Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As it should be.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lijames631 View Post
      The same thing happen to me . Took my oral psych 3 weeks ago was put on review for high school Records, my school faxed them over and I can't get any answers or anything. My dr is Part time so she doesn't have a email. And my exam expires in May and I can't do my JST OR MIN-MED until am off review.
      I got called for jst and mini while on review. Their is a total disconnect with scheduling unit. Frankly, its a waste of time doing either while on review. They only last 6-12 months and must he repeated- you could easily be on review that long.
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post
        ...you realize that once you re-open you're going to be held up by psych, too right?. I really don't get why people take this sort of risk. Psych also digs into backgrounds--you're BI and psych work together, for all you know, psych passed this to APD, if they didn't, then APD is sending it in a memo to psych.

You didn't disclose it because you didn't think anyone would find out. Those are the clear facts that you've given them to go on. If you're going to lie to get the job, they expect that you're going to lie once you're on it. Just because there isn't a record, doesn't mean it didn't happen...just like OJ wasn't convicted of murder...doesn't mean he didn't do it.

Failire to disclose / deception / lieing- is the worst type of disqualifications. It has sure and lasting implications on all future applications.
        Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
          So I'll go through psych, big deal. I went through psych the first time and passed. I don't have anything to hide from them regarding what took place. I didn't disclose it because it asked for disciplinary action from school. I wasn't disciplined. The matter was over and done with in 20 minutes. My investigator called me and asked what happened. I wrote a few statements and was on my way. I was called later on and said its a no go to the academy and advisable to withdraw. The main thing they're ****ed about is that I didn't tell em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          To tell you the truth- if that IS what happaned and that is all thats negative in your history, i wouldnt withdraw.
          Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by JaeTM View Post
            I understand what you're saying, but like I said, those were in my college days. I'm 25 now so it's not like it hasn't happened in a few years. But, she formed an opinion and obviously they're sticking to it. I'm not trying to convince anyone here.

My question was, at this point in time, am I heading to the way of an attorney as they'll never reverse their decision? If so, I'll just withdraw now. But if all I have to do is get a psychologist and she can vouch for me and the NYPD will give me a 2nd interview I'll do it.
            If you withdraw, your psychological record delineating your disqualification will always remain with NYPD and will always be there too haunt you. If you appeal, you will benefit in two ways for sure- 1) You will be able to view your records, and understand what everyone else will see on future applications 2) You will be able to have a record in hand, addressing NYPD's concern's and correcting any possible false perceptions by NYPD's psychologist.

Also, if you appeal- NYPD Civil Service Commision is one of the most liberal Civil Service Commision's. They frequently overturn NYPD Psych Cases- and in some cases went as far as chastising NYPD Psych. For what they felt to be frivolous determinations. They do know that there are NYPD Psychologists who are good, and some who's reports tend to be disjointed and make no sense. (My Original NYpD Psychologist was terminated by NYPD)

before you withdraw, call Rob Kronenberg- 631-234-4434. He will spend a good 20 minutes explaining everything, your options, their implications, etc. he does not charge for this. If you decide not to go through with it, he will never call back and nag you to retain him. You have nothing to lose by calling him. He's the only one that ive found that will talk to you, candidly by phone- without immideately talking prices and pressuring you to come in for an appointment (and charge a consult fee)

He and Dr Lerner, who handle the appeal cases with him do have a very good working relationship with the Civil Service Commision, as well. They have consulted with him (Kronenberg) on issues in the passed. He also has a good repore with Psych Services director- he is a common name down there. He know's the NYPD, how they work, what to do and what not to do (like he advised against article 78's even know he coulda charged thousands of dollars for them).

Id never withdraw- heres how future LEO Interviews will go..

What Happaned with NYPD?

I withdrew.

Why?

I was going to be disqualified. (Your only answer, because thats what the record will show when they request it).

Good luck- if you speak to him, tell him i said hello. Havent spoken to them in some time.
            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
              Ever thought that JUST MAYBE the shrink is right and some should not be cops..? It amazes me how everyone here immediately "knows" , based on THEIR personal opinions, that they are the victims of the psych exam. There is a reason you failed.
              I'll concede that they do get it right, often. But- one also must concede they do get it wrong frequently as well (hiring a cannibal cop, a cop who detonated a pipe bomb near another officers house, etc).

My initial decision too appeal, was so i could review my own records and decide from there. I expected to read something much more concise and detailed abut my self, but instead was a one or two page narrative that was largely taken out of context (at minimum) and actually was factually innacurate. Interestingly, the Psychologists handwritten notes were for the most part contextually accurate- yet her offical report contradicted her handwritten notes. Candidates should
              be glad shes no longer there (now is a inmate counselor at rikers).

Theirs good and bad in every profession- even psychologists, medical doctors, etc. even the ones who graduate bottom
              of their class still get the professional designation. If a Doctor told me
              i needed surgery- i'd get a second opinion too. I think dq'd candidates owe it to them selves to read whats written about them, and introspectively think about it from there. (Also gives a good reference point on how to change for the future).
              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                Failire to disclose / deception / lieing- is the worst type of disqualifications. It has sure and lasting implications on all future applications.

Quick quiz for you. Do you know what a misstatement (or omission) of material fact is??

Comment

If you withdraw, your psychological record delineating your disqualification will always remain with NYPD and will always be there too haunt you. If you appeal, you will benefit in two ways for sure- 1) You will be able to view your records, and understand what everyone else will see on future applications 2) You will be able to have a record in hand, addressing NYPD's concern's and correcting any possible false perceptions by NYPD's psychologist.

Also, if you appeal- NYPD Civil Service Commision is one of the most liberal Civil Service Commision's. They frequently overturn NYPD Psych Cases- and in some cases went as far as chastising NYPD Psych. For what they felt to be frivolous determinations. They do know that there are NYPD Psychologists who are good, and some who's reports tend to be disjointed and make no sense. (My Original NYpD Psychologist was terminated by NYPD)

before you withdraw, call Rob Kronenberg- 631-234-4434. He will spend a good 20 minutes explaining everything, your options, their implications, etc. he does not charge for this. If you decide not to go through with it, he will never call back and nag you to retain him. You have nothing to lose by calling him. He's the only one that ive found that will talk to you, candidly by phone- without immideately talking prices and pressuring you to come in for an appointment (and charge a consult fee)

He and Dr Lerner, who handle the appeal cases with him do have a very good working relationship with the Civil Service Commision, as well. They have consulted with him (Kronenberg) on issues in the passed. He also has a good repore with Psych Services director- he is a common name down there. He know's the NYPD, how they work, what to do and what not to do (like he advised against article 78's even know he coulda charged thousands of dollars for them).

Id never withdraw- heres how future LEO Interviews will go..

What Happaned with NYPD?

I withdrew.

Why?

I was going to be disqualified. (Your only answer, because thats what the record will show when they request it).

Good luck- if you speak to him, tell him i said hello. Havent spoken to them in some time.
                  Having one's name restored to the certified list of eligibles by the NYC CSC is no guarantee that NYPD will appoint that person.

Comment

I'll concede that they do get it right, often. But- one also must concede they do get it wrong frequently as well (hiring a cannibal cop, a cop who detonated a pipe bomb near another officers house, etc).

My initial decision too appeal, was so i could review my own records and decide from there. I expected to read something much more concise and detailed abut my self, but instead was a one or two page narrative that was largely taken out of context (at minimum) and actually was factually innacurate. Interestingly, the Psychologists handwritten notes were for the most part contextually accurate- yet her offical report contradicted her handwritten notes. Candidates should
                    be glad shes no longer there (now is a inmate counselor at rikers).

Theirs good and bad in every profession- even psychologists, medical doctors, etc. even the ones who graduate bottom
                    of their class still get the professional designation. If a Doctor told me
                    i needed surgery- i'd get a second opinion too. I think dq'd candidates owe it to them selves to read whats written about them, and introspectively think about it from there. (Also gives a good reference point on how to change for the future).
                    Psychology is an art and not an exact science but PAST poor behavior is often an indicator of future misconduct. Hence, a potential liability issue might present itself. Each new hire is a calculated risk.

Comment

• This question is for Vista and CountyCorrectionOfficer. After my oral interview with the psych department, the psychiatrist requested some paperwork, which they got before the due date. My investigator told me that I have not been cleared yet from the psych department, I then asked if I was on hold or on review, and the investigator replied back saying neither. Can you enlighten me on what is going on with my process. Thank you in advance!

Comment

To tell you the truth- if that IS what happaned and that is all thats negative in your history, i wouldnt withdraw.
                        Vista, NYPD had excellent grounds to disqualify him based on negative character issues. He merely signed-off on a "letter of declination" to avoid paper disqualification. Which is pretty much the same thing as disqualification meaning he was NOT hired and his name was removed off the list of eligibles for employment consideration. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck...then it is a duck!
                        Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 02-07-2016, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by smooth_operator View Post
                          This question is for Vista and CountyCorrectionOfficer. After my oral interview with the psych department, the psychiatrist requested some paperwork, which they got before the due date. My investigator told me that I have not been cleared yet from the psych department, I then asked if I was on hold or on review, and the investigator replied back saying neither. Can you enlighten me on what is going on with my process. Thank you in advance!

Yes, be patient and NOT anxious
                          . Eventually, you will contacted by them one way or another. NYPD applicant processing is a long, arduous ordeal.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                            Yes, be patient and NOT anxious
                            . Eventually, you will contacted by them one way or another. NYPD applicant processing is a long, arduous ordeal.
                            Should I be concern? Thank you for the quick reply! Forgot to mention this paperwork was submitted on October of last year.
                            Last edited by smooth_operator ; 02-06-2016, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by smooth_operator View Post
                              Should I be concern? Thank you for the quick reply! Forgot to mention this paperwork was submitted on October of last year.

Average processing time for applicants to NYPD runs approximately THREE years from date of written test to date of hire. Have you taken other civil service exams?? Also, for your information; only ONE out of Ten candidates that takes the written exam will actually be appointed. The rest will otherwise be disqualified from appointment for one reason or another or will "drop out" from the process. Hang in there! Patience is a virtue in this line of work.

Comment

His BI told him to...id at least get some space in between, exams last for 4 years, it's better to reopen two years from now then risk a DQ
                                Last edited by mike_s1234; 02-06-2016, 02:07 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4756 users online. 237 members and 4519 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X