Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
    Ehh, Stole Something, got caught, then got caught lieing about it.... Thats the angle NYPD is going to take in the DQ. I do know that those two civil service takes seriously- and in the city their a pretty liberal bunch.
    NYPD, NCPD, NCSO,SCPD, SCSO, WCPDS, PAPD, NYSDCCS, NYCDOC and WCDOC have quite rigid hiring and retention guidelines. And they do NOT deviate from these guidelines no matter how much time has passed since the last negative act of misconduct that would "normally" disqualify.

Police and correctional administrators downstate tend to be very conservative in hiring personnel. Negative character disqualifications are next to impossible to overturn. The state courts will always uphold their hiring determinations, when challenged, and will not interfere.
    Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 02-11-2016, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys.
      I was placed on review the January 11 called psych department they said my doctor submitted her findings on the 27th just waiting on the supervisor ,I'm still in review just have to wait for a letter. Does that sound like a good thing ?

Thanks guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lijames631 View Post
        Hey guys.
        I was placed on review the January 11 called psych department they said my doctor submitted her findings on the 27th just waiting on the supervisor ,I'm still in review just have to wait for a letter. Does that sound like a good thing ?

Thanks guys.
        Turn on PM then get Tapatalk App.

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
          Turn on PM then get Tapatalk App.

Sent from my House Phone!!
          think I did it

Comment

• Lijames,

If you want solid information, ask Vista. The rest of the applicants can't tell you anything because they don't know. Do NOT follow their advice.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
              Lijames,

If you want solid information, ask Vista. The rest of the applicants can't tell you anything because they don't know. Do NOT follow their advice.
              Thanks brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lijames631 View Post
                Thanks brother.

Be patient as NYPD applicant screening is a long, arduous process. You will hear from them one way or another.

Comment

• Has anyone here been able to contact the psych department lately? Iv called 718-760-7557 and 972-7553 for the last two weeks, but no one ever picks up or answers messages.
                  Exam 2302 List# 2xx
                  Medical Nov/13
                  Written and oral psych Nov/13
                  Character investigation - Jan/14
                  JST-Mar/14
                  mini med - May/14

Comment

• I was dq because I was arrested 4x between 2007-2014. I don't have any convictions. 2 were dismissed and sealed. 1 expunged and the 1st I just have a violation on my record ( no misdemeanor or felony) I was dq for character. Do I have a chance at winning appeal?

Comment

• College girl....4 arrests ending in 2014 will pretty much end your chances. We're all the arrests in NY? Very limited "expungement" in NY. The arrests show a major character flaw that will be extremely difficult to overcome, even with no convictions.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY2302 View Post
                        Has anyone here been able to contact the psych department lately? Iv called 718-760-7557 and 972-7553 for the last two weeks, but no one ever picks up or answers messages.
                        Yeah I've been trying but no one ever picks up psych department is next to impossible to get on the phone

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCcollegeGirl View Post
                          I was dq because I was arrested 4x between 2007-2014. I don't have any convictions. 2 were dismissed and sealed. 1 expunged and the 1st I just have a violation on my record ( no misdemeanor or felony) I was dq for character. Do I have a chance at winning appeal?

What were the arrest(s) for?? In any event, review post #2043. Try applying for upstate and out-of-state law enforcement positions. You might have a shot at employment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                            College girl....4 arrests ending in 2014 will pretty much end your chances. We're all the arrests in NY? Very limited "expungement" in NY. The arrests show a major character flaw that will be extremely difficult to overcome, even with no convictions.
                            She could probably get a correction officer position in the upstate county jails. Female officers in county jails come at a premium; turn-over for them is extremely high.

Comment

• How long does it take to hear back from Psychological unit for a DQ? I was placed on review and they requested i get some records and i got it to them before December 22, 2015 which was the deadline. Since then I have not heard a word from them and its been almost 2 months.
                              Exams Taken:
                              NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
                              NYPDPC Exam 2214
                              APD5- Complete
                              Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
                              Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
                              Mini Med - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                                College girl....4 arrests ending in 2014 will pretty much end your chances. We're all the arrests in NY? Very limited "expungement" in NY. The arrests show a major character flaw that will be extremely difficult to overcome, even with no convictions.
                                The one expunged was in Fl.
                                It's not like I just go around getting arrested
                                I obtained a bachelors degree volunteered and worked at several non profits over the years

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7939 users online. 204 members and 7735 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X