomts
        View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Add as Contact

Forum Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts:163Yeah i will, it just that i get eager to "help others out " and start free-writing not knowing that is a forum criticised by perfect writers. !! sorry for the TYPOS TROOPER !! Share
        Share this post on
        DiggDel.icio.usTechnoratiTwitter|
        LikeExam: 8329 List: 5$#

First, I do wish you good luck in your quest to join the ranks of the NYPD. It has and continues to be my home for 30+ yrs. Do not be ashamed that you have not yet mastered english, as these days the job could care less. What I have a problem with is your honesty. In the above and previous posts to allude to the fact you are speed typing and therefore have made errors. We here know better. We would have appreciated it more if you fessed up sooner. None of us are perfect, including yours truly. I don't know it all and every day is a learning experience.

As many here have told you, Psych reviews are "THEE" hardest review/DQ to fight in the NYPD process. That said I again wish you good luck.
        OK thanks for the regards , i almost forgot all about this , little long ago. Also i did say the true at all times.
        Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Originally posted by Sha View Post
          Hi everyone, I am on oral psych review about to be 7 months .... I did not receive any mail or call. I don't know whats going on I used to call Nypd auto phone to find out .. auto phone Nummber don't work any more I guess...... Can someone help what should I do .. Or just play the waiting game.. ..
          I dont think they just take you off psych review...its an active process. Im not familiar with the process but if your waiting for them to change your status Im pretty sure youll be waiting a life time.

Comment

• Hey guys, this is kind of a unique situation, but last year I suffered from a concussion (not my first.) But for my meds the doctor prescribed me anti-depressants to help me sleep, as with PCS sleep is sometimes an issue. I was not prescribed because I was depressed. Will this look bad? I know depression is a no no.

Comment

• My question is seperate from the current discussion and i didnt want to open a new thread but, I scrolled through the APD and didn't see anything asking if you have friends or relations with any current officers (purposefully disregarding the reference page) but does it ever come up in the psych or any point in processing if you have friends or relatives or boyfriend or girlfriend in the NYPD? Or is that information irrelevant?

Comment

• Originally posted by daguan47 View Post
                My question is seperate from the current discussion and i didnt want to open a new thread but, I scrolled through the APD and didn't see anything asking if you have friends or relations with any current officers (purposefully disregarding the reference page) but does it ever come up in the psych or any point in processing if you have friends or relatives or boyfriend or girlfriend in the NYPD? Or is that information irrelevant?
                Yea it DEFINATELY comes up.

You have to list everyone related to you and thier jobs, numbers, addresses if theyve ever been arrested. Uncles, aunts, cousins, sisters, brothers, half sisters, half brothers, parents, grandparents.

Everything comes up. There's nothing they don't want to know to be quite honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by atsteele View Post
                  Hey guys, this is kind of a unique situation, but last year I suffered from a concussion (not my first.) But for my meds the doctor prescribed me anti-depressants to help me sleep, as with PCS sleep is sometimes an issue. I was not prescribed because I was depressed. Will this look bad? I know depression is a no no.
                  They are probably going to ask you to get a note from the doctor stating that you were prescribed a medication and why and they will also look into That medication and see if it is normally prescribed for that ailment.

Now the reason a doctor would prescribe anti-depressants for a concussion is "post-concussion syndrome" and the symptoms of that are anxiety and depression. So that is going to be a red flag, to what extent I can not answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by JOEQUEENSNY View Post
                    Yea it DEFINATELY comes up.

You have to list everyone related to you and thier jobs, numbers, addresses if theyve ever been arrested. Uncles, aunts, cousins, sisters, brothers, half sisters, half brothers, parents, grandparents.

Everything comes up. There's nothing they don't want to know to be quite honest.
                    Thanks Joe, I saw the part about tracing your lineage back to the medieval times on the form, but I meant a little more particular about friends or others who are currently in the NYPD. But I guess it'll eIther come up or it wont.

Comment

• Interesting, but how would you possibly know if a brother, sister, cousin, aunt, or uncle ever got arrested unless they decided to tell you? Unless they lived w/ you and didn't come home one night, got held on high bail or remand, or it was a big f*&in deal that was in the paper or on the news, why would they bother to suffer the embarrassment?
                      Last edited by soon2retire; 08-30-2012, 08:10 PM.
                      RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• edited post
                        Last edited by NY2bPD; 09-06-2012, 11:39 AM.
                        NYPD
                        EXAM 1315
                        List: XXX
                        APD: 09/10/12

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                          Interesting, but how would you possibly know if a brother, sister, cousin, aunt, or uncle ever got arrested unless they decided to tell you? Unless they lived w/ you and didn't come home one night, got held on high bail or remand, or it was a big f*&in deal that was in the paper or on the news, why would they bother to suffer the embarrassment?
                          you put them all down ... if someone was arrested and you didnt know then you didnt know. if it comes up and they ask just tell the truth...you didnt know...then you have to fill out a form stating that you werent aware etc.
                          Last edited by JOEQUEENSNY; 09-06-2012, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by daguan47 View Post
                            My question is seperate from the current discussion and i didnt want to open a new thread but, I scrolled through the APD and didn't see anything asking if you have friends or relations with any current officers (purposefully disregarding the reference page) but does it ever come up in the psych or any point in processing if you have friends or relatives or boyfriend or girlfriend in the NYPD? Or is that information irrelevant?
                            Matter of fact, YES. when I went to the psych interview ( 30+ yrs ago) after a few brief questions, the psych doc asked me if anyone OTJ told or promised me that I would be hired or when the class would start. Thinking about it now, I remember it like it was yesterday. I told him YES! He began to ask the next question when my answer sunk in. He asked again, same answer. I told him I'd be in the January 26th class, his eyes got wide. I told him Pat Murphy, Chief of Operations (now called the Chief of Dept. ) told me. He smiled, interview over, good luck.....
                            Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

• I understand your point. My point is why are THEY (PD) asking YOU (applicant) if some relative has ever been arrested. It's really none of your business. They should ask you to list your relatives and then THEY can investigate whether said relative ever been arrested. If, for example, a relatives' case was dismissed and sealed under 160.50 CPL(http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/CPL/TWO/H/160/160.60 ) the PD would not be legally entitled to know about it as the relative is not applying for the job-you are. Why should you be put in the position to divulge something that the PD is not entitled to know, and could put you in an awkward position w/ a family member if you reported it?
                              Originally posted by JOEQUEENSNY View Post
                              you put them all down ... if someone was arrested and you didnt know then you didnt know. if it comes up and they ask just tell the truth...you didnt know...then you have to fill out a form stating that you werent aware etc.
                              Last edited by soon2retire; 09-06-2012, 08:36 PM.
                              RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                                I understand your point. My point is why are THEY (PD) asking YOU (applicant) if some relative has ever been arrested. It's really none of your business. They should ask you to list your relatives and then THEY can investigate whether said relative ever been arrested. If, for example, a relatives' case was dismissed and sealed under 160.50 CPL(http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/CPL/TWO/H/160/160.60 ) the PD would not be legally entitled to know about it as the relative is not applying for the job-you are. Why should you be put in the position to divulge something that the PD is not entitled to know, and could put you in an awkward position w/ a family member if you reported it?
                                NYPD is entitled to know anything they want about an applicant. including everything about your family...the moment you decide something they ask isn't thier business you will just not be hired. We don't get to tell them what is right or wrong as applicants or as employees. it's not a democracy it's a hierarchy...that goes for law enforcement, EMS, FD or any paramilitary job and it's run by protocols and standing orders here in NY

If they want to know who your cousin dated in high school tell them...don't try to figure out why they asked you a question if they "should or should not" go about something a different way... just try to figure out an answer. simple as that...and Im not saying it to be a d**k im just playing devils advocate...

If your relationship with a family member is effected then that's a choice you have to prioritize, but make sure its prioritized with the understanding that it could cost you a job...weather you feel that is what should be done or not.

there is going to be times in this line of work (I'm speaking from even and EMS POV) that we might have to follow an order we don't agree with ... amirite?

what should be done in an individuals eyes is irrelevant. they do what they want hire who they want...everyone is replaceable.
                                Last edited by JOEQUEENSNY; 09-07-2012, 12:55 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9952 users online. 462 members and 9490 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X