Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by RETIRED 03 View Post
    Your trolling this site too. LOL I have a prfile in my head on you here goes correct me if I'm wrong. Your probably about 350 pounds, bald and probably never had a girlfriend. You have one of those sirens on your car, collect all police patches, probably carry a phony shield and watch all the cop shows I'm I right so far. You really need to get a life and stop putting all these kids down on this site looking for advice. Go out and find a girlfriend
    Exactly, we are looking for advice, not someone to put us down. Smh.


    Sent from my House Phone!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by RETIRED 03 View Post
      Your trolling this site too. LOL I have a prfile in my head on you here goes correct me if I'm wrong. Your probably about 350 pounds, bald and probably never had a girlfriend. You have one of those sirens on your car, collect all police patches, probably carry a phony shield and watch all the cop shows I'm I right so far. You really need to get a life and stop putting all these kids down on this site looking for advice. Go out and find a girlfriend

      HA HA HA.....just trying to give back what the system has given to me. That's all you need to know.
      What's eating you?? You seem to be on the warpath with CCCSD as well. Chill out, watch the video and keep on speculating my weight, appearance, my likes and interests. That ought to keep you busy for a while.

      See Post #1996 for other opinions.
      Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 02-08-2016, 09:57 PM.

      Comment


      • Retired.....have you read all the posts in this thread? The posters here looking for "advice" are all in the same leaking boat. What they want, for the most part, they are not going to get here. The NYPD application process is notoriously long. And there are no hard and fast time lines. The fact that each candidate's case is different and is handled individually has been oft repeated. But the same questions get asked over and over. A couple of non-LEO posters give solid advice. Very rarely do the posters accept the reality of their situation. A first time reader of this thread might wonder how the NYPD ever finds sufficient applicants to fill a class. Before you criticize other posters, perhaps you might want to include a bit about yourself in your profile.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
          Retired.....have you read all the posts in this thread? The posters here looking for "advice" are all in the same leaking boat. What they want, for the most part, they are not going to get here. The NYPD application process is notoriously long. And there are no hard and fast time lines. The fact that each candidate's case is different and is handled individually has been oft repeated. But the same questions get asked over and over. A couple of non-LEO posters give solid advice. Very rarely do the posters accept the reality of their situation. A first time reader of this thread might wonder how the NYPD ever finds sufficient applicants to fill a class. Before you criticize other posters, perhaps you might want to include a bit about yourself in your profile.

          LT., I could not have said it any better but to paraphrase a common jargon in our business, "It is was it is".

          Comment


          • I withdrew from an exam last month and took exam 4324 in March 2014 which is due to receive their APD-5 next per APD. Would I receive this still or not, and would you advise even filling it out. I know you know my situation @countycorrections


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
              The problem is not only what you did. The problem is that you did not inform your investigator. That is the crux of your problem
              Exactly. If I knew it was on file I would've mentioned it. I could run around in circles forever with this just have to focus on the future.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JaeTM View Post
                Sure. My interview primarily had to deal with my alcohol usage. I told her that I just drink socially but I've had times throughout college that I've gotten too drunk and blacked out (who hasn't? But apparently through some research a lot of people have had this problem). She went into great detail about how many drinks it takes to get me drunk, do I drink alone, when was the last time I got sick from drinking, etc. It had to have been about 80% of the interview give or take. I very very rarely drink at all throughout the week and it's basically just a Friday/Saturday thing and it isn't always something I do. I've gone weeks without a drink, to which I told her. I basically just do it when I get together with my friends for the most part.

                I haven't done a single drug (not even marijuana), never smoked a cigarette, no traffic violations or parking violations. No arrest history. Never was disciplined in school (other then a detention but I can't even remember if this was asked or not) or work.

                I really thought that I was going to be fine going into this whole process, so to be DQed is pretty discouraging; especially after all I've gone through so far. Waiting 2 years just to get it started was hard enough!
                Damn. Well being that you told them you've gotten blacked out a few times shows you may have a drinking Issue in their eyes. They probably asked you about the endless alcohol questions to see if you were consistent and you probably had a few answers that weren't. Only thing you can really do is contact a lawyer and try to appeal it. Best of luck.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • Pete......Hopefully you will succeed in finding a LE position. What you will learn on the job is that every interaction with a LEO is recorded somewhere. So even though no official action was taken against you, once campus officers were involved your name was recorded. This type of incident hangs up many candidates across the profession. And as data storage becomes more refined, these situations will only occur more frequently. Today, full disclosure means absolutely that.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                    Pete......Hopefully you will succeed in finding a LE position. What you will learn on the job is that every interaction with a LEO is recorded somewhere. So even though no official action was taken against you, once campus officers were involved your name was recorded. This type of incident hangs up many candidates across the profession. And as data storage becomes more refined, these situations will only occur more frequently. Today, full disclosure means absolutely that.

                    LT., what I want to add to your comments is that on many police candidate applications they ask about "undetected crimes" or acts of misbehavior, drug usage etc. And many of these agencies do polygraph testings of their applicants. If you don't pass the polygraph examination on background matters...you don't get the job.
                    Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 02-09-2016, 06:21 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
                      Damn. Well being that you told them you've gotten blacked out a few times shows you may have a drinking Issue in their eyes. They probably asked you about the endless alcohol questions to see if you were consistent and you probably had a few answers that weren't. Only thing you can really do is contact a lawyer and try to appeal it. Best of luck.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Drinking to blacking out isn't "you may..." It IS an issue. A serious one. Let us thank them for catching it and not allowing tae to go further in the process. As to appealing it. What is there to base an appeal on?
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
                        I withdrew from an exam last month and took exam 4324 in March 2014 which is due to receive their APD-5 next per APD. Would I receive this still or not, and would you advise even filling it out. I know you know my situation @countycorrections


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



                        Yes, I am aware of your circumstances despite the fact you previously stated in an earlier posting that I do not know all the details. Now to answer your question. Every candidate who passed a NYPD entry level civil service exam will receive paperwork (APD-5) from them to complete--even those whom were previously DQed, dropped out of the process, former employees seeking re-employment consideration etc.

                        You can complete the APD-5, albeit truthfully of course; then return the document back to them in the manner they specify. Upon review of the document;they will check your previously sealed candidate BI file and most likely will send you a notice of disqualification.


                        Again, as I have stated; given the passage of time--another police agency might extend employment consideration to you based upon on your "record as a whole".
                        Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 02-09-2016, 12:14 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                          Drinking to blacking out isn't "you may..." It IS an issue. A serious one. Let us thank them for catching it and not allowing tae to go further in the process. As to appealing it. What is there to base an appeal on?
                          I'm not a lawyer so I couldn't tell you. He can at least try to see his options


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

                            Yes, I am aware of your circumstances despite the fact you previously stated in an earlier posting that I do not know all the details. Now to answer your question. Every candidate who passed a NYPD entry level civil service exam will receive paperwork (APD-5) from them to complete--even those whom were previously DQed, dropped out of the process, former employees seek re-employment consideration etc.

                            You can complete the APD-5, albeit truthfully of course; then return the document it back to them in the manner they specify. Upon review of the document;they will check your previously sealed candidate BI file and most likely will send you a notice of disqualification.


                            Again, as I have stated; given the passage of time--another police agency might extend employment consideration to you based upon on your "record as a whole".
                            Roger. For NC Auxiliary I was going to say exactly what happened to the deputy officer before the BI begins to see his point of view.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
                              Exactly. If I knew it was on file I would've mentioned it. I could run around in circles forever with this just have to focus on the future.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Thats why i have always said long before you fill out APD forms, you shoukd contact every school, employer, etc and ask for every record they have on you.....
                              Last edited by Vista; 02-09-2016, 12:25 PM.
                              Problems with a psych exam?
                              Have an upcoming
                              PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                              If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                              you make up your mind.
                              WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                              Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                              Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                              http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                                Drinking to blacking out isn't "you may..." It IS an issue. A serious one. Let us thank them for catching it and not allowing tae to go further in the process. As to appealing it. What is there to base an appeal on?
                                They kinda dug them self a ditch.... Instead of chalking it off to a college incident they volunteered info demonstrating ongoing alcohol abuse (at least how it sounds to me). Id at least appeal to get the records and see if their narrative as psych services has it written down can be rebutted, or re-explained in a better context.

                                I think i had the best answer to why i drink alcohol?

                                Do you usually drink to get drunk? No.

                                Then why do you drink if you dont intend to get drunk? "Well, honestly i like the bitterness of IPA's when im eating hot spicy wings- and dry red wine's with my steak. But, beer makes me fat and good red wine costs too much , so i usually stick to club soda."

                                There was silence and a suprised stare. Topic dropped
                                Problems with a psych exam?
                                Have an upcoming
                                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                                If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                                you make up your mind.
                                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                                Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                                Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 2581 users online. 141 members and 2440 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X