Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JaeTM View Post
    Sure. My interview primarily had to deal with my alcohol usage. I told her that I just drink socially but I've had times throughout college that I've gotten too drunk and blacked out (who hasn't? But apparently through some research a lot of people have had this problem). She went into great detail about how many drinks it takes to get me drunk, do I drink alone, when was the last time I got sick from drinking, etc. It had to have been about 80% of the interview give or take. I very very rarely drink at all throughout the week and it's basically just a Friday/Saturday thing and it isn't always something I do. I've gone weeks without a drink, to which I told her. I basically just do it when I get together with my friends for the most part.

I haven't done a single drug (not even marijuana), never smoked a cigarette, no traffic violations or parking violations. No arrest history. Never was disciplined in school (other then a detention but I can't even remember if this was asked or not) or work.

I really thought that I was going to be fine going into this whole process, so to be DQed is pretty discouraging; especially after all I've gone through so far. Waiting 2 years just to get it started was hard enough!
    Damn. Well being that you told them you've gotten blacked out a few times shows you may have a drinking Issue in their eyes. They probably asked you about the endless alcohol questions to see if you were consistent and you probably had a few answers that weren't. Only thing you can really do is contact a lawyer and try to appeal it. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Pete......Hopefully you will succeed in finding a LE position. What you will learn on the job is that every interaction with a LEO is recorded somewhere. So even though no official action was taken against you, once campus officers were involved your name was recorded. This type of incident hangs up many candidates across the profession. And as data storage becomes more refined, these situations will only occur more frequently. Today, full disclosure means absolutely that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
        Pete......Hopefully you will succeed in finding a LE position. What you will learn on the job is that every interaction with a LEO is recorded somewhere. So even though no official action was taken against you, once campus officers were involved your name was recorded. This type of incident hangs up many candidates across the profession. And as data storage becomes more refined, these situations will only occur more frequently. Today, full disclosure means absolutely that.

LT., what I want to add to your comments is that on many police candidate applications they ask about "undetected crimes" or acts of misbehavior, drug usage etc. And many of these agencies do polygraph testings of their applicants. If you don't pass the polygraph examination on background matters...you don't get the job.
        Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 02-09-2016, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
          Damn. Well being that you told them you've gotten blacked out a few times shows you may have a drinking Issue in their eyes. They probably asked you about the endless alcohol questions to see if you were consistent and you probably had a few answers that weren't. Only thing you can really do is contact a lawyer and try to appeal it. Best of luck.

Drinking to blacking out isn't "you may..." It IS an issue. A serious one. Let us thank them for catching it and not allowing tae to go further in the process. As to appealing it. What is there to base an appeal on?
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I withdrew from an exam last month and took exam 4324 in March 2014 which is due to receive their APD-5 next per APD. Would I receive this still or not, and would you advise even filling it out. I know you know my situation @countycorrections

Yes, I am aware of your circumstances despite the fact you previously stated in an earlier posting that I do not know all the details. Now to answer your question. Every candidate who passed a NYPD entry level civil service exam will receive paperwork (APD-5) from them to complete--even those whom were previously DQed, dropped out of the process, former employees seeking re-employment consideration etc.

You can complete the APD-5, albeit truthfully of course; then return the document back to them in the manner they specify. Upon review of the document;they will check your previously sealed candidate BI file and most likely will send you a notice of disqualification.

Again, as I have stated; given the passage of time--another police agency might extend employment consideration to you based upon on your "record as a whole".
            Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 02-09-2016, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
              Drinking to blacking out isn't "you may..." It IS an issue. A serious one. Let us thank them for catching it and not allowing tae to go further in the process. As to appealing it. What is there to base an appeal on?
              I'm not a lawyer so I couldn't tell you. He can at least try to see his options

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Yes, I am aware of your circumstances despite the fact you previously stated in an earlier posting that I do not know all the details. Now to answer your question. Every candidate who passed a NYPD entry level civil service exam will receive paperwork (APD-5) from them to complete--even those whom were previously DQed, dropped out of the process, former employees seek re-employment consideration etc.

You can complete the APD-5, albeit truthfully of course; then return the document it back to them in the manner they specify. Upon review of the document;they will check your previously sealed candidate BI file and most likely will send you a notice of disqualification.

Again, as I have stated; given the passage of time--another police agency might extend employment consideration to you based upon on your "record as a whole".
                Roger. For NC Auxiliary I was going to say exactly what happened to the deputy officer before the BI begins to see his point of view.

Comment

Exactly. If I knew it was on file I would've mentioned it. I could run around in circles forever with this just have to focus on the future.

Thats why i have always said long before you fill out APD forms, you shoukd contact every school, employer, etc and ask for every record they have on you.....
                  Last edited by Vista; 02-09-2016, 11:25 AM.
                  Problems with a psych exam?
                  Have an upcoming
                  PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                  you make up your mind.
                  WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                  http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                    They kinda dug them self a ditch.... Instead of chalking it off to a college incident they volunteered info demonstrating ongoing alcohol abuse (at least how it sounds to me). Id at least appeal to get the records and see if their narrative as psych services has it written down can be rebutted, or re-explained in a better context.

I think i had the best answer to why i drink alcohol?

Do you usually drink to get drunk? No.

Then why do you drink if you dont intend to get drunk? "Well, honestly i like the bitterness of IPA's when im eating hot spicy wings- and dry red wine's with my steak. But, beer makes me fat and good red wine costs too much , so i usually stick to club soda."

There was silence and a suprised stare. Topic dropped
                    Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                    you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                      Thats why i have always said long before you fill out APD forms, you shoukd contact every school, employer, etc and ask for every record they have on you.....
                      Well can't do anything about it now. I even had the dean write a letter saying I wasn't disciplined but he sent it after I withdrew, go figure.

Comment

Well can't do anything about it now. I even had the dean write a letter saying I wasn't disciplined but he sent it after I withdrew, go figure.

You seem to be missing the point. Don't matter whether you were disciplined or NOT. What is documented was that you stole property. These are called "undetected crimes". The only way you could have disputed it is if you denied it. Which you haven't. It would be the same if you were administered a polygraph exam and the examiner starts asking you about drug use and "undetected crimes" and you respond "NO" while the polygraph machine shows significant stress reaction in your responses.
                        Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 02-09-2016, 01:54 PM.

Comment

You seem to be missing the point. Don't matter whether you were disciplined or NOT. What is documented was that you stole property. These are called "undetected crimes". The only way you could have disputed it is if you denied it. Which you haven't. It would be the same if you were administered a polygraph exam and the examiner starts asking you about drug use and "undetected crimes" and you respond "NO" while the polygraph machine shows significant stress reaction in your responses.
                          Are you a Nassau County CO? Filing is available for it. I'm going to give it a go.

Comment

Are you a Nassau County CO? Filing is available for it. I'm going to give it a go.

No, I don't work for the Nassau County Sheriff's Office. Good luck on the written exam scheduled for April.

Comment

No, I don't work for the Nassau County Sheriff's Office. Good luck on the written exam scheduled for April.
                              Thank you. I understand LE is rather a toss up considering what took place, but have to give myself options. If all else fails I have a BBA this May, so there's other paths I can go down.

Comment

Ehh, Stole Something, got caught, then got caught lieing about it.... Thats the angle NYPD is going to take in the DQ. I do know that those two civil service takes seriously- and in the city their a pretty liberal bunch.
                                Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7778 users online. 395 members and 7383 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X