Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
    Who interviewed you? when i emailed the psych she told me that she is not able to update me on my status and if she should need anything from me she would contact me. Been on review since Oct. After the psych interview she made me sign a paper which said that she needed my school transcripts.. Cant believe something so small can take for ever to clear.
    Dr Michelle Casarella. I have not heard anything yet, still waiting.

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
      Right, I see what you're saying but when your back is against the wall you either give up or keep fighting. I was already called for the academy and you don't know anything regarding the details of the situation or my BI. It's not over until it's over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I give you a lot of credit for your perseverance and determination. These are qualities that will serve you well in any career choice you might make. However; NYPD goes by rigid hiring and retention guidelines and sees you as a number and a stack of papers that documents your personal history. And once a negative hiring determination is made from the gathering of data; they will not deviate from their decision.This holds true even if you decide to retest again at some point in the future.

It is true I do not know the "details of your personal situation" but only from what you posted. Furthermore; the bottom line is that NYPD requested of you to withdraw from the hiring process which is the same as informing you that they will not appoint you. Even if you were hired to the position you still could have been terminated at any time during your career for falsifying records and/or omissions of material facts.

Perhaps given the passage of time, another police agency might hire you based on an overall personal history and background that demonstrates a mature, responsible individual. However; in New York State, your eligibility for a full time, civil service police position will end once you have reached 35 years of age. Good Luck!
      Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 02-05-2016, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
        Who interviewed you? when i emailed the psych she told me that she is not able to update me on my status and if she should need anything from me she would contact me. Been on review since Oct. After the psych interview she made me sign a paper which said that she needed my school transcripts.. Cant believe something so small can take for ever to clear.
        The same thing happen to me . Took my oral psych 3 weeks ago was put on review for high school Records, my school faxed them over and I can't get any answers or anything. My dr is Part time so she doesn't have a email. And my exam expires in May and I can't do my JST OR MIN-MED until am off review.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lijames631 View Post
          The same thing happen to me . Took my oral psych 3 weeks ago was put on review for high school Records, my school faxed them over and I can't get any answers or anything. My dr is Part time so she doesn't have a email. And my exam expires in May and I can't do my JST OR MIN-MED until am off review.
          I was also put on review 3 weeks about, submitted documents and have not heard back anything. Two days ago, I received an email to schedule a JST although I'm still on review. None the less my JST is scheduled and I'm still on review according to APD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
            I was also put on review 3 weeks about, submitted documents and have not heard back anything. Two days ago, I received an email to schedule a JST although I'm still on review. None the less my JST is scheduled and I'm still on review according to APD.

That's weird. APD told me I couldn't do my JST when on review. Maybe your on hold or investigation. Or maybe I'am fuc*ed lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
              So I'll go through psych, big deal. I went through psych the first time and passed. I don't have anything to hide from them regarding what took place. I didn't disclose it because it asked for disciplinary action from school. I wasn't disciplined. The matter was over and done with in 20 minutes. My investigator called me and asked what happened. I wrote a few statements and was on my way. I was called later on and said its a no go to the academy and advisable to withdraw. The main thing they're ****ed about is that I didn't tell em.

Well here's the problem with your logic--first, theft is a huge red flag for psych, aside from that -- they've got you on poor judgment, poor credibility, impulsivity

But beyond that, you're still not taking responsibility for your behavior. It was a big enough deal for someone to document it, and file that document away in a safe place, and then release it when NYPD specifically requested your disciplinary records. Somebody seems to think that it was significant enough to keep a record of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post
                Well here's the problem with your logic--first, theft is a huge red flag for psych, aside from that -- they've got you on poor judgment, poor credibility, impulsivity

But beyond that, you're still not taking responsibility for your behavior. It was a big enough deal for someone to document it, and file that document away in a safe place, and then release it when NYPD specifically requested your disciplinary records. Somebody seems to think that it was significant enough to keep a record of it.
                I don't believe he grasps the seriousness of his actions, Mike.
                I took General and Abnormal Psychology in college and you're correct in that he is not taken responsibility for his actions. Somehow he rationalizes on this board that if he joins an Auxiliary Police Unit as a volunteer--that will negate his acts of misconduct and he'll get hired on that basis. Sometimes it is physiologically difficult for an individual to accept reality and move on to other endeavors when a subject of interest becomes unavailable.. This undesirable trait is quite common when an person has an obsessive-compulsion disorder.
                Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 02-04-2016, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• So, after almost a year after my Psych Interview I finally received my email asking me to disqualify myself from the position of Police Officer. They've told me that I can get myself my own psychologist to "address my psychological fitness" and to send my NYPD file to him/her.

I guess at that point, they have to make a decision and report it to the NYPD, and then the NYPD will determine if they want to give me a second interview or not, or just be done with me all together.

I was trying to read the past few pages to avoid a post, but I couldn't find anything. Is this part even worth trying? Or is it basically a "we'll technically let you appeal, but we don't ever really let anyone in after a DQ" type deal?

Also, I've seen people hire attorney's for their psych part. I really don't want to go through that and drop thousands of dollars on an attorney. Is that where I'm heading? How much does it cost just to see a psychologist to see if they think I'm fit to be a PO?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by JaeTM View Post
                    So, after almost a year after my Psych Interview I finally received my email asking me to disqualify myself from the position of Police Officer. They've told me that I can get myself my own psychologist to "address my psychological fitness" and to send my NYPD file to him/her.

I guess at that point, they have to make a decision and report it to the NYPD, and then the NYPD will determine if they want to give me a second interview or not, or just be done with me all together.

I was trying to read the past few pages to avoid a post, but I couldn't find anything. Is this part even worth trying? Or is it basically a "we'll technically let you appeal, but we don't ever really let anyone in after a DQ" type deal?

Also, I've seen people hire attorney's for their psych part. I really don't want to go through that and drop thousands of dollars on an attorney. Is that where I'm heading? How much does it cost just to see a psychologist to see if they think I'm fit to be a PO?

Thanks in advance.
                    Can you tell us your story? Why do you think you were on review ? Summons history and incidents history please.

Comment

• Ever thought that JUST MAYBE the shrink is right and some should not be cops..? It amazes me how everyone here immediately "knows" , based on THEIR personal opinions, that they are the victims of the psych exam. There is a reason you failed.
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• CCCSD........You may have just hurt a lot of feelings. But you and I have seen examples of bad apples that manage to slip the processing system. Some people just aren't cut out for this line of work.

Comment

• Hey guys I have a question, I was in a community college with a 3.6 , transferred to a state school and was put on first semester warning because I didn't make it to enough of my classes for a legitimate family reason. Do you think I will get out on review ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
                            Can you tell us your story? Why do you think you were on review ? Summons history and incidents history please.

Sure. My interview primarily had to deal with my alcohol usage. I told her that I just drink socially but I've had times throughout college that I've gotten too drunk and blacked out (who hasn't? But apparently through some research a lot of people have had this problem). She went into great detail about how many drinks it takes to get me drunk, do I drink alone, when was the last time I got sick from drinking, etc. It had to have been about 80% of the interview give or take. I very very rarely drink at all throughout the week and it's basically just a Friday/Saturday thing and it isn't always something I do. I've gone weeks without a drink, to which I told her. I basically just do it when I get together with my friends for the most part.

I haven't done a single drug (not even marijuana), never smoked a cigarette, no traffic violations or parking violations. No arrest history. Never was disciplined in school (other then a detention but I can't even remember if this was asked or not) or work.

I really thought that I was going to be fine going into this whole process, so to be DQed is pretty discouraging; especially after all I've gone through so far. Waiting 2 years just to get it started was hard enough!

Comment

Sure. My interview primarily had to deal with my alcohol usage. I told her that I just drink socially but I've had times throughout college that I've gotten too drunk and blacked out (who hasn't? But apparently through some research a lot of people have had this problem). She went into great detail about how many drinks it takes to get me drunk, do I drink alone, when was the last time I got sick from drinking, etc. It had to have been about 80% of the interview give or take. I very very rarely drink at all throughout the week and it's basically just a Friday/Saturday thing and it isn't always something I do. I've gone weeks without a drink, to which I told her. I basically just do it when I get together with my friends for the most part.

I haven't done a single drug (not even marijuana), never smoked a cigarette, no traffic violations or parking violations. No arrest history. Never was disciplined in school (other then a detention but I can't even remember if this was asked or not) or work.

I really thought that I was going to be fine going into this whole process, so to be DQed is pretty discouraging; especially after all I've gone through so far. Waiting 2 years just to get it started was hard enough!
                              Alcohol is a big Nono with the dept. regardless of how clean you are, the psych more than likely thought you have a drinking problem hence the DQ.

Comment

Alcohol is a legal drug. Classified as an
                                anti-depressant. by your own admission; you used this drug many times to the point of being unconscious. Recreational use??? or to mask a problematic scenario ?? I believe you chose the direction you're heading for in so far as NYPD is concerned when you stated you didn't want to spend "thousands of dollars" on legal fees to contest your psych disqualification. There are other jobs out there. Good Luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10312 users online. 461 members and 9851 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X